Itunes 11 Problem!!

Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi guys,

This problem is really annoying me at the moment and need some help with figuring this out.

When I used to pick an album to listen to Itunes 10 in album cover view, I would just simply click the album and play the album however I like such as in play counts or last played etc.

But the new itunes just doesn't let me organise it and will only play the album from beginning to end by track number.

Not sure if anyone knows what im talking about but if someone needs me to elaborate further ill do so if you dont understand.

Would appreciate the help. Thanks!

Comments

• kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know the answer to this too. I preferred the old iTunes :(
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »

I cannot stand this latest version 11 of iTunes and really regretted updating to it massively. The previous version is far superior, and I went back to it.

If you would like to do the same, all the old versions of iTunes, including the one previous to version 11, are available to download from a very reliable and trustworthy source called www.filehippo.com

Hope that is useful. :)
  • adam2904adam2904 Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    It's really not that hard to use, i think it's a massive improvement, people seem to hate companies and products staying the same, but then complain that they can't get their small little brains around a new concept.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    I cannot stand this latest version 11 of iTunes and really regretted updating to it massively. The previous version is far superior, and I went back to it.

If you would like to do the same, all the old versions of iTunes, including the one previous to version 11, are available to download from a very reliable and trustworthy source called www.filehippo.com

Thanks for the link :) I think I'll probably end up trying that.
    adam2904 wrote: »
    It's really not that hard to use, i think it's a massive improvement, people seem to hate companies and products staying the same, but then complain that they can't get their small little brains around a new concept.

Lovely. So is there actually a solution to the OP's problem or has that feature just been removed?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »

Same, most of the time i can't see the side bar to scroll down
  • Sam SolitudeSam Solitude Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Same, most of the time i can't see the side bar to scroll down

On your i-tunes,click 'VIEW',then 'SHOW SIDEBAR'.
  • Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adam2904 wrote: »

I happen to actually like the new itunes but I dont like the fact I cant play 1 album I like by play counts. Its really annoying me. I am not even one to complain about updates or anything but this is one feature I used all the time and now I cant use it, I am extremely disappointing with Apple.
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do i make my album covers smaller, they are huge and can only see like 6 on a page. there dont seem to be an option but when you have like 300 albums i prefered to see them smaller so easier to locate.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »

Very useful :) really DO NOT LIKE the new version at all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey has anyone figured out a way to do this on the new itunes?

I still havent found a fix for it.

I'll just clarify what my problem is...

Im simply trying to play an album on my new itunes 11 but want to play the album according to my play count or even by last played but won't come up on Album view.

Can someone tell me how to do this please because this used to be a regular thing for me on the old itunes and its really bothering me!!

Thanks!
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a Mac (presumably Windows version is similar):

From the View menu, choose Column Browser and select Show Column Browser

From the buttons marked Songs, Albums, Artists, Genres etc select Songs. A browser should appear below that with colums for Genres, Artists and Albums.

From the Albums column, select the album you want to play. Click on the Plays column and it will sort into your play count. Double-click on the first song and it will play the album in play count order.

There may be a more elegant way to do it but that way seems to do the trick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »
    On a Mac (presumably Windows version is similar):

From the View menu, choose Column Browser and select Show Column Browser

From the buttons marked Songs, Albums, Artists, Genres etc select Songs. A browser should appear below that with colums for Genres, Artists and Albums.

From the Albums column, select the album you want to play. Click on the Plays column and it will sort into your play count. Double-click on the first song and it will play the album in play count order.

There may be a more elegant way to do it but that way seems to do the trick.

Oh right! That looks good to me!!

Thanks for that! But unfortunately I cannot search for the album, I need to keep scrolling to find the one I want.

But I'll definitely use that tool now so thats brilliant! Thanks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scoobyh1 wrote: »
    Oh right! That looks good to me!!

Thanks for that! But unfortunately I cannot search for the album, I need to keep scrolling to find the one I want.

But I'll definitely use that tool now so thats brilliant! Thanks!

Yeah, it's a bit fiddly. Have your tried clicking in the album column and then typing the album title? It should scroll to the album as you type it.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can never get itunes to work anymore

it just crashes all the time and freezes :(
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing many of my albums on cover view show up loads of times, I've checked all of the tags to make sure they are all exactly the same but no the album is split between groups of songs! Urgh!
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the main thing with itunes 11 is that you just have to accept its a c***.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazymonk wrote: »
    Another thing many of my albums on cover view show up loads of times, I've checked all of the tags to make sure they are all exactly the same but no the album is split between groups of songs! Urgh!

Had this with a new CD imported yesterday. That album had one main artist but lots of collaborations and the answer was to make sure the name in the album artist field was always the main artist even when the individual tracks were credited to different combinations of singers. But as with other "features" of iTunes it can be hard to figure out exactly what to do to get it working the way you want.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have only used itunes 11 once since getting back my computer for repair and everyone in my household finds it irritating to use as you 'slide' the options of what you want to do frequently.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In some ways I'm glad to see this thread as i-Tunes 11 really isn't consumer friendly and I wish I had never downloaded it :(
  • tigraboitigraboi Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I agree about v11 - I was just getting to grips with iTunes as a relatively new user and am gradually ripping all my CDs to the library then they went and changed how it's all laid out!! I liked to list by Album Artist, then by Year, had all the artwork in small size at the left with the album title & artist next to it then all the track titles in order to the right of that - could see all tracks at once, scroll up and down easily and use the search for pretty much anything.

Now I eventually worked out the Albums layout is best for me and have sorted by Album Artist and then by Year, but now I have to click on the artwork to view the tracks, and if you click away to any other view, e.g. when ripping a CD, when you go back, the view has reverted back to the very top!! :mad: The Songs layout is not great cos I can't seem to sort albums chronologically, they seem to sort only by Album Title (plus in that view there is no little artwork thumbnail like there used to be in v10).

Also, if you type in an artist name now to search, it seems to only use the Album Artist field - so if I also have tracks by that same artist on compilation album where I have the Album Artist field set to Various Artists then it doesn't show these in search results. VERY frustrating.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The New itunes bugs me as I can never see the scroll down bar on the right hand side. And the search function is annoying
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Oh yes! Me too! Here i was thinking i was the only one. I also wish i never downloaded the newer version.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I also don't think Itunes 11 is an improvement. To simply bring up a few playlists (like in the toolbar/startbar) it's really complicated when you used to be able to just drag them out from the programme.

And I miss the little box in the left corner showing the album art. I've went to the effort of correcting album art/info etc since the last itunes (bit of a control freak) and now I can't quickly preview the album images :(
  • royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish i hadn't downloaded this version either. it seems to have gone slightly windows live messenger - it was the best software ever then suddenly 1 update changed everything and it got worse and worse from then on. i find playlists easiest to make on itunes so hope it gets fixed soon, steve jobs won't have allowed this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    the new version of itunes sucks big time , its utter crap i want the old one back