Options

What do people think of superdry?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think these things look a bit naff tbh. I know young teens like to have Hollister, Superdry or whatever splashed across their chests but most adults know better don't they?

I don't understand why people need to have certain labels, why not just buy clothes they look good in??
  • Options
    designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I practically keep them afloat. lol... I like the fit of them and I am a creature of habit so if I like the fit, I end up buying similar. I don't like thin flimsy clothing. Their tops are quite comfortable
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went up to someone in Asda to ask where they'd moved the tea bags to but it wasn't a member of staff, it was a woman wearing a black and green Superdry jacket that looked exactly like an Asda uniform :o I don't know who was more embarrassed. Her, probably.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    I think these things look a bit naff tbh. I know young teens like to have Hollister, Superdry or whatever splashed across their chests but most adults know better don't they?

I don't understand why people need to have certain labels, why not just buy clothes they look good in??

People say that, but I nothing fits me like a hollister t-shirt and they're only £20. Saying that, I don't like the fit of superdry t-shirts but I have a jacket, a hoodie and two pairs of joggers from there

A £3 t-shirt from Matalan or sainsburys fits and looks horrible
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    What do people think of Superdry clothes? I think they are fashionable but the quality is terrible. I've had a few of their t shirts and the logo comes off nearly straight away and the quality of the t shirt is poor.
    They are overpriced in my opinion and the quality is like Primark or the back of the market.

I would say more popular than fashionable.

The jackets seem to be worn by a lot of minimum wage immigrants around here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    owlie81 wrote: »
    I bought a winter jacket from superdry. I saw it online but they didn't actually stock it any of their stores (annoying!) So I couldn't try it for size. Their website had XS or Large. Reading several reviews about weird sizing I went to the store and tried on several other jackets. TBH there wasn't much difference between a XS and a L.

I don't consider myself to be large person, but I ordered L anyway - I thought I'd rather it be a bit roomier than too small - I think their sizing is way off.

Anyway, I really like it - you can tell it's good quality.

..oh and I did manage to get my coat without all those silly zip tags on them. So many of their coats have literally got 5/6 zips and each zip has got a plastic or metal tag on it saying 'superdry' of course!

But looking around the shop, I didn't like anything else. It just seemed to be t-shirts with 'superdry' printed on them and crappy trousers and jeans.

I probably wont buy anything else from them.

To be fair, the shirt I brought off my brother (he ordered wrong size) is really good quality and in lovely colours.
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do people think of Superdry clothes? I think they are fashionable but the quality is terrible. I've had a few of their t shirts and the logo comes off nearly straight away and the quality of the t shirt is poor.
    They are overpriced in my opinion and the quality is like Primark or the back of the market.

I do the like of the clothes. The quality has gone downhill vastly. I have had quite a few Superdrys shirts which were and are pretty good and wearable. Now, I would never buy one since the quality is bad.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never did understand why everyone wants to wear the same t-shirt as everyone else.

I design my own just to avoid that ever happening.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuff's overpriced crap.

Psuedo-Japanese from a company based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire if I'm not mistaken.

Worn by tossers.
  • Options
    caraxcarax Posts: 3,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chavtastic!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    It's alright...It's quite good quality...I couldn't think it as exclusively chavy, my middle class and middle aged father has jacket from there.
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Couple of years ago when they first came on the scene I tought they were Japanese.

Then when I went to Japan I asked my friends about Superdry and they hadnt heard of them. Then I discovered it was strictly a UK invention. Clever marketing but the clothes are poor quality.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I can't stand superdry, neither can my 16 years old which I'm glad about. I know a few men from my age group upwards (mid 30s and above) who like to wear it, it's like they're trying to be down with the kids.

If I see any grown up in Superdry or Hollister....it really looks desperate, imo.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 13 year old loves it. Which tells you all you need to know.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    It reminds me a bit of Bench to be honest. Overpriced, over hyped, a bit hit and miss with quality and the thing that a few at the beginning wore but now is seen on every street in the UK and has lost it's originality and appeal. It will probably go the same way as Bench in a couple of years (you don't see their clothes much these days).

I went in to Hollister the other week and just thought how can you buy clothes in a dark dingy shop (It smelt nice though!).
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought it was the name of a launderette!

They, Super Dry, love people buying their clothes as the logo is plastered all over it. Free advertising for them.:rolleyes:

Its a bit like North Face coats. But the only people that can see their logo is if you're walking behind them.
  • Options
    designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    Stuff's overpriced crap.

Psuedo-Japanese from a company based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire if I'm not mistaken.

Worn by tossers.

I'm not a tosser or a chav but I wear SuperDry because I like the fit. As someone who used to be fat and out of shape, I have self confidence issues with how I look. Many tops now appear to be really thin and baggy. I don't like that as I feel like I am wearing a bed sheet. SuperDry are comfortable and thicker than any t-shirts in Topman, New Look, H&M etc. I think it's rather rude to assume that anyone wearing such a brand is a tosser, a chav or not very intelligent as some people seem to make out on here...
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »

Its a bit like North Face coats. But the only people that can see their logo is if you're walking behind them.

Maybe that s where a South Face logo should be ?
  • Options
    DbarDbar Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anything which has branding all over it is vulgar in my opinion. I can see why some like it if it fits well but i just dont like walking round looking like an advert.
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    The cloths themselves are up and down. Most of it I'm not keen on but you get the odd thing which is quite nice and I'm always surprised.

The trouble is it's become so ubiquitous for a whole generation of men who seem to wear it as a uniform. I see it as a dull choice, who want's to dress like everyone else in their deomgraphic?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't most of these brands basically a normally priced product all made in the same factory where you pay many times over for the Brand Name?
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Aren't most of these brands basically a normally priced product all made in the same factory where you pay many times over for the Brand Name?

I doubt it, like I said a cheap t-shirt from Matalan will be a horrible shape and fit to start with and will be all over the place after a few washes. It definitely wouldn't be a superdry tshirt without the logo
  • Options
    DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The jackets make you look like security staff at a cheap shopping centre.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it, like I said a cheap t-shirt from Matalan will be a horrible shape and fit to start with and will be all over the place after a few washes. It definitely wouldn't be a superdry tshirt without the logo

Yes but you still pay many times over just for the logo. I just don't believe in a number of cases the quality is any different from non-logo purchases.
  • Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    I always thought it was the name of a launderette!

They, Super Dry, love people buying their clothes as the logo is plastered all over it. Free advertising for them.:rolleyes:

My Trespass coat has the logo on back and front shoulders. Think a trend was started.