Options

Christine Bleakley looking bland on This Morning

jaanfxjaanfx Posts: 264
Forum Member
Anyone know what is wrong with her at the moment? She is a very good looking woman and can pull of any dress but so far this year has been looking bland on This Morning.

She's being dressed up in bland stuff. Like she's workhbg at the office or is a lawyer. Her hair is simple and the make up is non existent. It's like watching a man. Phillip Schofield looks more hot than her.

Holly Willoughby dressed in bright looking clothes and was always cheerful. Amanda Holden and Ruth Langsford dress better.

Is she poorly or is she just trying something else.

Comments

• Options
    PatrickBateman1PatrickBateman1 Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop being so shallow.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Christine is OK to be honest. But she seems to be used by ITV as a 'spare part' since contracting her for Daybreak all those years back! She was used as replacement for Holly in 'Dancing on Ice', now she is replacing Amanda Holden - the temporary replacement for Holly, until Amanda returns next month! :confused: What's next for poor Christine? Part-time weather girl after the news? Side-kick to Harry Hill??
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CB looks bland and sounds bland all the time, she makes viewers switch off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Things are looking bleak?
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's so skinny sitting next to Phillip Schofield it makes him look like Mr Muscle in comparison.
  • Options
    dorkjacksndorkjacksn Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    CB looks bland and sounds bland all the time, she makes viewers switch off.

I genuinely used to enjoy her chemistry Adrian Chiles and presenting style back in The One Show days.

Nowadays she just seems bland, inoffensive and humourless and has started to resemble a grinning, emaciated wooden lollipop.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorkjacksn wrote: »
    I genuinely used to enjoy her chemistry Adrian Chiles and presenting style back in The One Show days.

Nowadays she just seems bland, inoffensive and humourless and has started to resemble a grinning, emaciated wooden lollipop.

Ah, poor Christine, leave her alone.

She's alright really. She IS bland. That's sort of her job isn't it?
    Heaven forbid she should upstage the Silver Fox! :o

Actually, the dynamic is different on This Morning. Pip Schof is the 'star' now and he needs 'arm candy' so it seems.
    On the One Show Christine shines more than the male co-host. Unless it's Chris Evans of course.......
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems nice and has done the best thing possible with trolls and criticism....ignored it. I see that there is less criticism on twitter now and more positive comments than negative ones on facebook. I prefer more demure presenters to loud, crude attention seeking ones.
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop being so shallow.

Read the original post, scrolled down and saw this - didn't need to read any more of the thread. Quite right.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's one of many reasonably attractive female presenters, she was at one time "flavour of the month." But eventually some of the public realise these women often know naff-all about anything, aren't particularly interesting people in themselves and they start to fall out of favour with the networks.

Perhaps the reality has dawned on her. Her name in conjunction with a topic as a programme title, always meant I wouldn't watch it. But she's not on her own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Funny but true sadly and mostly by other women
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Christine and much prefer her to Amanda
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP I find her very bland. Much prefer Holly or Amanda, at least they come across as alive :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she the one that looks like Tim Burton's Jack Skellington, only, with less meat on her?
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geoff_Mack wrote: »
    Is she the one that looks like Tim Burton's Jack Skellington, only, with less meat on her?

There easy to tell apart - one of them is quite animated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    She seems nice and has done the best thing possible with trolls and criticism....ignored it.

People shouldn't always ignore criticism, in this case, it is almost certainly justified.
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A woman so devoid of personality, I'm willing to wager her farts are inaudible and scentless.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People shouldn't always ignore criticism, in this case, it is almost certainly justified.
    You criticised her for being thin and bland. How can personal opinion like that be classed as justified criticism?
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    I think she's lovely. Never understood the inexplicable wave of hatred towards her. A much easier watch than Amanda or Holly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    A woman so devoid of personality, I'm willing to wager her farts are inaudible and scentless.

Well you can't please eveyone. I detest when people get silly talking about farting.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her, but out of all three, I much prefer Amanda. She is bright and cheerful and has an infectious laugh.
  • Options
    riversmumriversmum Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorkjacksn wrote: »

I agree, I don't know what they've done to her.
    I thought yesterday that she looked ill and she is too thin. I'm not a big fan of Amanda Holden normally but I think she's done a great job on this morning and am really not enjoying it since Christine took over. Rather have any of the other 3, I like Ruth too.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danslink wrote: »
    I think she's lovely. Never understood the inexplicable wave of hatred towards her. A much easier watch than Amanda or Holly.

"Lovely?"

A rather damning description of someone who wants to be taken seriously.

Sorry, "lovely" doesn't really cut it, for many.

Give over with the "hate" accusations.
    I don't think anyone has sad that. They just see her for what she is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    "Lovely?"

A rather damning description of someone who wants to be taken seriously.

Sorry, "lovely" doesn't really cut it, for many.

Give over with the "hate" accusations.
    I don't think anyone has sad that. They just see her for what she is.

There is nothing wrong with 'lovely' as a description of someone. Would you rather a modern, severe American 'Awesome'?

Give me 'lovely' any day.