Options

TalkTalk driving me crazy!

yeahbuddyyeahbuddy Posts: 703
Forum Member
✭✭
Has anyone else had trouble with TalkTalk?
I've been with then for about a year and not had any troubles until now. My youview box has stopped and now my wifi and phone line are completely dead. I would mind if I hadn't paid my bill but I have but nothing. No one can ring us (unless to my mobile as we have now had to redirect) and we can't ring out.
This has been a problem since Saturday and that's when I first logged it with TalkTalk. They said someone would contact me within 24 hours, I was then told 48 and now 72hours. Abit if a pain especially as I leave for work at 7am and don't get back till 6pm and can't take calls throughout the day due to being in an office.
Anyone had any trouble and am I right in being angry in being given the run around and the lack of service. I am also going to look at a bill reduction especially as I am now using my own 3G for everything

Comments

• Options
    thaliafanthaliafan Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this is not helpful but just finish your contract and don't work with them again.

They don't care. Ring all you like, it sounds like you will need to wait for them, and go to Costa to use their Internet in the meanwhile.

We will start a union together. They are dreadful :(
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was with them for a couple of years and my experience wasn't good. Some times I could go a day with broadband and they would slow my broadband down on peak times.

Felt good when I could finally leave talktalk lol.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    If you have Twitter of Facebook, can you not make a complaint in public on their Twitter feed/Facebook page? Companies don't like bad publicity and they seem to try harder to solve problems that are raised that way. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    sesmosesmo Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with taliafan completely. End your contract and walk away. I'd been with Tiscali and then Talktalk for years. In September last year my broadband became unusable after 5pm, and after 6pm I frequently had no phone. They wanted money before they'd send an engineer out, despite me proving that the broadband/phone ran fine during the day.

Now with Plusnet, and there is a slight degradation in service after 5pm, but for where I live (very rural area) I still get over 6meg. With Talktalk after 5pm it was around 300k. They admitted they were targetting fibre customers and to hell with the rest.

Just a thought- who do you pay line rental to? If it's BT you can get them to check the line.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I was with them for a couple of years and my experience wasn't good. Some times I could go a day without broadband and they would slow my broadband down on peak times.

Felt good when I could finally leave talktalk lol.
    Edit. Should have said 'without' in my original post.

I'm with BT now and I find them to be the best one I've used, no slow down in broadband speed, I consistently get about 5MB all day.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Their customer service is dreadful.
    They always say they'll call back but they never do consequently you find yourself wasting your morning being put on the phone from person to person. In my experience it's a waste of time, best thing is to write a unhappy email to them (about the problems) as that gave them a kick up the backside and they actually responded to us helpfully that way.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never get less than 16 mbps with TalkTalk. Is it a BT line you're actually going through?
  • Options
    karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with Talk Talk and because I went over a £20 limit ( I had to call HMRC and the Passport office last month). I am on a ban. I wouldn't mind but the bill was paid as a direct debit from my account, so it isn't like I owe anything I am just be punished for going over my limit and can't use my house phone for a month unless I give them another £20 on top which I don't owe to lift the ban. It is frustrating.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with Talk Talk and because I went over a £20 limit ( I had to call HMRC and the Passport office last month). I am on a ban. I wouldn't mind but the bill was paid as a direct debit from my account, so it isn't like I owe anything I am just be punished for going over my limit and can't use my house phone for a month unless I give them another £20 on top which I don't owe to lift the ban. It is frustrating.
    That sounds so suspicious that I suspect it's some kind of scam, because nobody is allowed to ban you, let alone try to get £20 from you in advance. That actually amounts to extortion and would be a clear case for Ofcom http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/complain/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to look into that. Thanks :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    HI All,

If anyone is experiencing sisues with your TalkTalk services please join and post on the TalkTalk Community (http://community.talktalk.co.uk) where an Online Community Executive cna provide you with advice on resolving your issues.

Regards

Mark
    Online Community Department
    TalkTalk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually Mark, I spoke to the person on the other end of the line who was there telling me I can't make calls until I cough up another £20 or no phone for a month even though the bill has been paid. Imagine hearing that instead of a dialling tone. There is nothing I can do and Talk Talk has now lost money because I can't run up a phone bill due to this penalty.
  • Options
    debidebi Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would email the CEO direct
    Ms Dido Harding Chief Executive/Talk Talk

Email dido.harding@talktalkplc.com
    Telephone 0203 417 1000

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually Mark, I spoke to the person on the other end of the line who was there telling me I can't make calls until I cough up another £20 or no phone for a month even though the bill has been paid. Imagine hearing that instead of a dialling tone. There is nothing I can do and Talk Talk has now lost money because I can't run up a phone bill due to this penalty.

HI,

All accounts have a preset credit limit. If you exceeed the credit limit then a restriction si applied on your account (which si the purpose of the limit) to prevent you running up excessively high bills.

When this occurs you have two potions, either to make a payment to reduce the unbilled balance to under your credit limit, or to wait until your bill is produced and sent out.

As advised if you join the TalkTalk Community we can look into this in more depth for you and give you specific advice based on your account.

Cheers

Mark
    TalkTalk
  • Options
    sesmosesmo Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HI,

All accounts have a preset credit limit. If you exceeed the credit limit then a restriction si applied on your account (which si the purpose of the limit) to prevent you running up excessively high bills.

When this occurs you have two potions, either to make a payment to reduce the unbilled balance to under your credit limit, or to wait until your bill is produced and sent out.

As advised if you join the TalkTalk Community we can look into this in more depth for you and give you specific advice based on your account.

Cheers

Mark
    TalkTalk

BIB- that explains everything. Talktalk is Hogwarts in disguise and everything runs on magic! :o

:D
  • Options
    yeahbuddyyeahbuddy Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All sorted, only took four days and contestant contact but my wifi and phone line is back. Turns out that my whole roads telephone lines didn't work due to the box being exposed to the rain. Engineer was lovely so I suppose that one good thing about them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yeahbuddy wrote: »
    All sorted, only took four days and contestant contact but my wifi and phone line is back. Turns out that my whole roads telephone lines didn't work due to the box being exposed to the rain. Engineer was lovely so I suppose that one good thing about them

@Yeahbuddy - Glad to see its fixed, if you do have any other questions feel free to join the TalkTalk Community.

@sesmo - ooops :S obviously i was meant to say options, but i guess potions is probably more amusing, better mix myself some Baruffios Brain Elixir ;)

Cheers

Mark
    TalkTalk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I had no wifi for a year with talk talk and my broadband kept dropping. After about 20 phone calls, I left and went with plusnet because the final insult was when a talk talk call centre worker said that my wifi had gone due to something I had done/changed. Theres no personal service, they talk to you like they are reading from a script and they really dont give the impression they care.

They wanted to charge me 50 pounds to send an engineer out, I couldnt afford it. I changed to plusnet, cheaper and I had wifi from the minute they connected me and their customer service is much better.

I'll never go back to them.
  • Options
    JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HI,

Cheers

Mark
    TalkTalk

OP I will translate. This means 'For goodness sake stop posting publicly, only complain on Talk Talk internal complaints like the rest of Talk Talk customers. If you post on here people will get to know about Talk Talk and won't give us their money.

Of course it is many years since I had anything to do with Talk Talk, so perhaps they are great nowadays.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HI All,

If anyone is experiencing sisues with your TalkTalk services please join and post on the TalkTalk Community (http://community.talktalk.co.uk) where an Online Community Executive cna provide you with advice on resolving your issues.

Regards

Mark
    TalkTalk

Bit difficult when you have no broadband. Yet more usless advice from TalkTalk. I complained for ages about throttling in the evening. It must be my computer that's causing the fault.

Transferred to BT and have 7mbs constantly and no throttling with the same computer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HI,

Cheers

Mark
    TalkTalk

Wonderful customer service. An email to the customer prior to disconnection should have happened.

TalkTalk don't give a shit though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind but the bill was less than forty quid and 17 of that was the internet. Hardly a massive bill. Good job I have TalkTalk as parental figure. How foolish of me not to know that talktalk can manage my finances better than me, a meer 38 year old.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind but the bill was less than forty quid and 17 of that was the internet. Hardly a massive bill. Good job I have TalkTalk as parental figure. How foolish of me not to know that talktalk can manage my finances better than me, a meer 38 year old.

HI Karapote monkey,

If you call the mobile teams they may be ablet o increase the credit limit for you if this isnt high enough for your needs.

The Credit limit is confirmed in the terms and conditions presented during the ordering process.

Cheers

Mark
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Another one here who gave up on Talk Talk. Their customer service was crap.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    teardrop77 wrote: »
    I had no wifi for a year with talk talk and my broadband kept dropping. After about 20 phone calls, I left and went with plusnet because the final insult was when a talk talk call centre worker said that my wifi had gone due to something I had done/changed. Theres no personal service, they talk to you like they are reading from a script and they really dont give the impression they care.

They wanted to charge me 50 pounds to send an engineer out, I couldnt afford it. I changed to plusnet, cheaper and I had wifi from the minute they connected me and their customer service is much better.

I'll never go back to them.

This is particularly true, You call them to tell them you have tried everything they told you to try before you call back, And they read the script and just won't let you explain you have been through it

No matter what the issue the script must be read to the end whether it helps or not. Very impersonal