Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 3)

Comments

• DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smurfle wrote: »
    Is that a wedding ring on her finger?

It does look like it , doesn't it? I wonder how old that picture is.

She really doesn't seem to understand vegan/vegetarian does she? Perhaps she only eats Mozeralla cheese from buffalo who have been paid a good wage for their excess milk , having been allowed to feed their young? Perhaps there is a 'milk bank' for animals to put their excess into for the benefit of LIz, so she never has to feel guilty.:rolleyes:
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a phrase they use a lot in Utah - "jack Mormon", that is, a Mormon when it suits. They'd understand Jones' concept of veganism.:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps she only eats Mozeralla cheese from buffalo who have been paid a good wage for their excess milk , having been allowed to feed their young?

& They probably have a good pension scheme ;)

Speaking of which, any further news about LJ's vegan-friendly non-calcium-producing happy cows? (Does anyone think there will ever be?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know - will there ? Will there ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does look like it , doesn't it? I wonder how old that picture is.

At least 17 months, possibly older.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Has anyone noticed that there is a sudden lack of "random celeb shows off her bikini body", "random celeb pours her curves (ie fat in DM speak) into an outfit much too small for her" "random celeb sheds baby weight 20 minutes after giving birth" articles on the right. This must be due to the sudden support for osteoporosis sufferers and that fact that it's ALL the fault of the nasty glossy magazines and nothing at all to do with mainstream media. Hey- they're even picking on men for a change.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2053351/Dancing-With-The-Stars-2011-David-Arquette-Chaz-Bono-torso-comparison.html

Although Chaz Bono was born a woman and is probably fair game.....
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    & They probably have a good pension scheme ;)

Speaking of which, any further news about LJ's vegan-friendly non-calcium-producing happy cows? (Does anyone think there will ever be?)

That feature reminded me of a scene in the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy where a restaurant, trying to appeal to animal lovers, brings our a talking cow who has been bred to actually want to be eaten. The cow points out different parts of its body and recommends 'choice cuts' to the horrified diners. The cow is suitably offended when everyone chooses the vegetarian option!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I suspect what Liz misses most about marriage is not having a piece of symbolic jewelry on the left ring finger, because it means that--horrors!--she's down one expensive piece of jewelry to show off. Or--remember how she claimed that Michael the dog was her boyfriend for a while? Maybe they got married. It sure isn't from the rock star, is it? She'd be demanding that all of Britain hang bunting out if she managed to get married again.

Do you think the rock star is going to appear again soon? Or is he simply gone? The holidays loom; surely she thinks she can get some mileage out of him not getting her gift right (a continuing theme, like the Osama bin Laden look-alike is continuing self-pity fodder). Speaking only for myself, if I had an imaginary boyfriend he would give me really good imaginary stuff in my fantasies. How sad is it that her imaginary boyfriend gets her an imaginary item that's pointless and that Hermes turns out to make only in her fantasies? Liz is a sick woman, there's no doubt about it, but a fantasy about getting a present I'd never desire and would be offended by . . . well, my fantasies tend to be a lot pleasanter than that.
  • CyanideCindyCyanideCindy Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    So - Jones Moans:

Liz says she paid her £8,300 Amex bill in full in April 2010.
    Yet in May 2010 she was telling us that she had no money and was close to suicide. She also told us she had received 4,100 emails offering her help - including offers of cash from pensioners.
    .....'how I felt close to suicide. The final straw had come at NatWest when Paula refused to let me withdraw £20 to get me through the next few days'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1278757/LIZ-JONES-To-4-100-answered-heart--thank-you.html

Or how about March 2010:
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cardsloans/article-1690060/Liz-Jones-Ive-come-clean-about-my-debts.html#ixzz1bvzJUnqv
    'Well, I have a £15,000 overdraft limit at NatWest and a £8,000 limit at Santander. I also owe £19,000, £10,000, £1,000 and £12,000 (please don't make me add them all up) on various credit cards, a £50,000 bank loan and a mortgage so huge I can't bring myself to write it down'

She can't even be bothered to look up her old articles to keep the story consistent.
    Once again - who on earth authorises Liz Jones' salary and renews her contract?
  • aligailaligail Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    So - Jones Moans:

Yet in May 2010 she was telling us that she had no money and was close to suicide.
    She can't even be bothered to look up her old articles to keep the story consistent.

She also says in today's Moans that she is "saddled with a huge, £1 million interest-only mortgage" . Whose fault is that? She was stupid enough to take it on !

The DM are no longer accepting comments after only 3 - spoilsports!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, she's got to be shagging the entire Wail subbing section for this kind of bilge to pass muster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's back to selling her house again. And yet I thought it was off the market now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was still off the market, as of five minutes ago. :cool:
    Forum Member
    She mentioned that she's received a cash offer for the house, for less than she paid for it - it was in last week's Diary, I think.

The Mail did not print my comment on Jones Moans, which said much the same as my previous comment on here. I wonder why not :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    You missed the obvious answer to the ring conundrum chaps - the pic has probably been flipped from left to right and so it's actually her right hand.

I've stopped reading the diary (in a pointless attempt at reducing the page views for it) - was it any errr... good?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is rude about Scarlett Johanssen's choice of clothes but fails to mention that Scarlet is on set and in character for her role as an alien who picks up men for sex. :rolleyes:
  • tania4stevetania4steve Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SinSeer wrote: »
    Having it cut into a shoulder length bob got rid of the split ends and gave her hair more volume.It was much more flattering than the elderly rock chick look she usually sports and I can't imagine anyone not thinking it a vast improvement. Likewise these new highlights. What I don't understand is how Boots Bitter Chocolate comes out as raven black on her naturally brown hair.:confused:

Oh dear, it really pains me to have to agree with LJ ... but at work today someone came in with almost black hair & said she hadn't wanted that colour. but that's what had happened when she used .... Boots Bitter Chocolate for the first time!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, it really pains me to have to agree with LJ ... but at work today someone came in with almost black hair & said she hadn't wanted that colour. but that's what had happened when she used .... Boots Bitter Chocolate for the first time!!
    Ah well at least she can now go to Liz's hair salon and have the colour removed.:p
    Forum Member
    'Anything for an article' Jones has no remaining credibility as a journalist.

Her fashion articles are pointless and certainly irrelevent to her target audience.

Most of her columns are blatantly contradictory - she makes no attempt at continuity.

She jumps on every bandwagon going and it's always all about 'me me me me'.

With regard to the recent osteoporosis article, has she been diagnosed with the condition or was she once again jumping on the latest bandwagon?

The Diary has switched from being a confessional column to nonsensical fiction with no explanation - are her readers honestly expected to believe the rubbish she writes?

I can only assume that the Mail is purposely publishing these poorly written and contradictory articles purely to generate hits to their website - there's no other explanation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    error
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So - Jones Moans:

Yet in May 2010 she was telling us that she had no money and was close to suicide. She also told us she had received 4,100 emails offering her help - including offers of cash from pensioners.
    .....'how I felt close to suicide. The final straw had come at NatWest when Paula refused to let me withdraw £20 to get me through the next few days'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1278757/LIZ-JONES-To-4-100-answered-heart--thank-you.html

Or how about March 2010: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cardsloans/article-1690060/Liz-Jones-Ive-come-clean-about-my-debts.html#ixzz1bvzJUnqv
    'Well, I have a £15,000 overdraft limit at NatWest and a £8,000 limit at Santander. I also owe £19,000, £10,000, £1,000 and £12,000 (please don't make me add them all up) on various credit cards, a £50,000 bank loan and a mortgage so huge I can't bring myself to write it down'

Just read
    this week's 'Moans' :eek:
    Well said, CyanideCindy.
    And how could we forget the 'Cava -vs- dog food' quandry (also May10), which pulled on the heartstrings of readers.

Hmmm.....
    We are no longer accepting comments on this article.

^Oh quelle *!*@!&*@* surprise.
    Just 3 comments have made it through (well done to CCMC for one of 'em).

If I were one of LJ's alleged donors (who in general appeared not to have £8300 ready cash at their disposal), I'd be asking for a sodding refund at the very least.

Diabolical. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Seriously, she's got to be shagging the entire Wail subbing section for this kind of bilge to pass muster.

Or maybe she's threatening to claim she's shagging one of the men and name him (would it be entirely unlike her?) if he doesn't pass any, yes, bilge is the word, that she happens to push at him.

I note that the current column claims she and her cat "survived" her divorce. I hate the verb used in this way, to indicate "she got over it, sort of" rather than "it defied the odds, but she beat death." I doubt she writes the captions, but after the hysterical fit she worked herself into because her sister MIGHT have brittle bones and she MIGHT develop them herself (but wouldn't take calcium), it's just the verb she'd use for "to go through an unpleasant passage of life that huge chunks of the adult population go through."
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ccmc wrote: »
    I note that the current column claims she and her cat "survived" her divorce. I hate the verb used in this way, to indicate "she got over it, sort of" rather than "it defied the odds, but she beat death." I doubt she writes the captions, but after the hysterical fit she worked herself into because her sister MIGHT have brittle bones and she MIGHT develop them herself (but wouldn't take calcium), it's just the verb she'd use for "to go through an unpleasant passage of life that huge chunks of the adult population go through."

I'm now pretty sure that the rehabilitation of Nirps is imminent. She didn't slag him off in this piece and he comes out of it with a saintly glow. After his name was favourably invoked in a previous You column I think the new mystery texter will turn out to be him. In this feature it says Liz 'is in a relationship' well it sure as hell isn't with a rock star. Oh, and that photo of her - truly frightening!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, credit where credit is due - at least she has remembered to say she is in a relationship. When she menstioned in a previous article she was single, we all pointed out in the inconsistancy.

And the fact she is holding this big cat, ignoring its human right not to be picked up and held....made me laugh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jones evidently knows as much about cats as she does about horses: if a cat doesn't want to be picked up, it won't let you. Fact. If it lets you cradle it like a baby, it's comfortable and trusts you.
This discussion has been closed.