Options

The Big Bang Theory E4 New Series 7 Thursday 31/10/13

Comments

• Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim Parsons (who plays Sheldon) was spotted earlier on at Wimbledon apparently following the progress of the Canadian player, Eugenie Bouchard while she competed against Andrea Petkovic as I think the commentator said he was sitting next to her Mother.
  • Options
    joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    Johnny Galecki...
    His relationship with Penny is rendered even more unbelievable than it's already meant to be as a result.

Penny dating Leonard should be unbelievable but no doubt a good few of us can think back to similar relationships at college that lasted even 3 or 4 years whilst away from home only to fizzle out with a bang once school was out. It just seems so obvious Penny and Leonard is just a relationship of convenience, having a near mullet and being plump doesn't exclude Leonard from being something to do.
    The present relationships have run their course for being funny, the next season or two could to with going back to the start. All the guys should be single again.
    The least successful pairing of Sheldon and Amy is just tiresome, it would be better if Sheldon brought home a dog, or a cat.
    Love Big Bang never missed an ep but I hope just like with Mike & Molly ditching the new baby story arc the writers will change tack and return to the three geeks plus unobtainable hotty across the hall.
    Ditch Penny, Amy & Bernadette.
  • Options
    Bryant N MayBryant N May Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Bang Theory has been one of my favourite programmes since it began but I wish it was finishing with this season. I still watch the show every week but it has definitely lost some of it's magic. I'm not sure I'm going to last three more seasons.

I agree with those that think the show was at it's best in the early seasons when the men were single and desperate but do see that they had to do something with the Leonard/Penny relationship. The on/off relationship followed by the will they/won't they thing has gone on too long. To be honest I don't much care if they marry or not but if they're going to, then having that as the final episode of this season and of all time would have been a suitable ending.

I'm not sure marrying off Howard has worked. I usually don't find his and Bernadette's storylines to be particularly funny nor the parts with his mother really.

I know a lot of people don't think it works but I quite like the Sheldon - Amy relationship and find them both funny. Unfortunately it's inevitable I suppose the writers will take them to the next stage but hope they don't.

Raj's situation is a bit odd. I know he had his phobia about talking to women but, speaking as a man, isn't he the most attractive of the guys in terms both of looks and personality ? or do other 'better qualified' people on this board think differently ? Is it part of the joke that he is the last to find a partner ? Anyway, since it now looks as if he may have found one it's another reason the show should end in my opinion.

It's been a really funny show and some of the guest stars have been hilarious but I can't see where it's going to get any funnier now.
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Malliday wrote: »
    His relationship with Penny is rendered even more unbelievable than it's already meant to be as a result.

I find this comment (with it's implicit suggestion that Leonard is too scruffy, out of shape and unattractive to be of interest to Penny) wryly amusing, given that Galecki and Cuoco used to date. :p
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Big Bang Theory has been one of my favourite programmes since it began but I wish it was finishing with this season. I still watch the show every week but it has definitely lost some of it's magic. I'm not sure I'm going to last three more seasons.

I agree with those that think the show was at it's best in the early seasons when the men were single and desperate but do see that they had to do something with the Leonard/Penny relationship. The on/off relationship followed by the will they/won't they thing has gone on too long. To be honest I don't much care if they marry or not but if they're going to, then having that as the final episode of this season and of all time would have been a suitable ending.

I'm not sure marrying off Howard has worked. I usually don't find his and Bernadette's storylines to be particularly funny nor the parts with his mother really.

I know a lot of people don't think it works but I quite like the Sheldon - Amy relationship and find them both funny. Unfortunately it's inevitable I suppose the writers will take them to the next stage but hope they don't.

Raj's situation is a bit odd. I know he had his phobia about talking to women but, speaking as a man, isn't he the most attractive of the guys in terms both of looks and personality ? or do other 'better qualified' people on this board think differently ? Is it part of the joke that he is the last to find a partner ? Anyway, since it now looks as if he may have found one it's another reason the show should end in my opinion.

It's been a really funny show and some of the guest stars have been hilarious but I can't see where it's going to get any funnier now.
    Have to agree with you there. It will be a shame for it to end but it needs to.

Penny and Leonard were always going to get together in the end.
    I guess the Raj storyline where he was heartbroken and could then talk to girls was a good storyline but I do agree that he seems the most balanced of the group and should be the one to get a girl with ease.

I don't think the Shamy thing works at all. I've been watching some repeats on E4 and he treats her like shit and I don't know why she would stick with him.

Not sure what they're going to do for the remaining seasons. We've had a getting ready for marriage storyline before so it would just be repeating that.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Have to agree with you there. It will be a shame for it to end but it needs to.

Penny and Leonard were always going to get together in the end.
    I guess the Raj storyline where he was heartbroken and could then talk to girls was a good storyline but I do agree that he seems the most balanced of the group and should be the one to get a girl with ease.

I don't think the Shamy thing works at all. I've been watching some repeats on E4 and he treats her like shit and I don't know why she would stick with him.

Not sure what they're going to do for the remaining seasons. We've had a getting ready for marriage storyline before so it would just be repeating that.

What you will now see is an end to any real geekness and with everyone coupled up it will all be about their feelings and relationships, probably appealing to women.

I lost interest in the show a while back and when you look at how few posts it gets on here I suspect that applies to a lot of people here as well.

The early seasons 1-4 are by far the funniest.

The comic book store being destroyed (and probably back as a coffee shop with Penny working as a waitress there... sound familiar?) was probably the hint from the shows producers that they are moving it on.

I'll still watch the old shows but season 5+ or any episodes that have lots of Amy & Bernadette (or that skinny odd bird that Raj was with for a while, the one with the really short hair) I'll miss thanks.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well in real life the actor is married to a model/beauty queen. :D
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather an unspectacular end to the season in my view. Though the show remains enjoyable, even if somewhat less so than previously.
  • Options
    3iff3iff Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Yes, lots of loose ends left to be decided at the start of the next season. I'm wondering whether I will be bothering to watch...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought it was pretty dire.
    Sheldon is now just obnoxious. He reminds me of Alan from Hangover 3. The act just isn't funny anymore.
    Amy isn't much better.
    It's becomming more of a drama or soap opera.

Was it supposed to be funny when she started hitting Leonard at the end? Maybe he should have pointed out that Sheldon didn't see fit to staying behind for her, or even saying a proper goodbye to her.

Howard is the only funny one left. And he only has a few lines per episode.
  • Options
    The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all the complaining the audiences on both sides of the Atlantic continue to surge ever higher and higher.

Though probably not surprising as even those who complain it's not as good as the early seasons still tune in week in week out to come on here and tell us that it's not as good as the early seasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe it means the rest of the stuff on tv is not that good either.

Plus it's only 20 minutes to sit through. There are sometimes some decent episodes.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found the finale by chance last night and decided to see what I've missed. Turns out, not a lot.

The only high point of the episode was the re-creation of Union Station. Pretty swish for a sitcom.
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still enjoy the show, despite Sheldon being ultra- annoying all the time.
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In real life, Sheldon would probably have no friends.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    "No. Oh God, you sound like the police, the firemen, my parents, my therapist and the insurance company."
    Rather an unspectacular end to the season in my view. Though the show remains enjoyable, even if somewhat less so than previously.
    For me, one of the best - after The Thanksgiving Decoupling....which was the best episode I'd seen in about three years.

Overall, a very average season, not coming close to the first 3 seasons, but with the odd gem.

But no more Hairy Penny.:o

"Move across the hall? Did you take a marijuana?"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    One of the better episodes IMO.

Bernadette: I could have ridden a bull longer than that. LOL.

Rather crass of Raj to boast about having sex with Emily *cringe*.

Poor Stuart, though he seems to have found happiness with Howard's mum.

Good to see Sheldon go on his travels.

Hopefully it'll shake the show up and make it less predictable.

After all, they have signed up for another THREE seasons . . .
  • Options
    KrisHaywardKrisHayward Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E4 decided to cut a line tonight that they didn't when it first aired on Thursday.

Stuart: Wow you slept with her?
    Raj: I cant take all the credit, she let me.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it rates below How I Met Your Mother and above 2 Broke Girls. I record all three the same night, and that's the order I find I want to watch them in.
    Was it supposed to be funny when she started hitting Leonard at the end? Maybe he should have pointed out that Sheldon didn't see fit to staying behind for her, or even saying a proper goodbye to her.
    Amy is supposed to be as dysfunctional in her way as any of the others. She knows Sheldon doesn't much care about her; she wanted him kept for her anyway, because she thinks he's her best shot. She's as creepy as Howard was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a much improved version of Amy.

I cringed at the episodes where she was OTT over Penny or trying to get Sheldon to like her.
    It was a more subtle character last night so that's a plus.
    It's just a shame as I wrote this last year. I guess it was a series or two back.
    I thought she was just slightly improving over the episodes but this series she's changed again - not the OTT over Penny but more obsessed with Sheldon and just as insufferable.
    brangdon wrote: »
    Amy is supposed to be as dysfunctional in her way as any of the others. She knows Sheldon doesn't much care about her; she wanted him kept for her anyway, because she thinks he's her best shot. She's as creepy as Howard was.
  • Options
    tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The spoof trailer would have been better if they'd have done it straight, instead of trying tor laughs from the VO guy.
  • Options
    tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    The spoof trailer would have been better if they'd have done it straight, instead of trying tor laughs from the VO guy.

Agreed, though sometimes a bit of humour in a trailer works...

http://youtu.be/fWY4-u9Ewdc
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'm like a lot of contributors here, I liked the first 5 series or so but I'm beginning to feel that the main premise of the series is played out. If there are to be three more series there needs to be some sort of reboot, maybe all the relationships breaking down and a return to the single guys era as suggested above.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Well if they don't agree new contracts soon, there might not be another series, let alone 3 more.

They're due to do the first table read through of the first episode in less than a week's time and only Melissa Rauch and Mayim Bialik currently have contracts.

Jim Parsons, Johnny Galeki and Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting are said to be holding out a $1 million an episode as opposed to the reported $350 thousand they had been getting, with Kunal Nayyar and Simon Helberg also looking for large rises on what they had been receiving although that was considerably less than the other three, with Kunal Nayyar earning the least..