PlayStation Store redesign next week

Comments

• AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seemed faster for me when I used it last night. I quite like the design though it has become complicated to get through to certain areas.

Search has been a lot easier
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been in playstation store and ive not got the new design still the old one.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    Just been in playstation store and ive not got the new design still the old one.

Those who can still access it downloaded the new store when prompted. It's been removed until further notice.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Those who can still access it downloaded the new store when prompted. It's been removed until further notice.

I downloaded it last night, I have the old store layout back today.

Still haven't had a proper look at it yet as my mate wanted to play RE5 last night just as I started looking and by the time we finished I had the old Blue layout back.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Officially postponed for the UK now.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Announcements/PlayStation-Store-Statement/td-p/17274010
    The phased launch of the new PlayStation®Store has been temporarily postponed in some territories as teething issues related to the global roll-out of the Store are being addressed and resolved.

It is really important to us that the best possible Store experience is delivered and we appreciate your patience as we resolve these matters.

The new PlayStation®Store is now live in the following countries: Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, UAE, Kuwait , Qatar, India, Israel, Slovenia, Hungary, Turkey, Greece and South Africa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    new stores been rolled out again today.

you can see in the image below something i mentioned the other day about the text not always fitting in the boxes on the new view-
    https://twitter.com/i/#!/PlayStationEU/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitpic.com%2Fb4qr31
    https://twitter.com/i/#!/PlayStationEU/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitpic.com%2Fb4qrk2

there are some dlc items where you actually have to click on the object to get the full title, this is part of why i think an option for a list view like the old store would be better for faster browsing/scrolling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1_Dave_E wrote: »
    new stores been rolled out again today.

Still the old store for me today and whenever I checked yesterday.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    You can get updates on where its available on the SCEE twitter page:
    https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU

We should be getting it sometime today or tomorrow, UK will probably be the last to get it.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    UK will probably be the last to get it.

That comes across like a complaint, but I see it as a positive thing, I'm not a fan of the new store :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lets be honest Uk gets shafted by sony every time so no different here. There a joke.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So... we hate the new store... but Sony are shafting us by not giving us the new store? Not sure I follow
    Forum Member
    Exactly, how are we getting shafted? The new store sucks, so we should be happy if we get it last, hell, give it to America next before us! I'm not in any rush to stare at Loading Screens for the store!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im talking about the Uk gamer who spend big money every year and we get content last. Sony and Microsoft treat us like crap and we put up with it,
    Forum Member
    Well we did have it first, and then it was taken back after complaints, so now they're trying to fix the small things (which IMO, they should just abandon project and leave the old store as is) and slowly re-launch it area by area.

In all honesty, did you use the new store? Because right now it looks like you're complaining about being sent a package of horse crap after everyone else has already had their horse crap. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    Im talking about the Uk gamer who spend big money every year and we get content last. Sony and Microsoft treat us like crap and we put up with it,

Not always, what we tend to do is only notice the content we get last.
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just had to download an update for the new store:rolleyes:

It's back folks!

So far so good, it all works well.

Yes, it takes longer to load up than the old store, and there are a few more button presses to do for downloading something. But nothing to bad imo.

The other big thing that was being complained about was the search function, yes it's still there.
    I found it very good as at the side when you select a letter all the suggestions appear for all games and films. Once we get used to this I feel this will be a faster way at finding what you are looking for:)
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I remember reading a while back that the PSN store will be available online like the Xbox Marketplace? Is there any more news on that or am I talking $h1te?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a quick look around the new store and it seems fine to me. The biggest issue I have at the moment is finding stuff as I knew exactly where to go on the old store and now everything has moved. Once I get used to that I think I can easily live with the new store.

It doesn't seem that slow either so I guess they have fixed that.

Its just a real shame they have not updated the download list. I would like a section in the store for "My Content" which sections off what I have downloaded into separate areas for the Demos, Games, DLC, Plus content ect...

Although my early impressions are fairly good for the new store I hope this design style doesn't extend to the XMB. The XMB is simple and clear, I don't want the cluttered look of all those panels and boxes.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I really do like about the new store is that navigation can be done almost exclusively using only the left analogue stick/d-pad, makes it feel more slick than it actually is. A good thing.

I also like that the movie store is now seamlessly included and the category lists are quick, I like it.

It will all click into place given time.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is your download history there ??
    I thought that was folks bug bear that they hadnt got around to puting that on yet ??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Is your download history there ??
    I thought that was folks bug bear that they hadnt got around to puting that on yet ??

Yes the download history is there, but its just a messy list of everything, quite annoying if you have been using the PS Store for 5years and have a list of hundreds of items.

The way the items on the list are presented is quite good though with it telling you the size of the download and other information.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your friends can now see when you're on the store like how a game or any other service displays itself under your PSN ID in the friends list.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried it, its not too bad. A little slow initially loading as said but pretty fine once you're in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the new style, and for me it's quicker, certainly after adding to cart when the old store used to freeze for several seconds.

Can't find the PS+ section though? Is there one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incidentally if anyone hasn't spotted yet, you can use L1/R1 to scroll a page at a time left & right on the main screen with the main game boxes to get to "Latest" or whatever far right. Makes it a bit quicker there.