Options

The DS Gay Members Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    GeekyGeminiGeekyGemini Posts: 1,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Men's semi's today - I hope for a Ferrer (very, very unlikely) and Djokovic final. :D I wish Federer was in the top half though. :(
    This is gonna sound awful, but I hope Djokovic falters again like in some of his previous matches and Fed makes the final :o Although he's a great player and all and deserves respect for it, I just don't find Djokovic remotely likeable and never seem to find myself rooting for him :o Do you not like Fed? And isn't he in the top half of the draw?

Was so pleased to see Masha through to her first ever FO final too :D I just hope she doesn't crack and let Errani get the better of her as I really want her to win. Although with Errani winning 3/3 clay titles this year (and knocking out Stosur who was hadn't dropped a set till their match!), she's also looking good for the final!
  • Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just been idiotically stupid to allow myself to let feelings I'd buried and tried to forget for a guy surface again when I know it's like the worst possible thing I could've done as he's now back with his ex and now feeling a little crappy over the situation. The last thing I want is to have feelings for a guy in a relationship so I was just a bit all over the place when I posted the rant, but Jase's advice really was helpful though and has made me feel somewhat better about myself and my actions. Thanks Jase.

That sucks. I can't really help you on advice but I hope you can find a way to block it out/feel better for yourself. :)
    This is gonna sound awful, but I hope Djokovic falters again like in some of his previous matches and Fed makes the final :o Although he's a great player and all and deserves respect for it, I just don't find Djokovic remotely likeable and never seem to find myself rooting for him :o Do you not like Fed? And isn't he in the top half of the draw?

Awwww, no! He does come across as a bit moody while playing but I like him. :) He's my favourite of the 'main 4' My order would be Djokovic, Murray, Federer then Nadal. I don't know why I can't just warm to Nadal - theres something about him which makes me dislike him compared to the other 3... :o

Are you watching? It looks like Nole is heading through atm. ;):D

Oops, when I said top of the draw, I meant I which is was in the section against Nadal - giving a Fed/Djokovic final. :o
    Was so pleased to see Masha through to her first ever FO final too :D I just hope she doesn't crack and let Errani get the better of her as I really want her to win. Although with Errani winning 3/3 clay titles this year (and knocking out Stosur who was hadn't dropped a set till their match!), she's also looking good for the final!

Yah. Well Errani just won her doubles FO, so she is very 'underdog' type and could well beat Sharapova. I hope Sharapova wins though. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sucks. I can't really help you on advice but I hope you can find a way to block it out/feel better for yourself.
    Thanks, I'm sure I will bury them again at some point!
    Awwww, no! He does come across as a bit moody while playing but I like him. He's my favourite of the 'main 4' My order would be Djokovic, Murray, Federer then Nadal. I don't know why I can't just warm to Nadal - theres something about him which makes me dislike him compared to the other 3...
    Yeah, I just really can't warm to him for some reason :o I tend to find myself frequently rooting more for Federer/Murray but will also find myself rooting for Nadal at times too. Djokovic I've never once rooted for and I really wish Tsonga had knocked him out the other day :o BIB - I'm like that with Djoko!
    Are you watching? It looks like Nole is heading through atm.
    Haha yes I was :o:( I was really hoping Federer would've taken the second but it wasn't meant to be I guess! I just hope Federer is able to win one more Slam at some point in his career...
    Oops, when I said top of the draw, I meant I which is was in the section against Nadal - giving a Fed/Djokovic final. :o
    Haha I was wishing Djoko was in Nadal's side so that only one (preferably Nadal) would've made the final :p As you can tell, I'm hoping it's Nadal making history on sunday winning 7 FO's rather than Djoko :D Though I'll probably be eating my words as Djoko seems to be unbeatable atm even with the amount of 5 sets he's had and stuff too!
    Yah. Well Errani just won her doubles FO, so she is very 'underdog' type and could well beat Sharapova. I hope Sharapova wins though.
    I'm hoping on this occasion that the underdog doesn't win :p Really want Sharapova to win and it'd be a great way of her re-claiming World #1 with a Slam as the cherry on top too :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha yes I was :o:( I was really hoping Federer would've taken the second but it wasn't meant to be I guess! I just hope Federer is able to win one more Slam at some point in his career...Haha I was wishing Djoko was in Nadal's side so that only one (preferably Nadal) would've made the final :p

Booo! :p
    As you can tell, I'm hoping it's Nadal making history on sunday winning 7 FO's rather than Djoko :D Though I'll probably be eating my words as Djoko seems to be unbeatable atm even with the amount of 5 sets he's had and stuff too!I'm hoping on this occasion that the underdog doesn't win :p Really want Sharapova to win and it'd be a great way of her re-claiming World #1 with a Slam as the cherry on top too :D

As much as I want Djokovic to win, Nadal is more likely as he is on fire at clay compared to Djokovic - and many others. But I suppose Nole will likely be pretty fired up to achieve his Grand Slam titles in a year.

C'mon Djokovic!!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Booo! :p
    As much as I want Djokovic to win, Nadal is more likely as he is on fire at clay compared to Djokovic - and many others. But I suppose Nole will likely be pretty fired up to achieve his Grand Slam titles in a year.

C'mon Djokovic!!! :D
    I'd always back Nadal before Djokovic :cool:

I really hope Nadal can live up to his King of Clay rep and demolish Djokovic :D Though I imagine Djokovic will be like Wimby last year where he was all guns blazing for his first ever Wimby Slam, only this time chasing that elusive French...

Haha bring it on Javvy :p C'mon Nadal!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emeli Sande was/is performing in George Square, and I ain't there, IT'S NOT FAIR!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd always back Nadal before Djokovic :cool:

I really hope Nadal can live up to his King of Clay rep and demolish Djokovic :D Though I imagine Djokovic will be like Wimby last year where he was all guns blazing for his first ever Wimby Slam, only this time chasing that elusive French...

Haha bring it on Javvy :p C'mon Nadal!!! :D

Sharapova has her Career Grand Slam! :D Was a pretty one sided match but Errani was really going for it nearer the end with her drop shots... Shame it was too last into the game she figured that. How adorable was Maria's jumps at the end when she won. :D
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the ridiculously long DM I sent you earlier Jase :o Thanks for listening to me :)

I've just been idiotically stupid to allow myself to let feelings I'd buried and tried to forget for a guy surface again when I know it's like the worst possible thing I could've done as he's now back with his ex and now feeling a little crappy over the situation :( The last thing I want is to have feelings for a guy in a relationship so I was just a bit all over the place when I posted the rant, but Jase's advice really was helpful though and has made me feel somewhat better about myself and my actions. Thanks Jase :)

Anytime:).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feeling a tad rough today and also somehow skinned both my elbows :o Damn you house vodka's for being so bloody cheap...nevertheless, still a great night :D
    Sharapova has her Career Grand Slam! Was a pretty one sided match but Errani was really going for it nearer the end with her drop shots... Shame it was too last into the game she figured that. How adorable was Maria's jumps at the end when she won.
    I was so happy to see Masha get that CGS :D:D:D Yeah, it was pretty much Masha all the way, though I'm very pleased she didn't put us through a roller coaster match! That would've been much worse for the nerves!!

It was great seeing her at the end with those little twirly, jumpy, hop thingies she was doing :D You could really see just how much she wanted that win and how happy she was with it :) It's nice to see that type of happier reaction from her instead of those composed 'Ice Queen' moments she sometimes has!

Have you been watching the men's final today? I'm hoping it keeps on going this way, but you never really can count Djokovic out atm!
    Anytime:).
    You really are saint-like Cakey! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Feeling a tad rough today and also somehow skinned both my elbows :o Damn you house vodka's for being so bloody cheap...nevertheless, still a great night :D

Haha, sounds fun! :p I was at a 21st ceilidh last night. xD
    Have you been watching the men's final today? I'm hoping it keeps on going this way, but you never really can count Djokovic out atm!

Yeah! I wish it was on earlier as at least we could have a chance of it finishing tonight - though it looks like Nole could do with a day or twos rest. :o (they're talking of having it on Tues!)

I dunno. As soon as Nadal pulls away Nole has been able to pull it back but then Nadal pulls further for the set! :(

Hopefully a 5set match is on - well for Djokovic to win anyways! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello.
    Hiya and welcome to the thread :)
    Haha, sounds fun! I was at a 21st ceilidh last night. xD
    It really was :D My bro-in-laws surprise 30th so it was nice to see more of the family that turned up who I've not seen for a while too!

Ooh I've never been to a ceilidh before, though I'd love to go to one at some point! as I imagine they're really good nights :D Hope you had a good night Jav!
    Yeah! I wish it was on earlier as at least we could have a chance of it finishing tonight - though it looks like Nole could do with a day or twos rest. :o (they're talking of having it on Tues!)
    I'm not liking the look of this suspended play, I reckon we're probably looking at a high possibility of the final sets being played tomorrow :(

I'm thinking it's Nadal that's needing the break from these conditions as he's not been happy with them for a good bit (stupid umpire carrying the match on and giving Nole an advantage :p)!

Edit: looks like play will be back at 7 :D
    I dunno. As soon as Nadal pulls away Nole has been able to pull it back but then Nadal pulls further for the set! :(

Hopefully a 5set match is on - well for Djokovic to win anyways! :p
    I'm really hoping Nadal can pull this off in 4 sets, though Djokovic will probably take it to the wire :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did you know you're named after an album that I own? It's by what'sherface with the big voice.

I'm outtta love set me freeee that one. You know. Her.
  • Options
    Adam792Adam792 Posts: 7,147
    Forum Member
    Did you know you're named after an album that I own? It's by what'sherface with the big voice.

I'm outtta love set me freeee that one. You know. Her.

Anastacia. :p I love that song! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam792 wrote: »
    Anastacia. :p I love that song! :D

I'm glad someone knows what I'm on about:D. Yeah, one of her later albums was called Heavy Rotation, it's a great album!
  • Options
    Adam792Adam792 Posts: 7,147
    Forum Member
    I'm glad someone knows what I'm on about:D. Yeah, one of her later albums was called Heavy Rotation, it's a great album!

Anastacia is awesome. :) I liked the album with Left Outside Alone on it, but I'm Outta Love is my favourite song. That was 12 years ago now :eek: Crazy...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really was My bro-in-laws surprise 30th so it was nice to see more of the family that turned up who I've not seen for a while too!

That's nice :)
    Ooh I've never been to a ceilidh before, though I'd love to go to one at some point! as I imagine they're really good nights :D Hope you had a good night Jav!

haha, did you not do ceilidh dancing in school? Its basically that over a lnger period of time! :p
    I'm not liking the look of this suspended play, I reckon we're probably looking at a high possibility of the final sets being played tomorrow :(

I'm thinking it's Nadal that's needing the break from these conditions as he's not been happy with them for a good bit (stupid umpire carrying the match on and giving Nole an advantage :p)!

Edit: looks like play will be back at 7 :DI'm really hoping Nadal can pull this off in 4 sets, though Djokovic will probably take it to the wire :mad:

Pffft, conditions were good enough to play otherwise it wouldn't. I'm sure the ref would do something over the umpire if it was that bad. Clearly the losing of about 6 points didn't help his play... :o

Even if it's back at 7 I doubt tonight will be the end of the game. :( Well unless Nadal wins the fourth... They should just get those bright football lights or play earlier in the day...

Edit- Now its tomorrow 12pm for us. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm I wonder how many father's will be receiving a gift from this selection from their children come father's day :o
    That's nice.
    Thanks, it was great!
    haha, did you not do ceilidh dancing in school? Its basically that over a lnger period of time! :p
    Well we had ceilidh band/music things but ceilidhs aren't that common down here, I think it's more popular up there :) In fact, I don't think I've ever ceilidh danced :o
    Pffft, conditions were good enough to play otherwise it wouldn't. I'm sure the ref would do something over the umpire if it was that bad. Clearly the losing of about 6 points didn't help his play...
    Pfft right back at ya :p The conditions were the same when it was suspended as they were the previous hour or so, so why didn't the ref/Umpire either suspend play earlier or leave it to continue if they believed the conditions were fine, which was what Nadal was questioning when play was eventually suspended :o I was a tad shocked though to see them both lose enough composure with Nole breaking his bench and Rafa chucking that ball at the umpire over the duration of the match :o

lol those 6 points definitely didn't help, but I'm hopeful this night long break will give them both a rest so we can have a more heated contest which many expected it to be! As much as I'm loving Rafa winning, it's not really living up to expectations as it just seems like it was all Rafa's way the first 2 sets and now Djoko's way the next two...I'd rather it have been neck and neck all the way (even though my nerves would've been shot with that)!!
    Even if it's back at 7 I doubt tonight will be the end of the game. :( Well unless Nadal wins the fourth... They should just get those bright football lights or play earlier in the day...

Edit- Now its tomorrow 12pm for us. :(
    It sucks that it's been suspended till tomorrow! Yeah, those football lights would be great, or just not let the Americans dictate such a late start to the final :mad: If they'd been allowed to start sooner, we'd probably have either been finished by now, or at least a good bit into the 5th!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm I wonder how many father's will be receiving a gift from this selection from their children come father's day :o

Oh dear..:p:D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear..:p:D.
    Oops, my bad :o:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, my bad :o:p

Sorry, I just had to point out your unfortunate choice of words:D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I just had to point out your unfortunate choice of words:D.
    Haha no worries, I'd have the done same thing had it not been my unfortunate phrasing :p I was reluctant to draw attention to it after I realised I couldn't edit :o:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha no worries, I'd have the done same thing had it not been my unfortunate phrasing :p I was reluctant to draw attention to it after I realised I couldn't edit :o:p

Oh, and there was me thinking it was intentional, what with your new bad boyness:p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and there was me thinking it was intentional, what with your new bad boyness:p.
    Paha, that made me chuckle! If you actually knew what I looked like you'd realise how funny that statement is :p I'm like the last person that could ever pull of the bad boyness look, so my attitude will need to suffice for it :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, it was great!Well we had ceilidh band/music things but ceilidhs aren't that common down here, I think it's more popular up there :) In fact, I don't think I've ever ceilidh danced :o

Haha, its not that exciting. xD
    Pfft right back at ya :p The conditions were the same when it was suspended as they were the previous hour or so, so why didn't the ref/Umpire either suspend play earlier or leave it to continue if they believed the conditions were fine, which was what Nadal was questioning when play was eventually suspended :o

I was a tad shocked though to see them both lose enough composure with Nole breaking his bench and Rafa chucking that ball at the umpire over the duration of the match :o

But no one was disadvantaged - both were out playing. Its hardly like Nole had his half of the court sheltered while poor Rafa was out in the rain with the heavy tennis balls. :p

Visibility wise didn't one of the commentators mention that Nole wears contacts - which would cause more discomfort, therefore, making visibility more difficult for Nole overall. :p

(PS - why can't they just use the tennis balls once if thats a problem...? I mean surely they have plenty of spares sitting around...)

Yeah, I found it funny that during the first suspension, they actually focused on Nole and how fast they changed the bench. xD And lol at the outrage when Nole flipped his racquet in the air. xD
    lol those 6 points definitely didn't help, but I'm hopeful this night long break will give them both a rest so we can have a more heated contest which many expected it to be! As much as I'm loving Rafa winning, it's not really living up to expectations as it just seems like it was all Rafa's way the first 2 sets and now Djoko's way the next two...I'd rather it have been neck and neck all the way (even though my nerves would've been shot with that)!!It sucks that it's been suspended till tomorrow! Yeah, those football lights would be great, or just not let the Americans dictate such a late start to the final :mad: If they'd been allowed to start sooner, we'd probably have either been finished by now, or at least a good bit into the 5th!

I know, I don't think the match would be completed in one day though if they reached a 5th set.

Same - both seemed to be lacking something today. Noles serving was a bit off for the majority of the match.Hopefully tomorrow they both can play better overall. And Nole can get all 4 slams under his belt ;)
This discussion has been closed.