Options

EastEnders - Charlie's return: Does this mean that?

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
DTC is rebuilding the Slater's? Tbh I think if he is, this is possibly one of his best moves! I'd be very welcome to a Sean, Jean, return aswell! DTC said he wants to build the families back up, so it's only right Kat and Stacey get some family! Kat works wonderfully with Alfie so Kat doesn't really need a family base, plus she has her own kids! Stacey on the other hand feels a little lost... It feels like she's just had this kid lumbered on her, and her going round the square trying to be make friends with Dean, Tosh, Mick etc... Is making me cringe!

I think Stacey's key night actually lead to Sean, and I think if Rob Kazinsky was to reprise the role, it would be AMAZING! Charlie, not a major character, no, but he adds realism to the show, and DTC said he wants older characters in the soap, and so Mo and Charlie would be perfect for this! And finally Jean, I think she is the missing piece to Stacey, Lacey Turner works best with Gillian Wright, and Jake Wood IMO, and Jean not being around IMO is really dragging Stacey down!:( I think a big Slater storyline which would reunite the Slater's would be brilliant! Charlie's return is linked to a storyline, so what's everyone else think?:p

Also, I think Denise could finally do with some family! She's barely on screen now she's no longer with the Beale's, and Patricks stroke has barely had any screen time, these past 2 months. Perhaps a Libby, Chelsea return, and Ada introduction?:p

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sean coming back would be amazing. However, Rob's doing very well in the US, but you never know....even a few episodes would be great to see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Sean coming back would be amazing. However, Rob's doing very well in the US, but you never know....even a few episodes would be great to see.

I was thinking the same! I'd love it to be permanent, Jean would be easier to bring back, so I hope this is on the cards! I hope if Charlie Brooks does well in the US, to won't stop HER from coming back! Idk how I'd cope without Janine returning!:D:(
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    DTC is rebuilding the Slater's? Tbh I think if he is, this is possibly one of his best moves! I'd be very welcome to a Sean, Jean, return aswell! DTC said he wants to build the families back up, so it's only right Kat and Stacey get some family! Kat works wonderfully with Alfie so Kat doesn't really need a family base, plus she has her own kids! Stacey on the other hand feels a little lost... It feels like she's just had this kid lumbered on her, and her going round the square trying to be make friends with Dean, Tosh, Mick etc... Is making me cringe!

I think Stacey's key night actually lead to Sean, and I think if Rob Kazinsky was to reprise the role, it would be AMAZING! Charlie, not a major character, no, but he adds realism to the show, and DTC said he wants older characters in the soap, and so Mo and Charlie would be perfect for this! And finally Jean, I think she is the missing piece to Stacey, Lacey Turner works best with Gillian Wright, and Jake Wood IMO, and Jean not being around IMO is really dragging Stacey down!:( I think a big Slater storyline which would reunite the Slater's would be brilliant! Charlie's return is linked to a storyline, so what's everyone else think?:p

Also, I think Denise could finally do with some family! She's barely on screen now she's no longer with the Beale's, and Patricks stroke has barely had any screen time, these past 2 months. Perhaps a Libby, Chelsea return, and Ada introduction?:p

I hope so. I share the same enthusiasm about the Slaters as you do. I love Mo and Charlie. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so. I share the same enthusiasm about the Slaters as you do. I love Mo and Charlie. :)

Great to hear! And yes, scenes with Charlie and Patrick and Jim having a drink and a game of Poker in the vic, is what a soap needs! We haven't had any of this ever since Santer left!:(
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same! I'd love it to be permanent, Jean would be easier to bring back, so I hope this is on the cards! I hope if Charlie Brooks does well in the US, to won't stop HER from coming back! Idk how I'd cope without Janine returning!:D:(

I'd love to see Jean and Ollie return - they are a wonderful couple. It would also be nice to learn more about Ollie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I'd love to see Jean and Ollie return - they are a wonderful couple. It would also be nice to learn more about Ollie.

Yes, I agree!:) and they all need to be at number 23! Not all spread out across the square. Kirkwood destroyed the EE families, I hope DTC doesn't do the same to the Slater's!
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jean, sean, ollie should come back
    Wouldn't mind a Zoe and a Lynne guest return (Lynne just can't not visit her sister just to avoid the square forever)
    Little mo and belinda would also make great permant returns (belinda could even be Linda's sister in law or ex if she's still married to Neville and Neville turns out to be Elaine's son.

Mo should go however. Charlie realistically should but he is abit of a bore. I think the older generation is fine and the late 20s-30s should be worked on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jean, sean, ollie should come back
    Wouldn't mind a Zoe and a Lynne guest return (Lynne just can't not visit her sister just to avoid the square forever)
    Little mo and belinda would also make great permant returns (belinda could even be Linda's sister in law or ex if she's still married to Neville and Neville turns out to be Elaine's son.

Mo should go however. Charlie realistically should but he is abit of a bore. I think the older generation is fine and the late 20s-30s should be worked on.

Charlie is supposed to be a bit 'boring' tbf joe, his character is a great character though and he holds the Slater's together, he's the father of them all!:D

Mo and Charlie's banter beats Les and Pams anyway!:D I think they'd make pretty good friends aswell, and it would FINALLY give Patrick a good old friend!

I think if EastEnders were to work on a certain age group it should the 16-25's! Kirkwood brought in way too many and filled the show with youths! This is still a problem that I thought DTC would finally sort out!

Johnny, Nancy, Lee, Whitney, Lauren, Peter, Lola, Ben, Abi, Jay, Tamwar, Shabnam, Dexter and Fatboy are all examples of this! I really don't think there is need for so many, and I really wouldn't miss most of them! What I think is also bad, is they're pretty much all the same, they're really boring and don't really have a personality! I much prefer Liam and Cindy to all these, because they get some decent material and act older than most of the names mentioned above, which is strange as they're a lot younger!:/ Lacey Turner joined EastEnders at 16 and left at 22, look at the great work she was given! Characters in that age group now, just sit in the vic, and have get togethers, it's realistic I suppose but very boring, there's no need for so many, I hope the 16-25 year olds can be reduced soon!:p
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If its true that he is returning in January then it made me wonder if that Alfie death rumour was true. Maybe wishful thinking :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If its true that he is returning in January then it made me wonder if that Alfie death rumour was true. Maybe wishful thinking :p

I really do like Alfie, so it would really be a shame to lose him, however if Kat was still around and stayed on the show, I suppose I could pull myself together!:D but I think Kat and Alfie should be a bit happy for now! I think they should get married for the 30th anniversary but this time, at a church and that!:) however, I think a really big storyline for Kat and Alfie would be one of the twins or Tommy diagnosed with a terminal illness, a child has never had a terminal illness on a soap before, I think Kat and Alfie and one of their children would be perfect for the role! It's better than the whole 'will they split up again?' Saga...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member

This is the first thing I thought of when I heard! Especially if he is only returning for a couple of episodes .....could it be for the funeral? I really hope not! I can't see Alfie being killed off not from the way DTC has been talking about the Kat and Alfie characters.
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie Slater is best left in the past. He was a boring character and I didn't rate the actor.

He's one of those characters who everyone calls deadwood but then after he's been away a couple of years people call for his return for no real reason.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlie is supposed to be a bit 'boring' tbf joe, his character is a great character though and he holds the Slater's together, he's the father of them all!:D

Mo and Charlie's banter beats Les and Pams anyway!:D I think they'd make pretty good friends aswell, and it would FINALLY give Patrick a good old friend!

I think if EastEnders were to work on a certain age group it should the 16-25's! Kirkwood brought in way too many and filled the show with youths! This is still a problem that I thought DTC would finally sort out!

Johnny, Nancy, Lee, Whitney, Lauren, Peter, Lola, Ben, Abi, Jay, Tamwar, Shabnam, Dexter and Fatboy are all examples of this! I really don't think there is need for so many, and I really wouldn't miss most of them! What I think is also bad, is they're pretty much all the same, they're really boring and don't really have a personality! I much prefer Liam and Cindy to all these, because they get some decent material and act older than most of the names mentioned above, which is strange as they're a lot younger!:/ Lacey Turner joined EastEnders at 16 and left at 22, look at the great work she was given! Characters in that age group now, just sit in the vic, and have get togethers, it's realistic I suppose but very boring, there's no need for so many, I hope the 16-25 year olds can be reduced soon!:p
    I agree that age group is way too big. Whitney, dexter and aurther
    should definatly go. Tamwar, abi and lee should all be recurring (lee should of stayed in te army and turn up for a few episodes every couple of month and get killed off a few years down the carters storyline while on tour.

I want to see more of the cokers (more pam as i love her character) Les is boring and definatly prefer Charlie out of the two. Patrick not really fussed about and he requires some family of his own rather then Denise (and Kim when she shows up). Out of all 3 charlie does have more of a place and is just one character I don't really care much about. At the same time I don't want to older age group characters go down the overexposed route the youngsters were in as it will feel like your watching a show based in a pensioners dominated area and that would be dull. Ee need to get all the age groups better balanced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that age group is way too big. Whitney, dexter and aurther
    should definatly go. Tamwar, abi and lee should all be recurring (lee should of stayed in te army and turn up for a few episodes every couple of month and get killed off a few years down the carters storyline while on tour.

I want to see more of the cokers (more pam as i love her character) Les is boring and definatly prefer Charlie out of the two. Patrick not really fussed about and he requires some family of his own rather then Denise (and Kim when she shows up). Out of all 3 charlie does have more of a place and is just one character I don't really care much about. At the same time I don't want to older age group characters go down the overexposed route the youngsters were in as it will feel like your watching a show based in a pensioners dominated area and that would be dull. Ee need to get all the age groups better balanced.

Yeah I agree!:) get rid of a lot of the youngers! I don't really think we need anymore new characters tbf, I'd like to see some characters return though, but we've had enough introduced this year, the cast should be reduced a bit, as I feel there's too many cast members, and characters like Cindy and Patrick are barely ever on screen, when they should be, as Cindy is a single teenage mom, and Patrick is recovering from a stroke!