Options

Would Simon, Cheryl, Rita work?

Oh Brother...Oh Brother... Posts: 1,563
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And who would be the fourth judge?

I like Nicole, but can't see her staying with those 3.

Comments

• Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Cheryl is only coming back because her music career strives off X Factor and Simon Cowell. Her last album bombed.

I'd like Nicole to stay and I think Simon, Nicole, Rita and Louis would be a better panel. Rita has more personality than Cheryl.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon - fine. Don't bring the other 2 back. Keep Nicole and Louis. Maybe keep Sharon or get a woman producer or manager, not a tart.
  • Options
    Oh Brother...Oh Brother... Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Cheryl is only coming back because her music career strives off X Factor and Simon Cowell. Her last album bombed.

I'd like Nicole to stay and I think Simon, Nicole, Rita and Louis would be a better panel. Rita has more personality than Cheryl.

Just seems odd, to have Sharon back for one year only. Mind you Kelly Rowland only lasted one year.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Just seems odd, to have Sharon back for one year only. Mind you Kelly Rowland only lasted one year.

Yes, Kelly only left because she proved to be unpopular with the GBP. It's not like Nicole has had that same effect this year, as she still polls the most votes for 'Favourite Judge'.

Though I am surprised that Nicole hasn't used XF as a means to promote her music, that says more about the type of person she is in comparison to Cheryl. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Yes, Kelly only left because she proved to be unpopular with the GBP. It's not like Nicole has had that same effect this year, as she still polls the most votes for 'Favourite Judge'.

Though I am surprised that Nicole hasn't used XF as a means to promote her music, that says more about the type of person she is in comparison to Cheryl. :)
    I liked Kelly she's still my favourite judge :P
  • Options
    JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Only Simon needs to return, and then he needs to convince Sharon to stay and then you've got the best possible panel out of all previous judges.

Simon - Nicole - Sharon - Louis

Perfect.
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita is basic as hell. She would be a completely pointless addition. She's not even that successful.
  • Options
    kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HughOS wrote: »
    Rita is basic as hell. She would be a completely pointless addition. She's not even that successful.

An utterly pointless celebrity who seems mostly to have a very effective PR rather than talent
  • Options
    noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know that the 4th judge will be Walsh. Who the others are we'll have to wait and see but if Cowell returns, this shows days are numbered.
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    An utterly pointless celebrity who seems mostly to have a very effective PR rather than talent

Agreed. I'd rather have an empty chair than that vacuous dullard. In fact, I'd sooner put Christopher Maloney on the panel.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HughOS wrote: »

Ths. Rita would be a death knell for the series as far as I'm concerned. She is utterly lacking in any sort of star quality.
  • Options
    gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member

yeah because Cheryl had number 1 single last year when did Nicole last have number 1 single:D
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita Ora? They can't be that desperate I hope
  • Options
    IanPIanP Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to see Rita on the panel but disappointed to have Cheryl back. I'd much rather have Dannii back than Cheryl.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    For me, no. Simon and Cheryl (of 2008/9) yes but I really don't like Rita Ora and I don't think she's been around for long enough

I could cope with Simon, Cheryl, Nicole and Louis but I don't think Cheryl particularly likes Nicole so it won't happen
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackk wrote: »
    Only Simon needs to return, and then he needs to convince Sharon to stay and then you've got the best possible panel out of all previous judges.

Simon - Nicole - Sharon - Louis

Perfect.

I'd like to see this panel ^
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it wouldn't work. Would be enough to finally make me quit this show lol...
  • Options
    lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP , of course it would work , just don't mention it to his fiancée ;)
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please no to Cheryl. She never gave good critiques other than 'you're a little star' or 'you nailed it'. Much prefer Danni
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really looking forward to Rita being a judge. She didn't seem that interesting during her guest stint and she has less experience in the industry as Tulisa and Cheryl had when they joined.

I also hope she's not going to be flirting with Simon as well :o:o :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Rueben_ClaraRueben_Clara Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    I wonder what Rita's boyfriend thinks of her joining the show? Wasn't he banned after he jumped on stage with Jedward? I don't know what Simon is thinking of asking Rita to join. As much as I can't stand Cheryl, I think Cheryl, Nicole and Louis are going to be the best panel he is going to get.
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita would be the most hated, and viewers would be calling for her firing every week.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita and Cheryl play the same role, so no.
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl was pointless (did she ever say much more than "you are right up my street" to her contestents?) and her "my gang" act with Simon was simply nauseating. Rita is pure trash and it's a total joke she was ever on X Factor's judging panel at any point in time.

So a big fat no way from me when it comes to those two.
  • Options
    Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita is just Tulisa v2. So, no. We need people that have been in the industry for a while, not some random singer with a limited shelf-life.

I don't mind Cheryl because she's had plenty of experience in the industry from Girls Aloud and her solo career. I'd love it to be Simon/Cheryl/Sharon/Louis, but I don't know if ITV can afford that panel...