Options

New 8th Doctor Costume?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.com/2010/10/new-eighth-doctor-costume-revealed.html

What...? Why has this come about? Anyone know why?

I like that someone has decided to move the 8th Doctor towards the 9th (especially with the TVM/NuWho Sonic), as if to imply that he never changed his look after regenerating before we pick up again with Rose, but why now?

Who's idea was this?

Comments

• Options
    tallordertallorder Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's for Big Finish promotional needs I'd imagine... for years they've had to rely on the same half dozen or so promotional shots from the TVM as reference, It makes sense to do something new...
  • Options
    Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say it appeals to me, glad I won't have to look at it again really. Don't think it suits him at all.
  • Options
    ducturductur Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't say it appeals to me, glad I won't have to look at it again really. Don't think it suits him at all.

I would have to agree. It's drab and uninspiring and not in keeping with The Doctor's flamboyant personality.

Strikes me it's a hastily thrown together costume, upheld by the fact that half of it is from McGann's own wardrobe !!!

D
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    So was Sylvester McCoy's hat, so what?

Does this mean the Eighth Doctor has finally cut his hair (i.e. no wig in the new promo shots)?
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Well rumours going around that the 8th Doctor, the least on shown on TV one was actually supposed to be one of the longest living ones between Regenerations, so a complete change of clothing and looks would make sense depending on the years, after all, 10 changed his hairstyle a few times!