Options

Pay Per View viewing figures

2»

Comments

• Options
    CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be honest the adverts don't bother me or most people. We'd be talking with people we are with anyway during the breaks!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    To my mind, Sky Sports is already a very expensive Pay-Per-View channel. It seems ludicrous and greedy to charge us again for the pleasure of watching other sports, when we're already choosing to pay for their 6 channels.

Out of principal, I simply wouldn't buy it. I can't believe there are many UK fans who buy the WWE PPVs. Surely sport should be as accessible as possible. Boxing especially has had some horrific PR in recent years and needs to redeem itself somewhat. Also, whose to say those fights won't result in a £17 first round knock out?

Just doesn't sit right with me.
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    It's one of the reasons I wouldn't buy a Sky made PPV show. You're supposed to be paying for promotional representation yet Sky stick adverts in.

I don't care what the next one is, i damn sure won't be buying it. Ads in a PPV is a no no plain and simple

To my mind, Sky Sports is already a very expensive Pay-Per-View channel. It seems ludicrous and greedy to charge us again for the pleasure of watching other sports, when we're already choosing to pay for their 6 channels.

Out of principal, I simply wouldn't buy it. I can't believe there are many UK fans who buy the WWE PPVs. Surely sport should be as accessible as possible. Boxing especially has had some horrific PR in recent years and needs to redeem itself somewhat. Also, whose to say those fights won't result in a £17 first round knock out?

Just doesn't sit right with me.

The cost of the PPV in the US for WWE is $80 last time i checked. HBO & Showtime when they have a PPV boxing event on, it can be over $100 (The last Mayweather one was $100 on SHO PPV)
    UFC PPV cards in the US are $85 but they will be going up to $95 apparently.
    The cost is shocking stateside but here, in comparison, is cheap.
    Most SBO PPV cost is £16-18 (That included WWE)
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    I emailed Sky asking why the put ad breaks into a PPV, the cheek of the reply is stunning, not to mention false.. Have a look...
    I watched the event myself live on Saturday and can confirm there were no advert breaks during any of the scheduled bouts, the Groves v Froch fight was shown in its entirety which include the walk in, the fight itself and post fight interviews from the ring.

What show was he watching? It damn sure wasn't the one i saw, on SBO HD, LIVE!!
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizarre situation with WWE, who have said that anyone who signs up to their online service WWE network in November at the UK launch gets November free, including the Survivor Series PPV which is now in the strange position of being on Sky box office for £14.95 and available legally free online on WWE Network.

Sky have got a 12 ppvs a year contract with WWE for 2015-19, but are now in the odd position of being undercut on them by WWE, as WWE are at the moment charging far less per month for them online than Sky are for box office, (WWE network currently costs $9.99- £6.25- a month, as opposed to £14.95 for the shows on SBO).