Options

BBC 1 From there to here

Comments

• Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. I really like Philip Glennister. there is something very attractive about him yet he's not conventionally handsome.

I thought I was the only one! :blush:

I'm enjoying this drama no wonder he had a heart attack though!
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    I've enjoyed most of this so far, but I am getting so bored of that scene where a woman prattles on about some mundane day to day stuff while having sex. This seems to have happened in so many shows that I've watched in the last year or so and I have never found it funny yet - I assume it was supposed to be funny?

But apart from that, enjoying it, especially the two families meeting at the end. My OH has given up on it though.

I wonder if this series is more popular with women in general than men?

Yes why waste you breathe talking when you're bouncing up & down on Philip Glenister ? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one! :blush:

I'm enjoying this drama no wonder he had a heart attack though!

No I don't think you're the only one, by a long way :) He has got the most beautiful eyes & is very charismatic I think .
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    creep thought...she could be his sister...

I thought that too...
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am loving it. :). I had to take a phone call :( so can somebody explain please how his girlfriend and her son knew he was in hospital.

Can't wait for next week.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,871
    Forum Member
    The first episode was good but the second was, I found to be just a filler of an episode really and I wasn't impressed with how they didn't reveal how Glenister escaped with his life after the ending of episode one.

Serves Glenister's character right for the way he got found out at the end though. The idiot should have told everyone the situation way before that! I liked the comedy moment of Bernard Hill coming off the treadmill in an elastic band way! :D

I wonder how Glenister and Liz White feel doing all these "close" scenes nearly 10 years after they appeared together in Life On Mars?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I am loving it. :). I had to take a phone call :( so can somebody explain please how his girlfriend and her son knew he was in hospital.

Can't wait for next week.

I think Daniel left his home phone at his girl friend's house when he went back to the hospital to be with his Dad & then his Dad rung his mobile & the son answered it. Then later Daniel collapsed in the middle of ringing his gf on his playing away phone :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how Glenister and Liz White feel doing all these "close" scenes nearly 10 years after they appeared together in Life On Mars?

I heard an interview where Phil G. said because he & Liz are good friends , & she's a brilliant actress & a really good laugh, they treated it all in a light hearted fashion . He said doing sex scenes is the most unromantic thing anyway with lots of crew standing about eating doughnuts !

He also said they were both able to detach themselves emotionally from the situation.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We waited all of episode 1 to see when would bonk the cleaner, then in a few minuites, hes not only bonked her, but shes preggers & a little while later shes dropped it.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    We waited all of episode 1 to see when would bonk the cleaner, then in a few minuites, hes not only bonked her, but shes preggers & a little while later shes dropped it.

There was a written 'thingy' come up on screen that said the time had moved on. Blink and you would have missed it.
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    The first episode was good but the second was, I found to be just a filler of an episode really and I wasn't impressed with how they didn't reveal how Glenister escaped with his life after the ending of episode one.

Serves Glenister's character right for the way he got found out at the end though. The idiot should have told everyone the situation way before that! I liked the comedy moment of Bernard Hill coming off the treadmill in an elastic band way! :D

I remember reading In a post LiFE on Mars promo which involved Liz .John Sim and Phil ...phil and Liz sang a rendition of the Neighbours theme together so they are obviously good mates !...i see Liz is doing a series called MY Zoo about Chester Zoo later this year where she is starring alongside Lee Ingleby who was of course Sam Tylers father in a couple of episodes of LOM !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I am enjoying the character of Steven Mackintosh :D but am sure he is based on Paul Kaye in It's All Gone Pete Tong.

As some have said I have found it a bit all over the place. As for the comedy on the running machine... why :confused: I thought this was a drama.

Agree i think he plays the part brilliantly with some great comic lines ! its a great cast with Phil Liz Saskia and Bernard in usual fine form !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    Shame his double-life has been discovered. I enjoyed his struggle to keep the secret (and almost getting caught out). I hope next week is not just rows and reconciliations.

That was an excellent drama and you're right - she was brilliant in it. WIsh they would repeat it.

Agree i thought the chemistry between Paul Nichols and Liz in that series was excellent !
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curmy wrote: »
    I think Daniel left his home phone at his girl friend's house when he went back to the hospital to be with his Dad & then his Dad rung his mobile & the son answered it. Then later Daniel collapsed in the middle of ringing his gf on his playing away phone :)

• Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying this, agree that the adoption could be relevant somehow.
  • Options
    SmintSmint Posts: 4,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've yet to see PG in a real lemon

You didn't watch Demons then? :D

I've just caught up with the last two episodes and my husband and I both enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing how it ends now :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Smint wrote: »
    You didn't watch Demons then? :D

I've just caught up with the last two episodes and my husband and I both enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing how it ends now :)

I watched a few episodes of Demons (that's all I could handle) when it aired on BBC America. At the time, I had no idea who Phil Glennister was. When I heard him speak, my first thought was, "What part of America is this guy from?" Later, I learned he wasn't. :)
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'He made a mistake' - no kidding(!).
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nw0307 wrote: »
    I'm half expecting a few "Mad for it" cliches at the moment. Nice to see Glenister and Liz White back together on screen though
    Sam Tyler will be mad, The Gene Genie kissing his bird!
  • Options
    cgkcgk Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many times are dramas going to this cliched "and they stuck it in property and lost the lot"? If a show features self-made business people, they always have this? In reality, they would have assets separate from the business and the only people who would get screwed over are the factory workers.

Edit: ok they caught me out. ;-)
  • Options
    Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is this supposed to be set?
  • Options
    Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in the year 2000 the start was just after he woke from the heart attack then went straight in the 2000 new year parties.

First episode was June 1996 second was in 1997 and third was in the year 2000
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed that and for me I want to see Daniel Rigby in more dramas or just more on tv.

Loved the comedy bits and still thought Steven Mackintosh was brilliant in it.
  • Options
    Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in the year 2000 the start was just after he woke from the heart attack then went straight in the 2000 new year parties.

Right, kind of makes sense. I wasn't really watching it properly - did Bernard Hill's character like watching old football matches??
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed this drama and so happy that it ended on some form of happy note.