Soaps

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
Forum Member
✭✭
This DS soap section seems to be very quiet lately, or is it just me?

Where the heck is everyone, I miss the banter!!!!

I miss all the old regulars :(

Comments

• cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are some regulars that I haven't seen posting in months now :(
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    There are some regulars that I haven't seen posting in months now :(

Its really changed the flow and feel I think :(

There has been a large decrease in posts, last nights posts are currently on page 2! When I first joined they'd have been well into 10.

I know some bans haven't gone down well with many members
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,295
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    This DS soap section seems to be very quiet lately, or is it just me?

Where the heck is everyone, I miss the banter!!!!

I miss all the old regulars :(

As quite a few people got bans for joking about a lot of us are more cautious these days. It's a shame. I got fed up myself a few weeks back and didn't post for a few days but I did find myself coming back after I got stressed out irl. :D
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without meaning to question the power that be who run DS, I do think its a shame that some bans had to be permanent. I understand the need for temporary "time outs" but surely only permanent bans should be used for the most serious offences.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people can sometimes offend others. Sometimes a person posts on a thread and I think somebody else replies to it in a rude way. It might not always be meant as rude by the other person but some people might be sensitive and take things the wrong way. I know it's a public forum but there's no need for rudeness. Maybe that is one reason it is quiet :-(
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Without meaning to question the power that be who run DS, I do think its a shame that some bans had to be permanent. I understand the need for temporary "time outs" but surely only permanent bans should be used for the most serious offences.

I agree and its sad that we have lost some really funny posters who lightened the mood on here. I used to love the surreal threads and thought that they brought us all together for a good laugh :(

I also agree with you miaow_sponge and its a shame when offence is given/taken.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think some people can sometimes offend others. Sometimes a person posts on a thread and I think somebody else replies to it in a rude way. It might not always be meant as rude by the other person but some people might be sensitive and take things the wrong way. I know it's a public forum but there's no need for rudeness. Maybe that is one reason it is quiet :-(

There's no need for rudeness but some folk hit the alert button for anything these days. ..
  • stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not just the soaps forum that has seen a sharp decrease in posting.
    Maybe twitter is having a big effect and forums are dying out?
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no need for rudeness but some folk hit the alert button for anything these days. ..

ALERT!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh I would only alert if it was something quite serious. I haven't done it yet. Most people on these forums are good natured and like having a laugh, yourself included :-)

I occasionally see someone calling someone else "stupid" which is uncalled for really but not something I would alert for unless it blatantly carried on in a bullying way towards one person which I haven't seen yet personally.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of posters have been banned or left, it's sad to see the decline in members the forum is really quiet compared to last year, Hit Em Up Style is the latest victim of being banned.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    A lot of posters have been banned or left, it's sad to see the decline in members the forum is really quiet compared to last year, Hit Em Up Style is the latest victim of being banned.

What ever for? :confused:
    I don't recall him being rude or aggressive.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    What ever for? :confused:
    I don't recall him being rude or aggressive.

He said someone called him a troll and it was a argument with another member they suspended him and when he said it wasn't his fault or something to that degree he got banned, they was apparently going to lift the banned but he said he wasn't returning, he was on twitter but he seemed to have deactivated his account now.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    He said someone called him a troll and it was a argument with another member they suspended him and when he said it wasn't his fault or something to that degree he got banned, they was apparently going to lift the banned but he said he wasn't returning, he was on twitter but he seemed to have deactivated his account now.

Shame. I didn't always agree with him but I thought he was an interesting poster.