Options

Amazon gift card - where to buy?

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    BIB

Think you missed the point that was being made, the point is most people never actually treat themselves as the cash is swallowed up on everyday living

exactly..i treat myself with the gift cards and buy my dvd horrors with :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB

Think you missed the point that was being made, the point is most people never actually treat themselves as the cash is swallowed up on everyday living

But the 'everyday living' has to be paid for regardless, doesn't it?
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    proviso wrote: »
    But the 'everyday living' has to be paid for regardless, doesn't it?

You are not going to "get it" are you. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've asked for an Amazon gift card so I can buy books for my kindle. I know that if I just had money I'd end up spending the money on something everyday and not a treat for myself. Even though the everyday stuff needs paying for, it's nice to be able to treat yourself. And giftcards look better
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i got two amazon gift cards, but dont know what to buy ..maybe some dvd horrors :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    why are they now £25 ?

Thats far too much IMO..you could get the £10 ones which were better..As someone who has to watch their money, i think its abit steep :( ..i looked in shops for a cheaper one but they just stock the dear one
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    why are they now £25 ?

Thats far too much IMO..you could get the £10 ones which were better..As someone who has to watch their money, i think its abit steep :( ..i looked in shops for a cheaper one but they just stock the dear one

Research, Research, Research!!!

You can get them from 10p online. You can get them, emailed, Printed or order an actual gift card to be delivered directly from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/gc/ref=topnav_giftcert
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Research, Research, Research!!!

You can get them from 10p online. You can get them, emailed, Printed or order an actual gift card to be delivered directly from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/gc/ref=topnav_giftcert

i dont buy online..this is why i buy from shops..scroll of the number and goes onto amazon account without the direct debit cards etc
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i dont buy online..this is why i buy from shops..scroll of the number and goes onto amazon account without the direct debit cards etc

It's quite ironic that you don't buy online. You have a computer. Yet you're happy to go to a shop to by a gift card for an online store? :confused:
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    I've spoken to someone online on the Amazon site and they told me you can get them from Superdrug,Wilkinson,Sainsbury's,Shell and are expanding.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I buy gift cards not for other people but for myself since it's the only way I can legally spend money on Amazon and therefore purchase things which are only available online.

If you want to rant at someone, have a rant at Amazon or other internet companies for making it so bloody hard for under 18s to spend money on the internet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    My mum's forbidden from using her debit/credit card on Amazon, in case her details are nicked :(

The risk is probably about as much as her details getting nicked in a shop, but hey ho.

Anyway, if she could buy a gift card in a physical shop, she could then spend the money online in Amazon and get the benefits of far cheaper prices.

So this is why I've been very interested in everyone's answers here. I was sure I'd seen them somewhere but my local Morrisons (Reading) didn't have them.
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like amazon gift cards. I prefer using them to using my debit card. Same with buying games for the kids on the wii and PS networks, I buy the relevant giftcards in a shop.I consider it safer, plus I know exactly when that money has left my account.