Options

rip off bt

joan13joan13 Posts: 1,227
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I recieved my phone bill and have been charged for them to process my bill because i dont pay by direct debit i pay cash .The charge is £1.50p a month or £4.50 a quarter:mad: .

Comments

• Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    joan13 wrote: »
    I recieved my phone bill and have been charged for them to process my bill because i dont pay by direct debit i pay cash .The charge is £1.50p a month or £4.50 a quarter:mad: .
    You obviously have not realised that, for years, you've been paying £1 per month (£3 per quarter) more than those who paid by DD because you didn't qualify for the £1/month (£3/quarter) DD discount.

On May 1st, BT increased the cost of the BT Together Option 1 package (also known as 'the hour plan') by 50p/month - from £12/month to £12.50/month (about a 4% increase) - and also increased the 'DD discount' from £1/month (£3/quarter) to £1.50/month (£4.50/quarter).

So, you were paying £12/month and DD payers were paying £11/month.

Now, you are paying £12.50/month and DD payers are still paying £11/month.
  • Options
    TheFirstCutTheFirstCut Posts: 7,306
    Forum Member
    joan13 wrote: »
    I received my phone bill and have been charged for them to process my bill because i don't pay by direct debit i pay cash .The charge is £1.50p a month or £4.50 a quarter:mad: .

You're mad now because they have increased the fee by 50p, yet for years you have been happy to pay the £1 per month fee for not paying by DD?
  • Options
    steven3001steven3001 Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    actually they did not increase the line rental from £12 to £12.50

They reduced the line rental from £12 down to £11 a month from May this year

BT then brought out a non direct debit charge, which now appears as a seperate charge on the bill. The charge is £1.50 a month.

So it means if you dont pay with direct debit then you have had an increase of 50p a month but a reduction on your line rental

Maybe those people who complain about 50p should stop been so god damn tight and switch to Virgin instead if your unhappy.

Oh yeah they charge £5 a month by the way for not paying with DD thats £60 a year or £18 a year with BT
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    steven3001 wrote: »
    actually they did not increase the line rental from £12 to £12.50

They reduced the line rental from £12 down to £11 a month from May this year

BT then brought out a non direct debit charge, which now appears as a seperate charge on the bill. The charge is £1.50 a month.

So it means if you dont pay with direct debit then you have had an increase of 50p a month but a reduction on your line rental
    You are, of course, absolutely correct. I omitted one vital word and the second paragraph of my original post above should've read:
    On May 1st, BT effectively increased the cost of the BT Together Option 1 package (also known as 'the hour plan') by 50p/month - from £12/month to £12.50/month (about a 4% increase) - and also effectively increased the 'DD discount' from £1/month (£3/quarter) to £1.50/month (£4.50/quarter).