Heat - I give up...

1151617181921»

Comments

• SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny how all these magazines say 'The Official Big Brother magazine' as well - as if that is really going to make me want to buy it more. :rolleyes: :p
  • PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mmmmh, someone who works for Heat is posting on DS so I thought it would be a good time to BUMP this thread. Would be interesting to get their opinion on why the mag. is so obsessed with BB and all the other various issues that has put us all off buying it :confused:
  • Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    Mmmmh, someone who works for Heat is posting on DS so I thought it would be a good time to BUMP this thread. Would be interesting to get their opinion on why the mag. is so obsessed with BB and all the other various issues that has put us all off buying it :confused:

Many find they need something resilient to wipe the Klingons off, and BB clientele have the experience having pulled themselves out of a dark hole for public observation.

Absorbent mag, with zero rated slebs, appealing to the dross of society.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we have a special BB edition then, anyone glanced at the frontpage this morning :confused: I was in the news agents but forgot to look, but my predictions are:

BB, BB, and more BB
    Paris Hilton doing time
    Vicky Beckham
    Jordan & Pete
    Jade
    Celeb/zeleb bodies
    etcetera etcetera

:rolleyes:
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    Do we have a special BB edition then, anyone glanced at the frontpage this morning :confused: I was in the news agents but forgot to look, but my predictions are:

BB, BB, and more BB
    Paris Hilton doing time
    Vicky Beckham
    Jordan & Pete
    Jade
    Celeb/zeleb bodies
    etcetera etcetera

:rolleyes:

Whoa there Heat Magazine- don't go getting all cutting edge and different on us now!!! ;)
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My therapy has been going well - a few months ago I stopped buying Heat, now I don't even go as far as to see what is on the cover of each issue! :p

No doubt it'll be something to do with Big Brother, as it will be for the next three months. :yawn:
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    My therapy has been going well - a few months ago I stopped buying Heat, now I don't even go as far as to see what is on the cover of each issue! :p

No doubt it'll be something to do with Big Brother, as it will be for the next three months. :yawn:

Next three months- they had an interview with Nikki Graham in April!!! (I read a friends copy on a weekend away :o ).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darn, the Heat employee hasn't taken a look at the this thread :(
    Forum Member
    Ah but you don't know that---

Next week's Heat:-
    Global warming- how it affects your handbag purchases.
    Gordon Brown discusses his new clothing range for Primark.
    Celebs actually come in all shapes and sizes and that is absolutely fine so we won't be showing any pictures of them in bikinis.
    David and Victoria who??
    Big Brother- sorry we won't be watching this year so here's an interview with Nelson Mandela instead.
    How YOU can save on your gas and electricity prices.
    Use our pattern and knit yourself a Stella McCartney outfit while not watching Big Brother.
    :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heat is there and still exists because people do actually want to read about this thing. Sad as that may be. They keep the likes of Goody, Grahame et al in the spotlight which to be honest the world could do without.

Especially during the furore of CBB. Yes we know that Goody, O'Meara and LLoyd were wrong, but they appeal more to the readers of the magazine than Shilpa, so if they want to sell copies, they will give them space and time to explain what they did and follow them up afterwards.

I have to admit that when it first came out and was treated as a unisex magazine I bought it, obviously now its aimed at women as Nuts is aimed at men I dont. I stopped reading the likes of Nuts and Zoo 2 years ago through big brother overkill as well. Dont think its just the womens magazines that do this.
  • lizzih1974lizzih1974 Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »

I am at the next level of therapy after briefly falling off the wagon in March this year: I now no longer associate Tuesdays with Heat and today I went to Tescos and it never crossed my mind to take a sneaky peak, I'm cured, I'm cured...

But then what about the reviews and the TV Guide and Spotted..must stay strong...must resist...
    Forum Member
    I'm a tad confused (doesn't take much)- Heat claims to the "the Official Big Brother Magazine", Now claims to be "The Official Big Brother Magazine", Star claims to be "The Official Big Brother Magazine". ??????:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will check to see what 'Look' says as it did carry a BB article or three
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought it for the first time in ages on Sunday, as I wanted something silly to read whilst waiting for my food in the pub. I got through it in exactly 12 minutes, and that's including the extra little Big Brother magazine inside it.

:(