Is X Factor losing it's appeal?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
Forum Member
I was once its biggest fan and loved everything about it and it would be the topic of converstion at work for the week following any vote off.
Now I only watch it on Sky+ so I can FFwd adverts and recaps etc and any performance I am not enjoying.
The childish behaviour of the judges annoys me and also the smug smiles and whisperings between Cheryl and Simon which I find very rude.
I think I just find it verging on boring and even the judges comments are predicatable and I really used to enjoy it so much :(

Comments

• rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know not for me. It's something I look forward to on a Saturday.

Peps me up before I hit the town but as the cold nights come on its great to have something entertaining to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect a sharp drop in ratings this Saturday. Once Katie goes, the ratings would rise again. :p
  • CorkonionCorkonion Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well lets be honest... the show runs for way to long now... i think the first show was almost three hours.... we have other things to do at weekends.....thank f*** for sky+
  • Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday's cannot come quick enough. I'm lovin' it.

I might even start voting.
  • BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an X-Factor/Big Brother bastard child now, if anything is mass appeal is greater than ever.

But it's probably peaking this year as the whole concept begins to eat itself.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect a sharp drop in ratings this Saturday. Once Katie goes, the ratings would rise again. :p

Katie staying seemed to give the show a massive boost last time. Both Saturday and Sundays ratings were record highs! ;)

It'll probably be down this week, though. The result wasn't half as controversial as the week before because he went on the public vote and the Royal Wedding has stolen the front pages this week!
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

U'd think that but although its contraversial as hell, is anyone actually not gonna watch it because of what happened ... A few might but i think a sharp dip in ratings is unlikely !!
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    i love the x factor, however this year, i really cannot say who i want to win as most are just average.
    I do however want Katie, cher and wagner to go.
    I really want it to be a singing competition and not a entertainment show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    It annoyed me that Simon kept Katie in with the explanation he found her interesting as only a couple of years before he had voted out someone who was in the bottom for the third time saying we have to listen to the public :confused:
    Can't remember who it was though...put it down to an age thing ;)

Also he likes acts to make songs their own but 1D just do, imo, copycat versions.
  • mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last week saw 17m tune in. its seems to be getting more popular if anything.
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrellis33 wrote: »
    Closer to 18 million, actually.

No, it's not losing it's appeal. Katie has taken the show to whole new levels of popularity. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people are tuning in for all the wrong reasons. They are not watching to be entertained or to judge at home who is the best singer, they just want to see the 'shocks'. I suppose everybody wants something to talk about at school or in the workplace, and at the moment the X-Factor is it, so people tune in so they can be involved in those convos. (In my humble opnion, of course.)

They (ITV & Cowell) know what they are doing alright. The sad thing is the massive viewing figures give the impression people are enthralled by the competition, when really it is just car-crash telly for a lot of people.
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect it will be taken off air once Katie goes. Who on Earth wants to watch the rest of them? Better performances down every local pub up and down the country. Does anybody care who is going to become the next Joe McElderry? Of course not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    I have stopped watching now. I can't stand the Cowell & Cole Show any longer. Even my love for Dannii can't make me tune in. It's completely contrived & we all fall for it. Not any more, Simon.
  • Truth TellerTruth Teller Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    mrellis33 wrote: »

I think that had more to do with who was perfrming that night JLS, Westlife and the reunion of Take That and Robbie.......;)
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that had more to do with who was perfrming that night JLS, Westlife and the reunion of Take That and Robbie.......;)
    No, the peak ratings weren't for them. In fact, JLS and Westlife in particular were well down from that.

People tuned in to see Katie. :)
  • OG48OG48 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do English winners perform in other countrys xfactor every year and yet Simon does not invite other country 's winners over here?
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lajoni wrote: »
    I was once its biggest fan and loved everything about it and it would be the topic of converstion at work for the week following any vote off.
    Now I only watch it on Sky+ so I can FFwd adverts and recaps etc and any performance I am not enjoying.
    The childish behaviour of the judges annoys me and also the smug smiles and whisperings between Cheryl and Simon which I find very rude.
    I think I just find it verging on boring and even the judges comments are predicatable and I really used to enjoy it so much :(

Xfactor lots its appeal last year when those bellends Jedward were allowed to stay on longer then they should.

Nothing the show does is suprising any more tbh all to predictable and boring
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xfactor lots its appeal last year when those bellends Jedward were allowed to stay on longer then they should.

Nothing the show does is suprising any more tbh all to predictable and boring

Oh I want to give you a big prize for calling them that! :D It's so appropriate, and one of my favourite insults.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    OG48 wrote: »
    Why do English winners perform in other countrys xfactor every year and yet Simon does not invite other country 's winners over here?

Because other countries' winners are actually talented and would show the crappy X factor winners for what they are !!
  • alfaalfa Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother never recovered from manipulating the programme, inserting new contestants to liven things up and bringing back contestants ho had been voted out.

The same is about to happen to X Factor. Who wants to vote if it doesn't matter?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    I loved x factor , it brought our family together on a Saturday and sparked debate over who liked who ...now it's all about who they want to shove down the publics throat. It's about headlines and judges favouritism. I actually feel like the public play no part in the show at all. Like my five year old son I am rooting for Waggy this year
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its very twitter/facebook orientated now like all reality shows.

This in turn heightens the likelyhood of very bad winners
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    I also must state that Cowell/Cole make uncomfortable viewing for me' these days. It has ruined the show for me' 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree it has lost the appeal for me too. Its all fixed by Simon Cowell and its just not as fun anymore