Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of sensational stories I'm glad Corry dropped a planned story a few years back of simon being sexually molested by a female baby sitter. Some things are best left well alone, they ditched is as it would be tricky to film without causing any distress to Alex as he was quite young then. Not that it bothered the makers of the current drama about the Wests

We don't need all this outrageous stuff to keep watching, the fate of brookside should be a warning to the soap writers not to get too silly with it, like the brookside killer virus
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    Talking of sensational stories I'm glad Corry dropped a planned story a few years back of simon being sexually molested by a female baby sitter. Some things are best left well alone, they ditched is as it would be tricky to film without causing any distress to Alex as he was quite young then. Not that it bothered the makers of the current drama about the Wests

We don't need all this outrageous stuff to keep watching, the fate of brookside should be a warning to the soap writers not to get too silly with it, like the brookside killer virus

Serious? That had to of been a false rumour I doubt they would do a story like that. I am glad as the female babysitter would have to be portrayed as a tragic figure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serious? That had to of been a false rumour I doubt they would do a story like that. I am glad as the female babysitter would have to be portrayed as a tragic figure.

I think it was, can't remember where I read it as it was years ago well since 2008 obviously, but too much for corry. It was ikky enough when Anna had to sleep with phelan
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Parents evenings don't happen this early on in the school year.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    My school's parent evenings alternated depending on what year group you were in. Faye must have received her progress report for the term, but don't schools just send them by post or mail?

Anyway the real SOR is Faye comes back home in broad daylight. In the autumn.
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    It was this thread's 5th Birthday on 3rd November!!!

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1155312

After my first response was "Calm down, dear, it's only television.", who'd have thought we'd be still going strong now - and more entertaining than the programme itself!
    Happy belated birthday! :p
  • nicolab23nicolab23 Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    MrJames wrote: »

They do here. We had ours before half term
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,855
    Forum Member

Ridiculously, they do at some schools.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB: I really don't mind about minor SORs, such as everyone eating in the café and drinking in the pub, often whilst pleading poverty. I just accept it as par for the course in soaps, in order to bring people together. What does annoy me though, is the way they play fast and loose with legal matters.

As Corrie has worsened over the years, those things have become minor issues but we still mention them! Tonight the timings seemed all over the place. That happens a lot in Corrie. I think the same Corrie SORs happen so often that eventually they seem commonplace and quite normal!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I have your autograph?

It's available on eBay! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    "X"

(You won't sell it on eBay, will you?) :D
    I already have a buyer lined up.

That'll teach to read all the posts. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't mind if the factory closed down and clean out most of the annoying pointless factory workers. How many more riveting plots of meetings not going right, the factory being closed down for an episode or Sally gets her 100th promotion as PA can they churn out?

And it does get pretty silly that every time a female character comes onto the show they must get a job at the factory
    (Alya will be working there soon I believe).

BIB And have the boss - from Baldwin to Carla bellow: RIGHT, GET BACK TO WORK YOU LOT?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Referring to Deirdre's absence let's not forget that Anne kirkbride was also supporting bill roach during his trial
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    They can do. My first parents evening at secondary school was in November( I doubt it would be first week back from half term).
    Who had Joseph tonight. Chesney didn't have them but Katy was out with Paramedic and I didn't see him with Anya and Owen. Gary must have Jake's at Izzy's house. In fact do the writers ever think of Childcare when writing plots.
    Do the police always turn up at the door for being taken to hospital. Wouldn't they phone.
    Nick and Todd were quite civil to one another tonight. I thought they still hated one another.
    What time did Ken get a phone call from his solicitor telling him of Peter's release. It was dark so it was gone five and everyone had finished work so it was probably gone 6. Would a court system still be working that late.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    They can do. My first parents evening at secondary school was in November( I doubt it would be first week back from half term).
    Who had Joseph tonight. Chesney didn't have them but Katy was out with Paramedic and I didn't see him with Anya and Owen. Gary must have Jake's at Izzy's house. In fact do the writers ever think of Childcare when writing plots.
    Do the police always turn up at the door for being taken to hospital. Wouldn't they phone.
    Nick and Todd were quite civil to one another tonight. I thought they still hated one another.
    What time did Ken get a phone call from his solicitor telling him of Peter's release. It was dark so it was gone five and everyone had finished work so it was probably gone 6. Would a court system still be working that late.

You would have thought logically that Ches and Sinead would take Joseph round to Tyrone's and put him to bed with Ruby and Hope while they eat, but when Sinead said "Can we take some back for Joseph?" to Cilla, it sounds like someone else (Emily?) had him.

BIB: It was tense between them.. Nick was quite sarcastic about Todd turning up early to 'make sure everything looks alright' and Todd didn't bother saying please or thank you to Nick about the wine, which Nick looked irritated by. :)

Also, Ken's reaction to Peter's 'quick' release from prison, as if he should have been released the second Rob was caught. :confused: Ignoring the fact that they'd need to probably take Rob to court first over his charges (assuming they have enough evidence and he admits to it) and surely a court would need to be convinced of Peter's new-found innocence after everything with Rob, in order to be released?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Carla and Michelle were matching again tonight by both wearing off the left shoulder jumpers. Although Carla's jumper got pulled up. Unlike the fabulous Michelle. Her jumper remained off the shoulder displaying one of her classy tattoos! I thought Rob said Carla was the rough girl!
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Depends which school you attend.
    My kids had 3.
    End of October, end of Feb and end of school year.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David1964 wrote: »
    That's an excellent point but why would the script writers let a previous story line get in the way of what they have dreamt up for character this week? :D

PS I wonder if Tims illiteracy story line will be resurrected when things calm down in the Barlow household?
    It seems like we are already putting up with the scriptwriters illiteracy without having to put up with "Nice But Tim's" own illiteracy into the bargain.

Has Coronation Street ever been more superficial in its storylines than it is nowadays? :(
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fayemian wrote: »
    Well quite, there must be no end of crap at the bottom of a canal. How the hell would they know which piece of it was the murder weapon? :confused:
    You are forgetting that these are Weatherfield police!
    The elite police force!

Our local river was dredged some years ago and amongst so much detritus that was removed and piled on the bank were plenty of pipe shaped looking objects.

Send the elite of Weatherfield Police to the Southern Indian Ocean at once. They'll have found missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 before the end of the weekend.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    This is a really over the top, never would happen scenario but this is a soap so here i go.

The jury convicted peter, based on no real evidence (the evidence was all easily explained but nobody listened). Now rob is the killer, presumably once he is sentenced then peter will be released. What if then someone else came forward and admitted they killed tina? Could this cycle continue forever?

Would carlas admission to the police really be taken seriously? Wouldnt she just be seen as someone trying to get her husband out of jail? Surely if rob denied it then he would be let off because as far as the police are concerned all the evidence pointed to peter and they have nothing on rob.

Even if they found the weapon it probably wouldnt have robs dna on it by now. Rob told carla after they had been drinking so surely he couldve been larking about or she couldve misheard. Would that stand up in court someone drunk confessing to a murder that had already been solved?
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They do. These days they happen 3 times a year. Every two terms if there are6 terms a year. Things have changed since my day:o. My parents very rarely attended Parents Evening.
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    This is a really over the top, never would happen scenario but this is a soap so here i go.

The jury convicted peter, based on no real evidence (the evidence was all easily explained but nobody listened). Now rob is the killer, presumably once he is sentenced then peter will be released. What if then someone else came forward and admitted they killed tina? Could this cycle continue forever?

Would carlas admission to the police really be taken seriously? Wouldnt she just be seen as someone trying to get her husband out of jail? Surely if rob denied it then he would be let off because as far as the police are concerned all the evidence pointed to peter and they have nothing on rob.

Even if they found the weapon it probably wouldnt have robs dna on it by now. Rob told carla after they had been drinking so surely he couldve been larking about or she couldve misheard. Would that stand up in court someone drunk confessing to a murder that had already been solved?
    Rob will probably plead guilty so we don't have to see a trial.
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    You would have thought logically that Ches and Sinead would take Joseph round to Tyrone's and put him to bed with Ruby and Hope while they eat, but when Sinead said "Can we take some back for Joseph?" to Cilla, it sounds like someone else (Emily?) had him.

BIB: It was tense between them.. Nick was quite sarcastic about Todd turning up early to 'make sure everything looks alright' and Todd didn't bother saying please or thank you to Nick about the wine, which Nick looked irritated by. :)

Also, Ken's reaction to Peter's 'quick' release from prison, as if he should have been released the second Rob was caught. :confused: Ignoring the fact that they'd need to probably take Rob to court first over his charges (assuming they have enough evidence and he admits to it) and surely a court would need to be convinced of Peter's new-found innocence after everything with Rob, in order to be released?
    Fiz was released on Bail after John Stape confessed. It was a few weeks later when she mentioned her conviction had been quashed. Perhaps the same is happening to Peter, released on Bail until the formal quashing of the conviction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    Fiz was released on Bail after John Stape confessed. It was a few weeks later when she mentioned her conviction had been quashed. Perhaps the same is happening to Peter, released on Bail until the formal quashing of the conviction.

Daft we don't get to see robs trial, all the hype and miscarriage of justice with peter yet we don't see the real trial of the real killer

Whole story was daft as Tina should have been killed just falling off the balcony
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bearing in mind todd kissed nick a decade back, before nick regenerated, you wouldn't think nick would want him anywhere near him, let alone his custom, and who was the sixth person he'd booked for, himself, Jason, Eva, Sean and Eileen makes five

Daft cilla staying at number five when it's over crowded for a two bed house, where does craig sleep? why writers in any soap can't write within in the confines of the houses characters live in I don't know, cilla could sleep in the front room of number nine

AND I'VE BAGGED THE TEN THOUSANDTH POST! :p
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    Bearing in mind todd kissed nick a decade back, before nick regenerated, you'd think nick would want his custom

And I bagged the ten thousandth post :p

:cool::cool::cool:
This discussion has been closed.