Options

Is Kyle Canning the next long running character in Neighbours?

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
Forum Member
✭✭
I have a feeling Kyle may be the next long running character in Neighbours.

What do others think?

Comments

• Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He has the potential to be a modern day Jo Mangal. I bet Georgia dies within the next two years.

Not sure if she'll be shot by duck hunters though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    He has the potential to be a modern day Jo Mangal. I bet Georgia dies within the next two years.

Not sure if she'll be shot by duck hunters though.

I think Georgia will be killed off when the Actress decides to leave. Kyle like Toadie is a long stay character I think.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Chris Milligan has said that he won't be staying in Neighbours for a long time. He has plans to move to LA soon.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/406564/Neighbours-30th-anniversary-Kylie-Minogue-return-Christopher-Milligan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    Chris Milligan has said that he won't be staying in Neighbours for a long time. He has plans to move to LA soon.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/406564/Neighbours-30th-anniversary-Kylie-Minogue-return-Christopher-Milligan

Interesting, I always thought he would be sticking around.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I would have thought the fact that he spent 2 months in LA in Jan/Feb this year would be a hint that he clearly doesn't have long term plans to stay with the show.

I think Chris could potentially stay for quite a while, but you never can tell with the younger group.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Deschanel wrote: »
    I think Chris could potentially stay for quite a while, but you never can tell with the younger group.

Well he's been there since 2010. Even 4 years can be a long time for a young character these days. I think Chris could stay if he wanted even though he really doesn't have any ties. Kind of like Leah on H&A when she first started and that was in 2000.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anybody notice yesterday that Kyle told Amy he went to Erinsborough High?? even though he comes from and grew up in Frankston!
  • Options
    Ash_M1Ash_M1 Posts: 18,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Did anybody notice yesterday that Kyle told Amy he went to Erinsborough High?? even though he comes from and grew up in Frankston!

He did go to Erinsborough High in the days of Toby Mangel and Dorothy Burke.
  • Options
    Lauren_WeezleyLauren_Weezley Posts: 105
    Forum Member

Yeah he did go to Erinsborough High, he is same year as Ringo, Declan, Zeke, Bridget, Donna and others, he is a bully until he became regular cast then he change his ways.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? I thought he lived in Frankston?
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't he have a crush on Kate or something when they were all at the same school? I remember him being the school bully but it was years ago and I'm forgetful these days.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Kyle leaving the show or not does anyone know?
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,218
    Forum Member
    Really? I thought he lived in Frankston?

He was definitely at least in the last year of high school with them maybe he moved.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    I noticed that line too and found it a bit confusing. If people are saying he was there i guess he must have been. Was he played by the same actor? I guess people do move so that can explain Frankston.

I hope he doeszn't stay really long term though, I find him very dull and quite smug. I wish they weren't pairing him up with Amy as i actually quite like her.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,218
    Forum Member
    Ye he was the same actor. I used to think he was hot. I dont watch anymore but when he was basically a speaking extra I loved his scenes.
  • Options
    clever3000clever3000 Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    It was nice that they had him as a bit of an idiot, that provided entertainment, since the writers fazed it out he really has become a very boring character.