Options

Only the Doctor can pilot the Taris so why did...

zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
Forum Member
Just finished watching the last episode and I heard someone say only the Doctor can pilot the Tardis.

But yet River song was piloting the Tardis.

Have i missed something?

Comments

• Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those enemies believed only the Doctor could fly it. She did say the Doctor taught her. Even Donna was flying it a bit - ok she made a dent in the 1980s :p
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Yep, the Daleks and others thought that the good Dr. was the only one left in the universe that could pilot the TARDIS, so by taking him out, they thought they would be stopping the TARDIS from causing the universe to shatter.

They hadn't really thought it through in other words. What if leaving the TARDIS unattended is what triggered the incident?
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A number of people other than the Doctor have been shown to be able to pilot the TARDIS over the years-even Leela, who was supposedly a primitive, was able to pilot it to Titan while the Doctor was unconscious in The Invisible Enemy back in 1978. The Alliance got their facts wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They hadn't really thought it through in other words. What if leaving the TARDIS unattended is what triggered the incident?

If only the Daleks had watched FlashForward they'd have known that by trying to avoid their fate they just rush head first into it ....
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    zexstream wrote: »
    Just finished watching the last episode and I heard someone say only the Doctor can pilot the Tardis.

But yet River song was piloting the Tardis.

Have i missed something?

My belief is that whatever is behind the TARDIS exploding manipulated the scenario - therefore, the baddie who did it only made the Alliance believe this to be the case.

We, on the other hand, have seen all of the NuWho companions pilot the TARDIS - except Jackie and Adam, if they count as companions...

So we already knew this to be an untruth.
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But we still don't know who River Song really is / was / will be.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    My belief is that whatever is behind the TARDIS exploding manipulated the scenario - therefore, the baddie who did it only made the Alliance believe this to be the case.

We, on the other hand, have seen all of the NuWho companions pilot the TARDIS - except Jackie and Adam, if they count as companions...

We've seen that - but I'm willing to believe that the Doctor's archenemies haven't got a clue. Underestimating those wily humans, as always...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I *did* wonder why the Doctor didn't just say "um, wrong..." when they said that he was the only person capable of flying the TARDIS, but I guess that wouldn't've created such an interesting dramatic scenario. ;)
  • Options
    *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    Ja88ed wrote: »
    If only the Daleks had watched FlashForward they'd have known that by trying to avoid their fate they just rush head first into it ....

I wish they had of done, it might have pushed the viewing figures up a bit and saved an excellent program - intergalactic/interdimensional viewing must count for something in the ratings :D
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »

Jackie doesn't count (stowaway who was only there to set up Rose's exit plot), Adam does (actually went to another time period, before getting sent home by the Doctor for getting future technology implanted into his forehead!).
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er00 wrote: »
    I *did* wonder why the Doctor didn't just say "um, wrong..." when they said that he was the only person capable of flying the TARDIS, but I guess that wouldn't've created such an interesting dramatic scenario. ;)

but he did tell them they were wrong, they just wouldn't listen to him. :confused: