wet food for cat - suggestions needed!!!

Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I need some suggestions regarding wet food for our cat. She is just over a year old, and up until now she has been on Royal Canin dried food, but recently it seems she is getting a bit bored of just having this!!!!

When she was speyed the vets gave us some royal canin wet food for her to have for a few days after recovering, however she didn't seem to like it and bought it back up within an hour of eating it.

Today I went to my local petshop who sell a variety of products and suggested i try Jame Wellbeloved, which I did and she loved it and so far so good she hasn't been sick!!!! The only problem is the packets were quite expensive, and only seemed to come individually rather than bulk in boxes.

Is James Wellbeloved good?? or can anyone else suggest another decent make?? :)

Comments

• towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi..

Having worked in a pet shop for 9 years, I can tell you that James Wellbeloved is better than most wet foods out there and although its quite expensive, you're not supossed to feed as much of it as you would cheaper wet foods - Whiskas, Felix etc - because they have a higher water content.

Having said that, as long as a good dry or wet food continues to make up the bulk of your cat's diet (which Royal Canin is, along with James Wellbeloved, Iams and ProPlan) it wouldn't matter too much if your cat was given a small amount of whiskas or felix wet foods as a daily treat. (Beware, the foils / pouches have a small amount of added sugar to make them more tasty to cats - its why some cats are addicted to them - but again, as long as your cat is eating dry food (which helps to clean the teeth) it won't be a problem in the long run.
  • Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, that is great advice!!

when she was a kitten we did try whiskas but she didn't like it, so changed very quickly to royal canin, which is what the pet shop suggested (they did suggest other brands, but for whatever reason we chose royal canin)

I may buy a few pouches of James Wellbeloved but give her some everyother day, as a treat.

:):)
  • cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you use Google you will find boxes of 12 pouches of JW wet food, probably at a substantial discount over buying individual pouches.