Options

sean - coronation street

qantas330qantas330 Posts: 812
Forum Member
✭✭
can someone please point out the purpose of the above character.

annoying
poor acting
no storylines (often)

please not a romantic interest for todd grimshaw!!!! lol

Comments

• Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He fills the quota of stereotypical gay men for 1000%

As a gay man my self I'm insulted by his presence on my screen, same goes for AC too.
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's fine in small doses.

Anything more and it's a chore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loathe him more than my Nan loathed Hitler.
  • Options
    Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the hate towards Sean. He is far from my favourite character, and even though he's a cliche, I know of many gay males just like him - love a gossip, lots of female friends, loves attention and a bit of Kylie.

As a gay man myself, I just don't get the hate towards him from other gay men. Stereotypes are rooted on truth - do we hear straight men moaning that Norris is a stereotypical old grump? Are the Asian members of this forum unhappy that Dev runs a corner shop? Of course not - they are based on a truth that society accepts as being typical.

Personally, I dislike Sean as a character. He should never have been given the recipe for the Hot Pots, should remain a background character but at least get himself some life goals - I never understood why he lived with Eileen for so long, especially with Paul on the scene! Exactly why does he work two jobs if he can't even afford his own home?
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loathe him more than my Nan loathed Hitler.

I loathe him too. He's unbearable to watch and basically just plays himself. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's great to have a stero typical gay
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's just pointless.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    He fills the quota of stereotypical gay men for 1000%

As a gay man my self I'm insulted by his presence on my screen, same goes for AC too.

As a gay man myself I'm insulted by your post.
  • Options
    FrankieSFrankieS Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Vile character. Truly awful actor.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why is he popping up again in almost every scene after not being seen much for months. A dreadful has been character played in the John Humphries style.
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful, nosy, interferring person. Terrible character
    How does he manage to just walk along the street and bunk in on Carla's coversation with her brother? Like last night he just joined in a conversation with Lloyed, Steve and Karl. Cheek!

I can't bare to watch him when he is in the factory, he never uses the machine, just picks at the garment. Watch him, he always does that, drives me mad:mad: