Ee Has Had Six Episodes Set On The Same Day

JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
Forum Member
Has EE set some kind of record here for the longest number of episodes set on the same day? Since the episode on Friday 27th September it has been Phil and Sharons wedding day. So six episodes have been set on the same day. What exact day was it meant to be? Perhaps Saturday 28th. In which case how will they catch up to the present day. Presumably tonight's episode will be the day after. So they are now nine days behind. Soaps are generally more or less set on the day they are transmitted so they need to jump a week or so especially with Christmas coming up. But just wondered if EE or any other soap has ever had so many episodes set on the same day. I think Corrie may have had five episodes set on the same day but this is six broadcast over 11 days.

Comments

• CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im sure there are examples of a day over 4 episodes, and Christmas episodes will generally be set on the same day, possibly more depending on the exact plot, but yeah 6 is alot.

The day before was well covered as well, at least 3 episodes.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The episodes where Stella died/Ronnie and Roxy arrived stretched out over almost 3 weeks and was all set on the one day. I believe it was 9 episodes in July 2007.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think EastEnders longest running day was Shatons wedding to John and her subsequent return, which spanned 7 episodes
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Has EE set some kind of record here for the longest number of episodes set on the same day? Since the episode on Friday 27th September it has been Phil and Sharons wedding day. So six episodes have been set on the same day. What exact day was it meant to be? Perhaps Saturday 28th. In which case how will they catch up to the present day. Presumably tonight's episode will be the day after. So they are now nine days behind. Soaps are generally more or less set on the day they are transmitted so they need to jump a week or so especially with Christmas coming up. But just wondered if EE or any other soap has ever had so many episodes set on the same day. I think Corrie may have had five episodes set on the same day but this is six broadcast over 11 days.

The dates were actually Friday 26th & Sat 27th September.

The wedding day was on the Saturday as I remember someone reading a text on their phone and the date was 27/09/14 and another character mentioned 'today' was Saturday.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've quite enjoyed these follow on episodes.:)
  • SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it when episodes end of cliffhangers which directly pick up when the next episode begins!

I would imagine the next few episodes will catch up!