Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AGree to disagree we do.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    I thought she looked like that footballers ex wife, can't remember her bloody name now though, not long got divorced :D

EDIT: Just came to me - Danielle Lloyd

YES!!! :D
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Poor Vera :(

Wants to get shot of that Kevin.

Get the bloke with the airgun ;-)
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    striing wrote: »
    Tenants like me should have properties availabe to buy instead of having them all bought up by people who can put a second mortgage on an existing home.

Tenants like those in the programme - well I guess they need social housing. I'd rather the money went to the council to put back into public services.

And what about people who can't afford to buy and have b*ggerall chance of a cushty council house? I'm glad that private rental exists or I'd have nowhere to live.

Not that I think it could feasibly be outlawed anyway..
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,247
    Forum Member

She has her own history of anti-social behaviour which is why she's banned from living in a council house.

She'll probably end up in a mental institute.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt sorry for Vera as she seemed very vulnerable. Kevin, I couldn't work out if he didn't grasp the impact of what was happening or was just a habitual liar.

I immediately felt sorry for the young single mum at the end. She seemed so innocent. I hope she has people to help her and can keep her head above water.
  • Options
    drillbitdrillbit Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what were the pellets on the ground?? some sort of fertilizer for cannabis?
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I turned this off after two minutes, I think I've had enough of this type of show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    drillbit wrote: »
    what were the pellets on the ground?? some sort of fertilizer for cannabis?

Vermiculite, soil conditioner.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    Get the bloke with the airgun ;-)

haha :D
    oathy wrote: »
    YES!!! :D

I knew id get it eventually :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was like a Jeremy Kyle Guests at Home show.

What a load of morons featured and I don't necessarily mean just the tenants. (Although they all were)
  • Options
    drillbitdrillbit Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in all fairness, its wrong that people should have to live in such conditions in this day & age

just to think how many billions was spent on the Olympics > a fortnight of sport ....would it not have been better being spent on social housing or something more worthy?????
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in all fairness, its wrong that people should have to live in such conditions in this day & age

just to think how many billions was spent on the Olympics > a fortnight of sport ....would it not have been better being spent on social housing or something more worthy?????

Landlords are responsible for making sure you have double-glazing (I believe all properties should be double-glazed), a boiler that works properly, ensuring that homes are damp-free, that sort of thing; the last time I had to get my landlord to do something it was to mend the lock on the front door as it was not shutting properly. However tenants are responsible for keeping their homes clean & tidy, just damn well do your housework you lazy people, and I speak as someone who has very limited energy due to health problems - but I always make sure the basics are in order & as such there is no way my home is an environmental health hazard.
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member

But they don't have to live in conditions like these in most cases. The trouble is that a lot of the bad conditions are down to the tenants and the way they treat the places. You see so many of the places on these shows with doors hanging off, wall paper torn and filthy dirty. That doesn't happen on it's own. You can't really blame the landlords for only doing the minimum to let the places.
    I mean who in their right mind puts all their rubbish in a cellar because they haven't got a bin! It's a bit of a flimsy excuse to say they've been nicked. If that's the case get another bin or take your rubbish down the tip.
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But they don't have to live in conditions like these in most cases. The trouble is that a lot of the bad conditions are down to the tenants and the way they treat the places. You see so many of the places on these shows with doors hanging off, wall paper torn and filthy dirty. That doesn't happen on it's own. You can't really blame the landlords for only doing the minimum to let the places.
    I mean who in their right mind puts all their rubbish in a cellar because they haven't got a bin! It's a bit of a flimsy excuse to say they've been nicked. If that's the case get another bin or take your rubbish down the tip.

If my bin was nicked then I'd phone the council & demand they provide me with a replacement. Those people from the programme can't say that they can't spare the money for a bin because they spend money on cigarettes. Incidentally, I've never come across a property with a cellar.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is true. My OH has been into properties when they have been put on the market for rental. They are clean, freshly painted, have clean carpets and there is no damage at all.
    He goes back a couple of months later and finds cupboard doors hanging off, stained carpets, electrical appliances broken and sacks and sacks of rubbish thrown outside.

I just don't get this because I don't spend my life doing housework but our house never looks like that. Why do people have bags and bags of rubbishy alongside their wheelie bins? I can only assume they live on junk food and ready meals which all come in lots of packaging because we have 4 in our family and our wheelie bins are never overflowing.
  • Options
    Sun Glasses RonSun Glasses Ron Posts: 17,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched this program last night & was flabbergasted at the actions of the private landlord who wouldn't pay for professionals (1000k I think he said) to clean the drug infested hole he owned

Where was the PPE ?
    Picking up needles in that manner -no litter picker & sharps box
    Moving them in the back of a car in plastic tub then picking them up to drop off at drug centre
    Then the wally pricks himself with one -was like waiting for a car crash to happen!

That landlord should be ashamed of himself -the jewellery he was wearing looked like it was expensive & wouldnt pay to have the house cleaned properly

Then he let it to a vulnerable young girl with a very young child-what happens if they discover needles hidden behind radiators that were missed by his skinflint ways

There are somethings you just dont cut corners on & this is one of them!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched this program last night & was flabbergasted at the actions of the private landlord who wouldn't pay for professionals (1000k I think he said) to clean the drug infested hole he owned

Where was the PPE ?
    Picking up needles in that manner -no litter picker & sharps box
    Moving them in the back of a car in plastic tub then picking them up to drop off at drug centre
    Then the wally pricks himself with one -was like waiting for a car crash to happen!

That landlord should be ashamed of himself -the jewellery he was wearing looked like it was expensive & wouldnt pay to have the house cleaned properly

Then he let it to a vulnerable young girl with a very young child-what happens if they discover needles hidden behind radiators that were missed by his skinflint ways

There are somethings you just dont cut corners on & this is one of them!!!!

Anything for a quick buck. I too was appalled at the cavalier attitude to the needles and drug clearance.
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Such a shame for Vera, her house was really lovely and sad that she was being evicted.
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh the cellar with the rubbish.. surely that is basic knowledge, if you leave bags of refuse it can attract vermin. the landlord should have provided a bin at the start.
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    Gosh the cellar with the rubbish.. surely that is basic knowledge, if you leave bags of refuse it can attract vermin. the landlord should have provided a bin at the start.

The landlord did provide a bin. It was stolen and costs £15 to replace. Which they couldn't afford...apparently. Hence the far less sensible idea of storing half a hundredweight of food rubbish in a cellar, and wondering why it attracted vermin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Such a shame for Vera, her house was really lovely and sad that she was being evicted.

My sympathy is reserved for her long-suffering neighbours and the many others like them around the country.
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    My sympathy is reserved for her long-suffering neighbours and the many others like them around the country.

How do you know what her neighbours were like?

I was assaulted by a nasty old c**t who bought the house next door my parents, even the police told us he was a dangerous SOB, he wasn't a 'benefit tenant' >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Muze wrote: »
    How do you know what her neighbours were like?

I was assaulted by a nasty old c**t who bought the house next door my parents, even the police told us he was a dangerous SOB, he wasn't a 'benefit tenant' >:(

You've completely misunderstood my post.

Vera is being evicted for anti-social behaviour towards her neighbours. Hence my sympathy for them and not her.