Format changes - destined to fail?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's how I would do the show
    - Have it start in the beginning of October then you get Simon on board the panel since the live shows would start in the new year, here's the perfect table
    Weeks 1 - 6 Room Auditions - Same as before going to cities London, Manchster, Newcastle, Cardiff, Glasgow & Dublin, a good mix spread throughout the UK & Ireland

Weeks 7 - 10 Arena Auditions - Take place in the same location in London in front of a crowd smaller than previous but bigger than live shows, More strict, acts which don't intrest crowd much or get loud pop get rejected, ones who get 2 yes & 2 no go to the call back room where they may get put into groups or if very lucky advance on their own

Weeks 11 - 14 Bootcamp - This year the catorgries will have their own day however it will take place in front of an audience outside of the UK so Boys could be in Tokyo, Girls in Paris, Groups in New York & Olders in Sydney this would be to see how the world reacts to the acts since they want to try find a global superstar, all judges would be present at deciding acts

Weeks 15 Judges Houses - Same as Before, catorgries go to the judge's home/place in the city they were previously in like boys in Tokyo, they would tour round the city then go to the judge's home to look around then find out who their judge is

Weeks 16 - 26 Live Shows - Same as before, revamped stage set design, final in O2 Arena, would start in January & finish in March so Cowel can appear

Thoughts?
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    The only reasons that they got lower ratings last year:

1) Lack of Cowell and Cheryl - familiar faces which the Brit public know they'll love. There's nothing wrong with Gary and Nicole par se but they need time to build up fans. I'm sure lots of people will come back just for Scherzy but Gary really has to step up his game.
    2) Song Choices - all last year were pretty much new songs alienating the older fan base. Besides, it's more interesting to see what acts can do to older songs! James for instance made Let's Get It On and SOS feel current again.
    3) Lack of Talent - now I'm one of the people who actually thought that S9 was by far one of the most talented years with so much diversity, but I can see what some people are saying. If you're singing a club/dance classic, it's going to be harder to sing than something like a dreary old ballad with less of an electropop feel. Some renditions last year were incredibly pitchy. The group songs were all horrendous!
    4) Contestants going out at the wrong times...I think viewers were lost as soon as Rylan got through over more talented singers like Joseph Whelan and Adam Burridge. And then the live shows were even worse with the first four eliminations, eliminating some of the best talent. Carolynne, Mel and MK1 should have won their respective sing offs. Jade did extremely well in her sing off but UJ by that point had earned their place there over her but I can understand how her elimination could have annoyed people.
    5) It's the viewer manipulation which annoys most I think - eliminating good singers and keeping in the ones that cause the most controversy like Rylan. I don't actually mind this but I think since S6 with Jedward and then more profoundly S7 with Wagner this has single handedly been the most destructive factor to the XF campaign. They get interested initially but ticked off very soon after...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I doubt they would do well this. All they need is four judges (Simon/Louis, Dannii, Gary and Nicole) in intimate rooms for auditions, shown every Saturday and Sundat so we can see more acts. Then after auditions the judges get their categories and, with two helpers, they make acts go down to final 6. That would boost rating for the start of the series as the public will like seeing less live performances.

Change the presenter and give Louis the Boys or Girls and keep the rest of the format.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    The idea of the intimate auditions, is that the weak singers have nowhere to hide. The one thing they do need to change, is the cutting of 60-odd contestants at bootcamp before they've even sung, as we saw in the last two series which was beyond ridiculous.

I think as far as the auditions are concerned, they'll be running for the same period (6-7 weeks), but with the first few weeks focusing on the closed auditions, and the final few focusing on the arena auditions. The whole point of these is to show if they do indeed have any stage presence.

I liked in Xtra Factor in 2009 when you had the judges choosing from a list of callers, and you'd get at least one lunatic each week. :D I wish they'd go back to that, and make Xtra Factor as entertaining as the main show.

BIB - Agreed, not to mention cruel and pointless :( :mad: