Apple lose appeal

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dark 1 wrote: »
    I think it's hilarious! I was looking forward to seeing what they'd come up with, and this is exactly what I would have expected. They were hardly going to issue a grovelling, humble pie apology when they obviously believe the ruling to be nonsense. Yeah, the iPad had absolutely no influence on Samsung's post-iPad design decisions; t'was all purely coincidental... uh huh, yeah, suuure, riiiiight... <wink wink>

Most people find it very funny and it was predictable that they would use the 'not cool' quote from the judge. Goes to show they have a good sense of humour:)
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    Most people find it very funny and it was predictable that they would use the 'not cool' quote from the judge. Goes to show they have a good sense of humour:)

I'm not sure its 'very funny'. Its clever, and yeah no surprise the 'not cool' line came up.

Clearly written by lawyers not comedians though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, it seems the court wasn't impressed with Apple's message!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/nov/01/apple-samsung-statement
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, it seems the court wasn't impressed with Apple's message!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/nov/01/apple-samsung-statement

LOL, I'm not surprised they didn't get away with that. It was pushing it a bit!
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He asked that the company be given 14 days to post the replacement - but the request was firmly denied.

Lord Justice Longmore told Mr Beloff: "We are just amazed that you cannot put the right notice up at the same time as you take the other one down."

Sir Robin Jacob added: "I would like to see the head of Apple [Tim Cook] make an affidavit about why that is such a technical difficulty for the Apple company."

Apple are lying scum but we know that :mad:

They really do think they rule the world!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20165664
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well having worked with the communications departments and legal clearance departments of a number of large companies, I'm not suprised they said it would take them 2 weeks. I've found that they move about as quick as a reversing oil tanker!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep its not a technical delay. Apple want to have another go at spinning the wording in their favour again. Guess some of their legal folks will be having a busy weekend. :D
  • Options
    Dark 1Dark 1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question: What if Apple didn't bow down and do as they're told? What's the probable real-world consequences?
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Question: What if Apple didn't bow down and do as they're told? What's the probable real-world consequences?

Civil contempt rarely results in imprisonment. But the thought of Tim Cook behind bars does make me laugh :D
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member

They would be in contempt of court and as such a judge can punish them basically as he sees fit.
  • Options
    Dark 1Dark 1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    They would be in contempt of court and as such a judge can punish them basically as he sees fit.
    Civil contempt rarely results in imprisonment. But the thought of Tim Cook behind bars does make me laugh :D

Heh! Sharing a cell with Big Bubba. :D

Seriously though, Apple are not a British company. So in all practicality, what level of enforcement would a British court be prepared to impose on the most valuable company in the world?
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heh! Sharing a cell with Big Bubba. :D

Seriously though, Apple are not a British company. So in all practicality, what level of enforcement would a British court be prepared to impose on the most valuable company in the world?
    Blocking the sales of Apple tablets until they comply with the court order perhaps?
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just like to take this opportunity to wish Sir Robin all the best with his new career

http://www.worldipreview.com/news/samsung-hires-sir-robin-jacob-as-expert
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tad misleading headline. Lke a Daily Mail article, you have to read right to the end where they acknowledge the facts. Samsung haven't hired him at all.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    tad misleading headline.

Tad is an understatement,

As ever, those with any connection to doing Apple wrong get slated.
    Misjudged is certainly a term that could be used. People wll now start to think it was his judgement.