Options

PC Help

Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
Forum Member
The screen on my main PC has gone upside down.

Let my grand son play a game on it and it's literally gone t*ts up.

This has happened before and I've managed to right it using shift and arrow keys etc. It's not working this time unfortunately (no idea why). I think my main PC runs on Vista - any advice welcome.

My other grandson age 12 is a bright little soul. When I said it's impossible to control the mouse with the screen upside down he just said -' turn the mouse upside down' - it works a treat. I'd never have thought of doing that.

Comments

• Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you press CTRL &Alt and the arrow keys.. its something simple like that.. Someone else will know for sure :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think you press CTRL and the arrow keys.. its something simple like that.. Someone else will know for sure :D

That's what I usually do and it's just not working this time unfortunately. Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get the desktop up, right click, scroll down to graphic options,rotation
  • Options
    tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have Windows 7, go to: Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display > Screen Resolution

Then click on the drop down box next to "Orientation" and change it from "flipped" back to normal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you ...........^^ I will give these a go later.
  • Options
    Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming this is the thread that resulted in the Argos thread in GD being resurrected. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming this is the thread that resulted in the Argos thread in GD being resurrected. :D

Nope ..............................my screen has gone upside down. I thought I'd post in here for advice.

Apologies if it's been done before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All sorted ..............thanks very much. What would we do without DS Advice eh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was very strange. To bump a thread 6 years old that had nothing to do with that thread but seems like it was replying to this thread :confused::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OK ....................it would appear that the CTRL ans arrow thing wouldn't work because some of the keys are a bit sticky (think grandson had a bit of a field day the other day). Not sure how bad it is and I know I have a spare somewhere and even if not a new one is pretty cheap.

I read on here that in desperation people have rinsed a keyboard under running water and turned it upside down to dry and it's been fine.

Any thoughts on this?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    I clean my KB once a year as it gets a bit icky anyway. I just undo the screws on the bottom, pop the top and bottom apart, and push the keys out from underneath. If you're going to do this, watch you don't break any connectors when you pull it apart.

And if you don't know where all the keys go, take a photo before you start. Or you'll be typing things like jmsikfmnz....

Edit: they are cheap to buy, but this is the first one I bought 20 yrs ago, and still the best, so I look after it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK ....................it would appear that the CTRL ans arrow thing wouldn't work because some of the keys are a bit sticky (think grandson had a bit of a field day the other day). Not sure how bad it is and I know I have a spare somewhere and even if not a new one is pretty cheap.

I read on here that in desperation people have rinsed a keyboard under running water and turned it upside down to dry and it's been fine.

Any thoughts on this?

I wouldn't recommend it.

Turning them upside down while shaking and running a hoover with a brush on over the keys usually works for me.

Baby or hand-wipes are also good for cleaning sticky keys - wrap around a credit card to clean between the keys.

I would be inclined to keep the running water method as a last resort - could be kill or cure!
  • Options
    JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP the best way to learn to correct things that go funny with a PC is to have grandchildren. Each Sunday after they leave I have a happy hour sorting out the weird and wonderful stuff they have done.