Issues with Yahoo Emails....

SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
Forum Member
I've recently been experiencing delays sending and receiving Yahoo emails..This seems to have started when Yahoo started allowing adverts to appear at the top of my mail replies page. I then used ad blocker to stop the adverts appearing..

I haven't changed anything that I'm aware of in my Yahoo email settings. I've sent an email to myself and this seemed to go into my mail box reasonably quickly. I just don't seem to be receiving the replies to emails I'm expecting from others. Previously, replies and general emails were regularly appearing. Now it just seems very quiet with rarely any replies to emails appearing? Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »
    I've recently been experiencing delays sending and receiving Yahoo emails..This seems to have started when Yahoo started allowing adverts to appear at the top of my mail replies page. I then used ad blocker to stop the adverts appearing..

I haven't changed anything that I'm aware of in my Yahoo email settings. I've sent an email to myself and this seemed to go into my mail box reasonably quickly. I just don't seem to be receiving the replies to emails I'm expecting from others. Previously, replies and general emails were regularly appearing. Now it just seems very quiet with rarely any replies to emails appearing? Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Have they definitely replied? You say you sent yourself one and it worked quick so it may be that people have yet to reply
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My yahoo mail app for my Android has been incredibly slow for a few weeks. Only 1 in 5 emails are coming through, but the actual web version is running fine.
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    Have they definitely replied? You say you sent yourself one and it worked quick so it may be that people have yet to reply

I've been sending out emails for days and nothing is coming back by way of reply. Some spam emails are coming in. I've sent out requests for items I've seen on Gumtree for example and again no replies. No bounce back emails are being received and I suspect my emails are being delivered but very late?
  • maggie thecatmaggie thecat Posts: 2,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to reviews on Google play the last update was a disaster. If you updated your software recently, that might be why you're having issues now.
    Forum Member
    According to reviews on Google play the last update was a disaster. If you updated your software recently, that might be why you're having issues now.

I think this was people with a particular browser. My browser is Internet Explorer.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this was people with a particular browser. My browser is Internet Explorer.

More likely an Android Smartphone app as Google Play was mentioned. So not really relevant to a PC issue.

Anyway. You said in the OP you had sent an e-mail to yourself. Was this from your Yahoo account to your Yahoo account? If it was that might not be a representative test. Ideally you would want to send it to a separate account with a different provider.

That way the message will travel outside Yahoo's systems. If you don't have a separate account might be worth signing up to something like GMail for free and see what happens if you try sending to and from that.
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    More likely an Android Smartphone app as Google Play was mentioned. So not really relevant to a PC issue.

Anyway. You said in the OP you had sent an e-mail to yourself. Was this from your Yahoo account to your Yahoo account? If it was that might not be a representative test. Ideally you would want to send it to a separate account with a different provider.

That way the message will travel outside Yahoo's systems. If you don't have a separate account might be worth signing up to something like GMail for free and see what happens if you try sending to and from that.

Thanks for that - I'll try those suggestions. I suspect my emails are reaching the recipient but quite a time after the email was sent.
  • urbancoyoteurbancoyote Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    My Yahoo mail has always been slow. Its not my main email address though. so it doesnt bother me that much
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that - I'll try those suggestions. I suspect my emails are reaching the recipient but quite a time after the email was sent.

I tried sending to googlemail from my yahoo email Took around 3 minutes each way so not sure what to make of it? I'm still not receiving replies to many emails I'm sending..........
  • SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The app is definitely playing up. It didn't save a really long email into drafts folder for me today. It has an outbox on the app but not the desktop version. I wish I hadn't done the app update as it was fine before.