Options

oooohhh Rose 'HATES' Sarah Jane

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grocerjack wrote:
    Just a small thought. One that i've mentioned on Outpost Gallifrey. I wonder if Rose's experience with the Time vortex in POTW has perhaps transformed her on a cellular level, so unbeknownst to her and the doctor she is now a time lord as well, and when Billie decides to leave then Rose herself goes through a regeneration, much to the shock of the Doctor.

In one foul swoop you have the issue of the Doctor's isolationary existence solved, they could have a kid to continue the Time Lord chainplus you get some continuity with the assistant. Anyone wanna bet that RTD might be thinking along those lines?

Very interesting theory you put forward there. Rose the saviour of the Time Lord race. Not sure about them having a kid together though as that would mean taking their relationship to another level which I don't think many would be keen to see.

If Rose were to meet someone else then all things are possible though we would need a new Gallifrey to go with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    "When Rose meets Sarah Jane, she just hates her, she HATES her and i would frankly, i hate meeting ex girlfriends/timetravellers. ... You know its all very scary for Rose but then Sarah Jane is equally as jealous and they are both...yeah there is some serious bitch fighting in there"

This sounds ABSOLUTELY appalling. I hope they don't go down this road. It's not Sarah Jane's character at all (don't know Rose's, haven't seen new Who).

I can see SJS being miffed at THE DOC for dumping her all those years ago, but I don't see her being jealous of Rose.

This makes me almost dread this eppie as much as those other rumours of SJS being in an insane asylum did!

hrh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,547
    Forum Member
    hrh37 wrote:
    This sounds ABSOLUTELY appalling. I hope they don't go down this road. It's not Sarah Jane's character at all (don't know Rose's, haven't seen new Who).

I can see SJS being miffed at THE DOC for dumping her all those years ago, but I don't see her being jealous of Rose.

This makes me almost dread this eppie as much as those other rumours of SJS being in an insane asylum did!

hrh

Well it's a bit unfair to judge this if you haven't seen any of the new series and you're going by a comment from Billie Piper in a documentary. Why not wait and see what it's like (although it would be a bit odd coming straight into new Who by watching this episode).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he sure seems to have a thing for teenage girls ;)
    Jamie McCrimmon, Adric, Turlough, methinks he's not too fussy... :p
    (babie timelord ? :p )
    Maybe as an adult he comes back to his birth and delivers himself, and nobody is suspicious until they realise that he's reluctant to touch the baby... ;)
    Wasn't Who VIII a human/timelord hybrid
    No.

As Worf once said when the DS9 crew were confronted with Klingons during the great Cornish Pastie shortage of 2263...

"We don't like to talk about it."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    grocerjack wrote:
    Just a small thought. One that i've mentioned on Outpost Gallifrey. I wonder if Rose's experience with the Time vortex in POTW has perhaps transformed her on a cellular level, so unbeknownst to her and the doctor she is now a time lord as well, and when Billie decides to leave then Rose herself goes through a regeneration, much to the shock of the Doctor.

In one foul swoop you have the issue of the Doctor's isolationary existence solved, they could have a kid to continue the Time Lord chainplus you get some continuity with the assistant. Anyone wanna bet that RTD might be thinking along those lines?
    I wonder what kind of reception you got on OG for proposing that theory? :D

Personally, I like the idea that the vortex has altered Rose - although I agree with BG that the idea of the Doctor and Rose having a child doesn't appeal (at least, not to me.)

Apart from that, the timelords are created using genetic looms (Lungbarrow) according to the books - not sure how relevant that is but the novels were sanctioned by the BBC.

I prefer the idea that the vortex has changed Rose so that she has a long life - very long, by human standards - as a side effect. But the idea that it has given her the ability to regenerate is an interesting one. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    I wonder what kind of reception you got on OG for proposing that theory? :D

Personally, I like the idea that the vortex has altered Rose - although I agree with BG that the idea of the Doctor and Rose having a child doesn't appeal (at least, not to me.)

Apart from that, the timelords are created using genetic looms (Lungbarrow) according to the books - not sure how relevant that is but the novels were sanctioned by the BBC.

I prefer the idea that the vortex has changed Rose so that she has a long life - very long, by human standards - as a side effect. But the idea that it has given her the ability to regenerate is an interesting one. :)

I am still of the firm belief that The Doctor is NOT the last of the Time Lords.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am still of the firm belief that The Doctor is NOT the last of the Time Lords.
    Me too.

But I like the idea that exposure to the vortex has extended Rose's life. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    Me too.

But I like the idea that exposure to the vortex has extended Rose's life. :)

Could we be in for another 'regeneration' by the end of the series then? Keep the character but change the face! On the minus side though it would still mean having to endure Mickey and Jackie. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could we be in for another 'regeneration' by the end of the series then? Keep the character but change the face! On the minus side though it would still mean having to endure Mickey and Jackie. ;)
    I'm willing to think not.

I fancy a scene where the Doctor shows Rose a glimpse of her own future - or at least mentions it. She's ancient, in perfect health and surrounded by great-grandchildren with the possibility of more.

Maybe RTD's thankyou to "Rose's" contribution to the programme. And a possible way of bringing her back in decades to come, much like he has done with ES. :)

However it happens, I would say that Rose's departure will be very touching. ;)
  • Options
    agulebaguleb Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    i dont know if rose hated sarah jane

but i HATED k9
    and am not looking forward to seeing the mechanical mutt !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    1. I prefer the idea that the vortex has changed Rose so that she has a long life - very long, by human standards - as a side effect. 2. But the idea that it has given her the ability to regenerate is an interesting one. :)
    1. Time travel changed Rose's DNA anyway, enough for the Dalek in Ep6 to regenerate when she touched it.

2. It wouldn't be the first time two Time Lords have inhabited the TARDIS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1. Time travel changed Rose's DNA anyway, enough for the Dalek in Ep6 to regenerate when she touched it.

2. It wouldn't be the first time two Time Lords have inhabited the TARDIS.
    2. Erm.. yes, I know.

But I don't understand the point you're making.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too BG - 100%.

I've posted elsewhere, but I really would not be surprised if we found out that Rose did a lot more whilst possessed by the vortex than we saw on screen. If she can wipe out one species, why can't she restore another? We saw that she had the power to restore life with Captain Jack.

I may be completely wrong of course... :)

Anyway back to topic - I don't see why it'd be so unrealistic to expect SJS to be jealous of Rose. Let's not forget that SJS never wanted to leave The Doctor in the first place - and we don't know anything about how her life has panned out in the last twenty years. She could be having a rough old time of it. Rose is experiencing now what Sarah never wanted to end...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimboc wrote:
    Me too BG - 100%.

I've posted elsewhere, but I really would not be surprised if we found out that Rose did a lot more whilst possessed by the vortex than we saw on screen. If she can wipe out one species, why can't she restore another? We saw that she had the power to restore life with Captain Jack.

I may be completely wrong of course... :)

Anyway back to topic - I don't see why it'd be so unrealistic to expect SJS to be jealous of Rose. Let's not forget that SJS never wanted to leave The Doctor in the first place - and we don't know anything about how her life has panned out in the last twenty years. She could be having a rough old time of it. Rose is experiencing now what Sarah never wanted to end...

So do you think the sparks might fly more from SJS than Rose?

Rose could well have done what you suggested regarding the Time Lords/Gallifrey but I always thought the Doctor was assuming way too much when he made that claim..after all he thought he had destroyed the Daleks and they turned up after falling through time.

It would be interesting to see the Time Lords start from scratch and perhaps not have all the powers as they did before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So do you think the sparks might fly more from SJS than Rose?
    I think she'll have a few choice words to say about his inability to pilot the tardis accurately. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    I think she'll have a few choice words to say about his inability to pilot the tardis accurately. :D

Perhaps after her encounter with SJS it might alter the dynamic between The Doctor and Rose. Not suggesting that the love or bond won't be there any more but once Rose realises and accepts that she is the latest in a long line of companions she might keep certain feelings in check.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    I don't understand the point you're making.
    Point? No point, apart from it not setting a precedent, or being an original idea, that's all. No more than that, I was just mentioning it.
    How do we know Rose wasn't driving? You know what women drivers are like trying to park! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Point? No point, apart from it not setting a precedent, or being an original idea, that's all. No more than that, I was just mentioning it.

How do we know Rose wasn't driving? You know what women drivers are like trying to park! :D:D
    Fair enough. :)

I was referring to Sarah-Jane having a few choice words to say to the Doctor after dropping her nowhere near South Croydon. He does seem a little better at piloting the tardis these days ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps after her encounter with SJS it might alter the dynamic between The Doctor and Rose. Not suggesting that the love or bond won't be there any more but once Rose realises and accepts that she is the latest in a long line of companions she might keep certain feelings in check.
    Did she ask the Doctor to kiss her? :D

On a serious note, yes - I agree that it might give her a bit of perspective.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    SJS didn't seem to mind the plethera of beauties the Doc had with him in the 5 doctors.

and he obviously likes her best, men don't give dogs to just anybody.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think she hates her, so much as envies her.

After all, Rose will never be half the assistant Sarah was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think she hates her, so much as envies her.

After all, Rose will never be half the assistant Sarah was.
    I think she might be, to a whole new generation of viewers.

I would imagine quite a few members of the new audience will feel the same about Billie's replacement when she decides to leave. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    ajp62 wrote:
    why should rose hate/dislike sarah jane ?

:confused:
    Or indeed, why not. Couldn't bear her myself the first time round. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    Are you saying the Doctor's a tart? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you saying the Doctor's a tart? ;)

As if I would! ;)

Rose seems to flirt quite a lot though...The Doctor, Mickey, Adam and Capt Jack. :)