I have a (musical) confession to make...

2»

Comments

• misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ClareB wrote: »
    Robbie Williams - Angels.

couldn't agree more - "best song of the past 25 years" ...my left foot. :eek:
  • MidiboyMidiboy Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    ClareB wrote: »
    Robbie Williams - Angels.

Yup - that's another one that rips my knitting! Can't see the appeal at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every rap song ever. :yawn:
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellesworth wrote: »
    I cannot bl00dy stand that Aerosmith song! If I hear it one more time I will put my fist through whichever speaker is playing it.

I feel the same way about that song! I'll be happily listening to the radio and then that intro comes on...argh!! I have to change channel if someone sings it on The X Factor etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    Blah123 wrote: »
    All U2 songs - They all sound the exact same and that sound is crap!

no no no no no!

I've been listening to 1980-1990 singles CD and it sounds as fresh as ever.

you are mistaken - learn the error of your ways and repent!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i'm with you one hundred percent! bono's voice grates on me like no other - and that's without factoring in his "personality"
  • afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,161
    Forum Member
    ...and through it aaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllll, she offers me protection...

I can't switch the radio over quick enough.
  • jaek123456jaek123456 Posts: 8,410
    Forum Member
    I hate music!!! I'm joking :D What i don't like is tinchy stryder (spelling ?) He's vastly over rated
  • CerroneCerrone Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I HATE PULP.
    There, said it. Why do people consider Jarvis Cocker some sort of genius? For a start, he doesn't sing properly, he talks through half his 'songs' no better than Telly Savalas. And the way he is considered an 'intellectual'. They put him on programmes like Question Time and all he spouts is simplistic student-type ramblings that have no basis in the real world.

I HATE 'Common People'
    I HATE 'Disco 2000'.
    I've only ever heard those two and they're enough. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jaek123456 wrote: »
    I hate music!!! I'm joking :DWhat i don't like is tinchy stryder (spelling ?) He's vastly over rated

Eh? :confused:
    Tinchy Stryder is just a here-today-gone-tomorrow ephemeral 'star' who happens to appeal to the teenagers of 2009. I don't think any serious music commentators 'rate' him. Wait a couple of years, you'll never hear of him again! :D
  • geoffSFgeoffSF Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are quite a few "classics" from the 70s and 80s that I'm not to keen on. Many of the "great bands / musicians" top songs aren't aren't as good as their b-sides.
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving You Is Easy Cause Your Beautiful by Minnie Ripperton.
    And all songs by The Carpenters (hearing Karen's voice is like chewing cotton).
    I agree with all about Elvis (The King!!!!!!!!!! how come?).
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Can't stand any X factor song (do people consider these classics?!)
    Any song by a boyband
    Any song by the Beatles or Bee Gees (though my dad likes the Bee Gees)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving You Is Easy Cause Your Beautiful by Minnie Ripperton.
    And all songs by The Carpenters (hearing Karen's voice is like chewing cotton).
    I agree with all about Elvis (The King!!!!!!!!!! how come?).

:eek::(

Most people consider hers to be the most beautiful white female voice of all time. Yeah, some of the songs are a bit cheesy but she wasn't really a songwriter, most of the time she just sang what Richard, Herb Alpert and other put in front of her. But it doesn't lessen her talent.
    I find songs like 'One More Time' from the Kind of Hush album deeply moving and, in view of what happened, very sad. But hey, that's music, none of us are hearing the same thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    anything by mariah carey or whitney houston deemed to be a classic by the x factor crew.

100% This. :D

And on the U2 thing lol!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand any X factor song (do people consider these classics?!)
    Any song by a boyband

I don't think many people consider these classics.
    The main aspect of this type of confession is to come out and admit you don't like something that most people regard as cool. This has the danger of making you instantly uncool.

It's cool to hate Oasis now, but somehow Pulp are still a 'protected species' and I don't know why.
    The Smiths as well. Everyone laughs at Morrissey these days and then says 'ah, but he was really good when he was in the Smiths!' Was he? All my ears heard was his self-pitying droning ruining some good riffs. If I could listen to instrumental versions of The Smiths songs, I might like them more. :p

And finally. BLOODY ELBOW! 'One Day Like This' is one dull, repetitive dirge, why is this considered a modern classic? Why is this dull, dreary band feted and winning prizes? Can't stand em, Doves undoubtedly rule and should be getting all the kudos Elbow are now receiving.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ceb1988 wrote: »
    I really dont want the Smiths to reunite- they should do nothing that could tarnish their wonderful legacy.

I want them to reunite just because it would be so cool, but I don't want them to in case it ruined it!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    i'm with you one hundred percent! bono's voice grates on me like no other - and that's without factoring in his "personality"

don't get me started on bono! i can't stand his personality or anything - i think he's rather full of himself. if i see him on tv i have to switch off or change the channel. he is soooo annoying!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JonSend wrote: »
    100% This. :D

And on the U2 thing lol!

good taste :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Totally agree with you there, I honestly don't understand the hype surrounding them!