American news reader being a complete d*ck about PSY

Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
Forum Member
My goodness:

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/11/political-commentator-bill-oreilly-insults-psys-gangnam-style

You wonder why America is stereotyped as arrogant and clueless, here's your answer.

Comments

• benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bill O Reilly being his usual self...again. Very popular with some sections of US society.

Have to say I cannot see the appeal of the vid. In fact its nonsense IMO:D
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I agree - the hysteria surrounding it is approaching lunacy. The clever buzz surrounding the song and its accompanying dance is the real reason for the ridiculous amount of views rather than any intrinsic artistic merit. That said, each to his/her own....
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    For a moment there I thought PSY was the new txt form of pussy and had a little gigle at the title :D
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Bill O'Reilly - constantly afraid of things he doesn't, or unwilling to, understand.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tfan26 wrote: »
    My goodness:

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/11/political-commentator-bill-oreilly-insults-psys-gangnam-style

You wonder why America is stereotyped as arrogant and clueless, here's your answer.

Bill Riley is made to be controversial as that is his trademark! You are a silly billy to believe that! :rolleyes:
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised Murdoch allows this fool to read the news on a channel that he owns. Unless, of course, he's just bothered about the attention this fella sets out to get.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,926
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Murdoch allows this fool to read the news on a channel that he owns. Unless, of course, he's just bothered about the attention this fella sets out to get.
    Bill O'Reilly isn't a news reader though. He's an opinion host/commentator or whatever they call it. He gives his opinions on news items and then discusses or argues points with guests. It's radio show stuff on TV and is very popular with right wingers like it is here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Bill O'Reilly isn't a news reader though. He's an opinion host/commentator or whatever they call it. He gives his opinions on news items and then discusses or argues points with guests. It's radio show stuff on TV and is very popular with right wingers like it is here.

I see what you mean. I thought it was strange for this fella to have been a newsreader and for Murdoch not to have gotten rid of him.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The guys politics are right of Ghengis Khan and is deliberately controversial. Its Fox news, what would you expext?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    The guys politics are right of Ghengis Khan and is deliberately controversial. Its Fox news, what would you expext?

Yep! It makes sense, considering Murdoch's an idiot anyway.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,926
    Forum Member
    I see what you mean. I thought it was strange for this fella to have been a newsreader and for Murdoch not to have gotten rid of him.
    Yeah, he couldn't be a regular news presenter like Shepard Smith. Fox News has a mix of regular news presenters/ reporters who've usually come from local TV news stations and commentators like O'Reilly and Glen Beck (who's leaving), who mouth off and argue with democrats and other nutty right wingers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Well I agree - the hysteria surrounding it is approaching lunacy. The clever buzz surrounding the song and its accompanying dance is the real reason for the ridiculous amount of views rather than any intrinsic artistic merit. That said, each to his/her own....

Its the Emperors New Clothes. Everyone knows the song/and vid is pap, but, like sheep (and not wanting to appear out of sync with the rest of the herd) folks go along with it. Similar applies to Godfather "yawnathon" films (albeit on a slightly higher level), folks (sheep) say they like it but they dont have a reason why.

Crap song, crap vid....very mildly amusing dance (for 5 seconds). Although Fox "news" and O'Reilly are a farce, he's on the money with this one (the casual North Korea reference aside). The Macarena fad was much more understandable as it had a catchy beat/dance.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    DC 17 wrote: »
    Its the Emperors New Clothes. Everyone knows the song/and vid is pap, but, like sheep (and not wanting to appear out of sync with the rest of the herd) folks go along with it. Similar applies to Godfather "yawnathon" films (albeit on a slightly higher level), folks (sheep) say they like it but they dont have a reason why.

Crap song, crap vid....very mildly amusing dance (for 5 seconds). Although Fox "news" and O'Reilly are a farce, he's on the money with this one (the casual North Korea reference aside). The Macarena fad was much more understandable as it had a catchy beat/dance.

Keeps being requested in my Zumba class even when I take it off the playlist!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yes, Gangnam Style is incredibly annoying but I'd rather hear that than O'Reilly's bilge.
    This is a man who thought that black people couldn't eat in a civilised manner until he went into a restaurant and didn't see them 'shouting and hollering, just eating normally'. :rolleyes: Pr!ck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    No bigger than the d*cks doing it and making total t*ts of themselves. Utter sheep.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree with everything you say but leave the Godfather out of it...or at least I & II.;) They are simply masterpieces - end of. For avoidance of doubt, read the book.:cool:
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Yeah, he couldn't be a regular news presenter like Shepard Smith. Fox News has a mix of regular news presenters/ reporters who've usually come from local TV news stations and commentators like O'Reilly and Glen Beck (who's leaving), who mouth off and argue with democrats and other nutty right wingers.

Beck left quite a while ago

As for Shep he is considered by a lot of people to be the most reasonable presenter on Fox
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    knew it was this fox comedy channel one ..... it wasn't o'reilly really ..... hehe ..... it was that IMBECILLE masquerading as a PHYcollogist that really pissed me off about it!!!!

he was babbling on an on about how bad it was, how it was like a drug, and other complete nonsense!

why i had to tone down the shouting, incase i woke anyone up ..... THE GUY WAS A JOKE!!!
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree with this.Pure shit.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Bill o'really is Fox's biggest rating winner. Fox was taken to court for lying but was cleared, it didn't break any laws. :)
    Shephard Smith is about the only reasonable one, the others have varying degrees of tourettes when it comes to anything Fox disagrees with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Bill O'Reilly - constantly afraid of things he doesn't, or unwilling to, understand.

Oh, for God's sake. What is there to understand? It's a catchy tune with a dance. Big deal.
    Forum Member

Bill O'Reilly, who I find insufferable, is nevertheless the most watched political commentator in America. At one time, he had TWO bestsellers simultaneously on the NY Times list for a period of about 6 months. He is definitely NOT just a newsreader. And he is also another big profit center for Rupert Murdoch.

Enjoy Gangnam style if you like. It's just another silly little teenage fad. We all had them. Happily most out grow them.
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Agree with everything you say but leave the Godfather out of it...or at least I & II.;) They are simply masterpieces - end of. For avoidance of doubt, read the book.:cool:

Agree about I&II. #3 is a yawn
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244800/Kill-f---g-Yankees-Gangnam-Style-pop-sensation-Psy-used-spew-anti-American-hate.html
    'Kill those f******g Yankees': Gangnam Style pop sensation Psy used to spew anti-American hate

When it came to Psy's turn he rapped about

'killing those f***ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives.

'Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers.

'Kill them all slowly and painfully.'

well well well ;)
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oooh aren't you unique. Must feel good to be better than the rest of us sheep. I bet you have a poster of Che Guevera on your wall, because you're just so original like that :cool: