Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eagle9a wrote: »
    Unfortunately true, both sad losses

its very sad
  • steves lasssteves lass Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    are you for real?

What do you mean, am I for real? I don't post often but I am not in the habit of making things up for effect! Try watching the news or reading a newspaper!
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trigger
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Trigger

Forgot about him. Poor Roger.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    The saddest one for me was a poster on here who I had come to know away from DS over the years and considered a friend. Was a great shock as I had only been talking to her on FB a night or so before. :(

Out of celebs Robin Williams was the one that touched me the most.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The saddest one for me was a poster on here who I had come to know away from DS over the years and considered a friend. Was a great shock as I had only been talking to her on FB a night or so before. :(

Out of celebs Robin Williams was the one that touched me the most.

There was one similar for me, a poster on a different forum who I still spoke to on Twitter despite no longer being part of the forum. I somehow managed to miss hearing about her death when she died but was left reeling from shock when I heard a week later, honestly thought I'd misread.

Similarly a friend's partner was knocked down while cycling and tragically killed and when I heard I couldn't quite process the news.
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eli Wallach
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not celebrity in the same way as others but I was upset about the deaths of Oscar Knox and Stephen Sutton.

Oscars death was so sad, such a brave little boy
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And also, though not a celebrity a poster on this Forum called Arthur.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    There was one similar for me, a poster on a different forum who I still spoke to on Twitter despite no longer being part of the forum. I somehow managed to miss hearing about her death when she died but was left reeling from shock when I heard a week later, honestly thought I'd misread.

Similarly a friend's partner was knocked down while cycling and tragically killed and when I heard I couldn't quite process the news.

Sorry to hear that. 2014 has been pretty bad for deaths associated with people personally known to me. A handful have lot parents this year and as I have already been through that once myself have ended up supporting them through it, which I do willingly because they are my friends. One friend lost both her parents to cancer within about 6 weeks of each other which was just awful. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear that. 2014 has been pretty bad for deaths associated with people personally known to me. A handful have lot parents this year and as I have already been through that once myself have ended up supporting them through it, which I do willingly because they are my friends. One friend lost both her parents to cancer within about 6 weeks of each other which was just awful. :(

Thankfully after a horrendous 2011 and 2012 we seem to have gotten off fairly lightly this year.

The friend's partner had me honestly reeling though. I was on holiday and happened to see a message on a Facebook page offering condolences to the family of a cyclist tragically killed, then scrolling further down and seeing messages to this girl offering sympathy. He's left behind 2 children under 2.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rik Mayall saddened me the most - probably the first major celeb death from my era, whom I truly admired and followed throughout his career
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Dad died three weeks ago. But of course I'm more upset about the celebrities we've lost.
    Sorry about your Dad,

I had two brothers die suddenly within two months of each other this year. Yes I am more upset about them than people not known to me personally but I can still be sad about the celebs that I knew in the sense of enjoying their performances and feel sympathy for their families.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean, am I for real? I don't post often but I am not in the habit of making things up for effect! Try watching the news or reading a newspaper!
    The question arises, what are you really angry about?..... get over yourself >:(
    Forum Member
    The question arises, what are you really angry about?..... get over yourself >:(

I get p****d off when posts are poo-poohed by people who disbelieve things I have posted! I am not up myself, I am one of the most laid-back people you could meet! See my posts on other threads.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Bob Hoskins :(

Yes that was sad as was Philip Seymour Hoffman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get p****d off when posts are poo-poohed by people who disbelieve things I have posted! I am not up myself, I am one of the most laid-back people you could meet! See my posts on other threads.

i said are you for real as a term of being shocked i could well have used ''oh my god really'' or ''my god your joking'' but i used ''are you for real'' and then you got all arsey and turned it on its head as if it was a dig at you personally >:(
    Forum Member
    i said are you for real as a term of being shocked i could well have used ''oh my god really'' or ''my god your joking'' but i used ''are you for real'' and then you got all arsey and turned it on its head as if it was a dig at you personally >:([/QUOTE)

I apolosise for any misundestanding, I am an old lady & your comment was taken out of context! Please forgive me for any misunderstanding! I am an old fart! Mea culpa!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes i apologize too for my tone :)
    Forum Member
    yes i apologize too for my tone :)

That's alright then. I would hate to fall out with anybody over a stupid post on DS
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's alright then. I would hate to fall out with anybody over a stupid post on DS

exactly :D
    Forum Member
    exactly :D

There are loads more ideas & opinions I could take issue with all over the DS forums but I button my lip (or freeze my thumb)! "Are you for real?" Has taken it's place in comments I should have risen above or not have taken too seriously in the first place. Merry Christmas (or Happy Holiday if you prefer)