The Flash - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

Comments

• whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    It's the same episode. :)

You really should. :)

To be honest, it may just be a matter of time. I know when I first started watching Arrow, I wasn't overjoyed with it, it was just something else to watch, but I guess I grew with the show and am glad I started with it as I love it now. I suspect the same will be the case for Flash.

Hi

Maybe I will give ARROW a go - will look to see if the first season is on one of the netflix regions - or maybe Hulu Plus............

My list of things that I am watching is growing by the week !!

Glad the Strain has just finished to free up a bit of space.........

Currently ploughing my way through Fringe on Netflix (just started season 3) plus.....

The FLASH, Resurrection, Blacklist, Forvever, Agents of Shield, Supernatural, Walking Dead's back on this weekend, Z Nation, GOTHAM, Castle, Voice USA, How to Get Away With Murder, Scorpion , Homeland, Stalker....phew !!!

Think that's it................but American Horror Story is back tonight and The 100 next week.

I am Disabled but do run my own business so I do have a LOT of time spent in bed so it does help to pass the time............just a month ago I was struggling for stuff to watch !

Dave
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw the initial ratings: it got a 1.8 and over 4 m which beat everyone else including Agents of shield. It has been heavily promoted so we will see how it fares. The chief exec did say though that they are now going back to family fare.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    whiteswan wrote: »
    My list of things that I am watching is growing by the week
    Hah, I know how you feel. There are periods in the year where I've literally nothing to watch, and then everything comes at once. Manic.
    whiteswan wrote: »
    Glad the Strain has just finished to free up a bit of space.........

The FLASH, Resurrection, Blacklist, Forvever, Agents of Shield, Supernatural, Walking Dead's back on this weekend, Z Nation, GOTHAM, Castle, Voice USA, How to Get Away With Murder, Scorpion , Homeland, Stalker....phew !!!

Think that's it................but American Horror Story is back tonight and The 100 next week.
    We share a few shows of interest it seems, though I didn't think the 100 was back on so soon (assuming you're referring to the second season?).

Regardless, should you find yourself at a loss, without anything to watch in the future, might I suggest Continuum, Dominion, Falling Skies (earlier episodes are better), Game of Thrones, Helix, Sleepy Hollow (you should like this if you enjoy Supernatural), The Originals (Vampire Diaries spinoff), and (whilst cancelled, it made for excellent viewing; Spartacus.
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW, The Flash just adjusted up in the final ratings - 1.9 and 4.8m viewers! Huge, huge numbers! One of CW's biggest ever launches, I think.
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    i thought the first episode was going to be a new one, didn't know it was a reshowing of the pilot episode.
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought the first episode was going to be a new one, didn't know it was a reshowing of the pilot episode.
    It was a new episode - if you didn't watch the pirated online version! That episode wasn't a 'reshow', it's never been on TV before!
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well...I was really excited for this show. After watching the pilot, I'm quite disapponited. While Grant did an excellent job in the role of Barry, I feel most of the other characters are extremely lacking. I found quite a bit of the chatty scenes cringeworthy at best.

Again, Grant is the perfect Barry for me, but I just don't think I'll be sticking with the show. I hope it does well, but as a huge Flash fan, I think I'm going to call quits on the pilot and stay clear.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Done nothing to convince me it won't be another Smallville :(

Pilot episodes are rarely good though, so.......
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    It wasn't a terrible first episode, it could get much better once the show finds its feet.

My only worry is the Barry/Iris relationship could end up like Clark/Lana from Smallville. I don't have the patience to go through that kind of rubbish again.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amanda Pays from the 90s version has signed up for the new show

http://tvline.com/2014/09/15/the-flash-cast-amanda-pays-dr-tina-mcgee-the-cw/

Victor Garber has been cast as the other half of Firestorm

http://tvline.com/2014/10/09/the-flash-casts-victor-garber-firestorm/
  • BlisterBlister Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I liked it. It probably helps that I really like The Flash as a superhero.
    I feel most of the other characters are extremely lacking.
    I guess this would be my biggest worry, but you can't tell such things from a pilot. It takes a while to build characters and for the show to settle in. We were not really told anything about the two assistants, or much about the cop's daughter or her boyfriend. Although, from what I understand,
    he might end up being a supervillain, possibly the one who killed Barry's mother.

Then you have a bit of intrigue at the end with the guy not being paraplegic and seeing the future. I think the creators know what they're doing because they've had a lot of practice on Arrow.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I think it's going to turn out Barry was slightly wrong about the guy in red killing his mother.
    I think it will turn out Barry himself was the guy in red and The Reverse-Flash/Prof Zoom was also there and he killed her
    Forum Member
    I think the second episode here showed further promise, and you can easily tell the same crew are behind it with some of the lines:

Detective: "I used to think the fastest man in the world could run a mile in four minutes, not four seconds."
    Barry: "I can do it in three."
    Pause
    Barry: "But that's completely irrelevant to the conversation."

^ Might not be exact quotes. I'm still perplexed by that wheelchair unbound scientist (I'll have to pick up the names at a later date, it's only been two episodes), and the whole time travel element they're eventually going to bring into the show.

I suppose, if time travel is to be an element, then
    Ollie (Arrow) can travel back in time and stop Sara from being killed.
    :p
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting a Nikita-vibe from the show in that everything zips along with little faf. Other series could have strung out that "Barry feels sick after running" storyline for a number eps, but here they skip all that "trying to hide it from them" faf and jumps to him owning up. Similarly that "He's be called the Flash" line. We all knew it was coming so it's great they got it outta the way early on.
    What I loved about Nikita was each ep being filled with important key story points, the absence of "blind alley" type storylines (ones that went no where and meant you coulda skipped that ep without losing track of what's going on) and it's like the Flash ptb are doing something similar - and more power to 'em :)

ps. I also think it's great how followers of the comic book are hiding their predictions behind spoiler tags for newbies like me. :D
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is wells a good'un or a bad'un?
    I'm thinking he is going to be a similar type to Malcolm Merlyn in Arrow. Still not sure either why the wheelchair? Can he see the future or is it he has a machine that can see the future and anyone can use it if they get in the room?
    I can't help but feel that unlike Arrow, where his ID is secret to all but one or two people and it was kept secret for a long time, Flash is going to be known by almost everyone by the time we get to Mid-Season.
    It's alright I suppose.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the new episode, would have liked to see more of the villain though but just like with Arrow it will take about half a season before villains get any decent development.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of villain, was it just me that thought he looked a little bit like Tom Cruise in some shots?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Well it looks like we'll have two different actors playing The Flash as Ezra Miller has been cast for the 2018 movie. Saying that, who's to say the TV show will still be on the air by then. Plus who do have two different actors playing Quicksilver now, Evan Peters in the X-Men franchise and Aaron Taylor-Johnson in the Avengers franchise.
    Forum Member
    I'm unsure if Wells is good or bad I know he killed someone but in Smallville sometimes a good guy killed someone to protect Clark (Chloe springs to mind)

Maybe he wants to keep The Flash alive and well for personal gain or maybe as time travel seems to be involved it could be something simple like The Flash saves him in the future so he needs him save (I doubt that theory)

One theory I read is he is Barry from the future as they do look alike

Wells

Barry

Not sure that will happen but I do agree there is a resemblance there

I am interested where they are going with this as no matter who he is it's obvious he knows everything about The Flash even his future to the day he vanishes.

I also think the accident wasn't a accident and he sabotaged the particle accelerator to create The Flash and perhaps the other Metahumans and may even have powers himself
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Wells is going to be the major villain. I get the feeling if the series keeps strong he might be a Regina type character (Once Upon A Time). Evil at first but goes on a redemption arc.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    I don't think Wells is going to be the major villain. I get the feeling if the series keeps strong he might be a Regina type character (Once Upon A Time). Evil at first but goes on a redemption arc.

I don't think he is going to be evil I think he is probably from the future and came back or sees the future and wants to ensure events happen the way they are supposed to and I suspect the particle accelerator failed on purpose as that was always the plan and it all has something to do with Barry disappearing in the future, which I suspect he travels back In time somehow to his mums death.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    2FS wrote: »
    My only worry is the Barry/Iris relationship could end up like Clark/Lana from Smallville. I don't have the patience to go through that kind of rubbish again.

Oh yes, I know what you mean. Valuable screen time is taken up with utter twaddle. When, if this was real, he'd simply tell her how he feels and who he is, after which the David Beckham look-alike would be history!
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    So is wells a good'un or a bad'un?
    I don't know. Remains to be seen. Antihero maybe?
    F1etch wrote: »
    Can he see the future or is it he has a machine that can see the future and anyone can use it if they get in the room?
    As far as we're aware, he can only see snippets of the future from that device he has.
    Well it looks like we'll have two different actors playing The Flash as Ezra Miller has been cast for the 2018 movie. Saying that, who's to say the TV show will still be on the air by then.
    Stupid decision by DC if you ask me. They should have tied the tv series into the films. They'd then have already fleshed out some of the characters, and they could have slowly introduced other ones as cameos. We know that Batman exists within the TV Universe (there was a reference in episode #1 of Flash on the time travel device about a merge of Queen Consolidated and Wayne Enterprises or something, no?

Hopefully the tv series will go on for a long time, and we'll see some of the other heroes (though I'm not quite expecting Superman or the Green Lantern to show up on our tv screens anytime soon).
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »

Hopefully the tv series will go on for a long time, and we'll see some of the other heroes (though I'm not quite expecting Superman or the Green Lantern to show up on our tv screens anytime soon).

There is a Supergirl TV series in the works so maybe that will also crossover and if Supergirl exists in the Arrow/Flash universe it's most likely Superman will.