Options

One Direction & Emeli Sandé For XF Final- Timings Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,105
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    Yeah, but all we asking is for someone new, there are a lot of brilliant British acts out there.

There will be someone else, they won't just have 2 performances, there will be at least 4 more (let's face it buble will be there) I honestly think we could get Beyoncè too
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    I'm fine with Emeli, but One Direction..really? Third time this year. It was bad enough when they rolled them 5 out on the first live show for nothing, but to bring them back for the final - fantastic.:rolleyes:

WEll, according to Simon, he was about to call it quits with the X Factor before 1D came along. So really if it wasn't for them, you won't be on this forum right now.:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    There will be someone else, they won't just have 2 performances, there will be at least 4 more (let's face it buble will be there) I honestly think we could get Beyoncè too

Yeah, but as a fan of x factor, I want to see 4 different artists/bands. Change things up a bit. It kinda gets boring/predictable seing these acts again. But good on them.

Edit: My mum is big fans of One Direction, but even she is getting tired of them lol :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    More acts confirmed for Saturday's show...

Bat for Lashes
    Marina & the Diamonds
    Kylie Minogue
    Sugababes 4.0 & Mutya Keisha Siobhan duet
    Lady GaGa
    Shirlena Johnson & Beyonce

And Sunday's...

Carolynne Poole
    Jade Ellis
    Leona Lewis & Emeli Sande - "Trouble"/"Heaven" mash-up
    Little Mix
    Jade Ellis
    Hilary Duff
    Pussycat Dolls featuring Nicole Scherzinger
    Steve Brookstein
    Jade Ellis & Taylor Swift
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    WEll, according to Simon, he was about to call it quits with the X Factor before 1D came along. So really if it wasn't for them, you won't be on this forum right now.:p

Yes, I am eternally grateful to a highly manufactured teenage boyband who symbolize instant cash for Simon to get three more series of Simon trying to find more easy money acts! Simon has a habit of hyperbolizing many things, I'm sure he would have found another pet project if One Direction came along.

Anyway, I agree, three 1D performances in one series is over egging the pudding IMO
  • Options
    cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    How underwhelming...... :yawn:
  • Options
    kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping for an X Factor supergroup of Brookstein, Jackson and Cardle
  • Options
    pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    They should mix it up with Heaven - infinitely superior tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwHe0ddggig

Heaven is so much better than Read All About It! Such an amazing song. During the Olympics closing ceremony I kept willing her to sing it, but it never happened :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1D - one to miss then.
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well to be fair I'd still be here on the forum for Leona :p I don't really have a passion for X-factor that I used to, so it wouldn't bother me :D X-factor has become one of those shows that you watch because you're not doing anything else on a saturday haha
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,377
    Forum Member
    More acts confirmed for Saturday's show...

Bat for Lashes
    Marina & the Diamonds
    Kylie Minogue
    Sugababes 4.0 & Mutya Keisha Siobhan duet
    Lady GaGa
    Shirlena Johnson & Beyonce

And Sunday's...

Carolynne Poole
    Jade Ellis
    Leona Lewis & Emeli Sande - "Trouble"/"Heaven" mash-up
    Little Mix
    Jade Ellis
    Hilary Duff
    Pussycat Dolls featuring Nicole Scherzinger
    Steve Brookstein
    Jade Ellis & Taylor Swift

Is this a joke? You've put Jade there three times, and Steve, seriously? :D

I'd like Leona and Little Mix though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well to be fair I'd still be here on the forum for Leona :p I don't really have a passion for X-factor that I used to, so it wouldn't bother me :D X-factor has become one of those shows that you watch because you're not doing anything else on a saturday haha

Bit like watching Leona Lewis then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only thing that could possibly ignite some interest now would be a Girls Aloud performance.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,308
    Forum Member
    Charming.:sleep::sleep:

Emeli sande could be doing a duet with James.

Thank you :D I say what I think. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Bit like watching Leona Lewis then.

Well if you like to spend your nights watching Leona Lewis when you're not doing anything, then I won't fault you. I'm fine with that :p
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    I was hoping for an X Factor supergroup of Brookstein, Jackson and Cardle

Actually, it would be interesting to have all the previous winners back for a group song:-

Steve Brookstein
    Shayne Ward
    Leona Lewis
    Leon Jackson
    Alexandra Burke
    Joe McElderry
    Matt Cardle
    Little Mix

Incidentally, I've just found this page which lists all the X-factor contestants:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_X_Factor_(UK)_finalists

I wonder what they're all doing now?
  • Options
    wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    Emeli Sande :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Agree! :yawn: :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Dear god as if the potential finalists aren't dull enough. Borefest alert!!

I know right...and they're dragging it out over 4 bloody hours.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lawsj123 wrote: »
    More to be confirmed

Probably JLS and Leona, then:yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably JLS and Leona, then:yawn:

I doubt they'd have both on the show at the same time. JLS are apparently releasing Run for xmas.. would be awkward them performing it while Leona is there lol
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Yeah, but as a fan of x factor, I want to see 4 different artists/bands. Change things up a bit. It kinda gets boring/predictable seing these acts again. But good on them.

Edit: My mum is big fans of One Direction, but even she is getting tired of them lol :D

are you sure it isn't you nagging and brainwashing her off the boys??:eek::mad:

:D:D
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt they'd have both on the show at the same time. JLS are apparently releasing Run for xmas.. would be awkward them performing it while Leona is there lol

they can do a trio with the union j guys, lolz!!:eek::p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1D oh dear the show must be hard up on getting acts when they have the same act on 3 time in one season.
  • Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    So 1D and Emeli Sande - I had already decided that I will not be watching next year - but I guess this is just the excuse I need to give the final a miss this year. I really couldn't care less who wins, so why endure it when the guest artists are so on my list of people I have just seen too much of this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    So 1D and Emeli Sande - I had already decided that I will not be watching next year - but I guess this is just the excuse I need to give the final a miss this year. I really couldn't care less who wins, so why endure it when the guest artists are so on my list of people I have just seen too much of this year.

So agree

I didnt watch last years final as it was so desperate with all the old XF acts on the only good act was Coldplay.. and I watched that on youtube so saved me watching 2 hour of crap.

Amd again this years is going the same way but lucky for me im at a party on the final and semi nights so wont be to bothered about missing any of it.