The Crew

Comments

• whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drive Club isn't open world. It's a closed circuit racer with a set number of tracks.

In my personal view with Horizon it's really all about the cars, you get over 200 at launch all fully modelled from interior to exterior, tonnes of customisation, tuning, liveries etc. Photo mode is a popular feature also.

You can challenge other Festival players (which in single player will be your friends Drivitar) to short one-on-one races as you cruise. There's also now an RPG-like mechanic which allows you to unlock and equip perks as you meet a set number of challenges. Of course the main career has 100's of races itself and each one doubles as a Rivals event too. There is a story that you follow as well but it's probably not going to be too great. If multiplayer is more your thing you can just drop in and drop out with no lobbies and occupy the same game world as other people.

Overall though I would say for single player Barn Finds are the inital hook to the game and it keeps you excited as you explore. Hidden throughout the world are barns which contain exclusive cars (which are brand new to Forza), once you find them you get them repaired and then you get to own it. In Horizon 2 the Barn Finds are said to have been expanded upon, better hidden and more of them.

Yeah, i keep thinking DriveClub is open world but it isn't. I'll be getting that on PS+ anyway, so i'll play before if i buy.

Regarding Horizon, i haven't a clue what the festival stuff is about. Its meant to be a driving game not a music festival! If MP is done seaminglessly, i'll be in that all the time.

I never got the barn finds, having watched Horizon1 on twitch. The devs said these barn finds will be harder to find because the world is so much larger. Yeah that sounds fun. Drive round loads and dont find anything.

But i own and XBONE now so i'll enjoy it :D
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    The 2nd PC Beta is running through this week & Ubisoft have sent me 3 additional keys if anyone wants one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my racing fix this year Forza Horizon 2 and the crew will do very nicely.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a key too just now, will check it out later.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 2nd PC Beta is running through this week & Ubisoft have sent me 3 additional keys if anyone wants one.

Yes please if you have any left.
    Forum Member
    Yes please if you have any left.
    Check your PM.

Something I've noticed with this beta compared to the 1st is that there seems to be a lot more road traffic which is both good & bad. Good because it gives everything a bit of extra life, But bad because its possibly a bit too much & they get in the way a lot more, Especially when your trying to do one of the extra side challenges (Slalom, Drive through gates etc...).

Also seems like the controls have been tightened up a bit. One of the things I hated with the 1st beta is that with the 360 pad on PC the controls were too twitchy, Too sensitive & imprecise. That all seems a lot better now & it makes things feel better.

I never tried it with a wheel before, I plan to plug my DFGT in tomorrow & see how it feels with that once I get it setup & dialed in.

Something I criticized before & still think is a bit of an issue now is that the actual driving is still a bit dull, Especially the lengthy rural journey's from city to city where there isn't a lot going on.
    Last time I spent most my time just following the story missions, This time I decided to just drive about doing nothing in particular, Just exploring & I've been finding that quite boring so I've gone back to doing the story missions again.

It was also a bit irritating that having started just driving about to other cities that most of the extra side challenges in those cities are locked if you go there before the story tells you to go there.
    I decided just to drive from Detroit (Where you start) to New York which took maybe 10-15 minutes & when I got there I found there was literally nothing to do as everything was locked until I got to a much higher driver level.
    Its perhaps not entirely unexpected in a way, But its disappointing to find that perhaps things are not quite as open as some are expecting them to be.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess that's why it's region locked on Steam. Get in the sales during beta period
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's ok the and the world is huge maybe I would grab if really cheap in a sale, doesn't look that great though playing at maxed with x4.

Was it locked for anyone else at 30fps?
    Forum Member
    Was it locked for anyone else at 30fps?
    Yeah, The 1st beta was as well.
    Forum Member
    As I said I was going to last night I played it with a wheel for the 1st time today & I have to say that anyone out there with a wheel must play this with it, Its taken the driving from a bit dull to quite fun.

I tend not to play the more arcade handling titles with a wheel as I've found they usually play better with a pad, This however plays brilliantly with a wheel, Its no wonder they have had the rig with a wheel setup at some of the events its been at.

Just a bit annoyed they decided to take the servers offline for maintenance in the middle of my gaming session as I was really getting into it.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Has anyone heard anything about the console beta? I know they said late September so I would hope to have heard something by now.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This looks quite good....online only
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Closed beta starts this Tuesday. Anyone had confirmation that they have been selected to participate?
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beta codes are rolling out right now. Check your inboxes.
  • iDirtyPenguiniDirtyPenguin Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    If anyone gets a PS4 Beta key and doesn't want it, give me a shout!
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Just found out about this signed up for the beta yesterday would love to get one.

If anyone gets a spare code on PS4 versionto pass on can you please PM me one
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    i think the console keys are locked to your UPlay email address, so not sure if they can be handed out.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The game has been delayed until December. There will be another beta in November.
    Forum Member
    The game has been delayed until December. There will be another beta in November.

I don't know if I will get this yet but I think the release schedule is a little crowded over the next few months so it's probably just as well for me it got delayed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    I don't know if I will get this yet but I think the release schedule is a little crowded over the next few months so it's probably just as well for me it got delayed.

December 2nd
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Typical Ubisoft.

Every game they make gets delayed, plus it was out a couple of days before Assassins Creed: Unity

Id imagine thats why it got pushed to December.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Typical Ubisoft.

Every game they make gets delayed, plus it was out a couple of days before Assassins Creed: Unity

Id imagine thats why it got pushed to December.

it could even get delayed till 2015
    Forum Member
    It look like Emails have started going out for the second Crew beta test.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,266
    Forum Member
    Yep I had an email earlier from Ubisoft saying I'd been selected.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been selected for the beta on my ps4. How do console betas work - it says I will receive a key - how do I download the game though??