Is this forum just 'Team Victim' always and forever?

iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
Forum Member
I mean seriously?
At the beginning of the series when Perez and Nadia were reasonably popular in the house and were picking at the likes of Ken and Katie Hopkins everyone hated them

Now that roles have reversed and Katie Hopkins, Michelle etc are the popular ones in the house and Perez is hated, this forum has reversed too and suddenly loves Perez, claiming that Katie H is 'bullying' him?

Rather sudden/random change, and I can't help but look at it as if this forum will just support whoever is the outcast/underdog

Comments

• connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    I mean seriously?
    At the beginning of the series when Perez and Nadia were reasonably popular in the house and were picking at the likes of Ken and Katie Hopkins everyone hated them

Now that roles have reversed and Katie Hopkins, Michelle etc are the popular ones in the house and Perez is hated, this forum has reversed too and suddenly loves Perez, claiming that Katie H is 'bullying' him?

Rather sudden/random change, and I can't help but look at it as if this forum will just support whoever is the outcast/underdog
    I have always dislike Perez and liked the Katie & Michelle "team".
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you check the popularity poll you will see that Hopkins is still favourite by a considerable margin. So no. This forum is the total reverse of Team Victim.

More like Team Victimise.
  • PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
    Forum Member
    pretty much
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really is pathetic. Perez has been a disgrace but now Hopkins is public enemy No.1 with the main forum. Seriously.....
  • changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right.

The Forum - and the wider public have a long history of supporting the underdog. Look at some of the past winners.

Nothing wrong with that - except all HMs are aware of it and many are happy to set themselves up as VICTIM in order to garner support.

Personally, I've supported victims, I've supported Power HMs too. But I've never supported anyone who set themself up as Victim. I can't support anyone who is playing me. Play the game by all means, but don't play me.
  • Scamps8Scamps8 Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mean seriously?

You may be right.

Another thing that is strange though is that none remembers that Nadia's has made it clear from day one she hates Hopkins and is never going to be her friend or change her opinion, so if Perez is doing her work for her by anti Hopkins behaviour, she hasn't and is not going to stop him.

It is all working in her favour, especially if she overdramatises Hopkins telling Perez to stop something as it draws everyone's attention more to it, being a negative for Hopkins. I think Nadia's knows exactly what she is doing and is no innocent. Good gameplan??
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    yep this forum loves a victim :D
  • jobieladjobielad Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People on here get so passionate and emotive about certain housemates every year. I try to look at things a bit more objectively so my judgement isn't clouded. That way I get a much more interesting picture for me. When I see some of the comments it can be off putting for a lively discussion and I don't believe in the underdog syndrome. Every contestant on there nowadays goes in with a motive - money, resurrection of a career, new opportunities. They also by now should know the boredom, the feeling like a prisoner and fellow game players will make for extreme discomfort at times. So to me, there are no underdogs. The underdog can always walk away. My personal choice is about who is the nicest person in there (my nice may not be another forum members choice) I try not to get caught up in forum hysteria as after all, it is only a game and at the end of the day the players know the score. I like joining in forum discussions and often give a perspective I hope is different to the main one just to join in the debate I hope it provokes. Sadly when passion is in sometimes rational thinking is out though and what I think is a reasonable point I may have presented badly in actual fact or is perceived by another poster as a gross injustice to their chosen favourite. It's good though when we have fun posters livening our forum up or a really good debate on here
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The forum is more like Team I don't like that person so anyone who does, only does so because they are perceived as a victim ......... *yawn*
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    If you check the popularity poll you will see that Hopkins is still favourite by a considerable margin. So no. This forum is the total reverse of Team Victim.

More like Team Victimise.

Good post.

And yet the dominant theme on DS has often been that the most powerful and runaway favourite HM is actually the unpopular underdog. Or that his/her fans are. Go figure.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some comments are far worse than what anything a h/m says and there are a few posters that are ott in the extreme and that is when the ignore button is your friend.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    It's not about being a victim, maybe because they are on their own they are able to shine bright as an individual, while the others start morphing together as a group.
    Individuals win BB, not groups.

Anyway, it's fun to challenge and change your opinions because that's what the majority of the voters do, they vote on a whim. It's more fun than being stuck to one housemate all series and refusing to believe they do anything wrong.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    It's not about being a victim, maybe because they are on their own they are able to shine bright as an individual, while the others start morphing together as a group.
    Individuals win BB, not groups.

Anyway, it's fun to challenge and change your opinions because that's what the majority of the voters do, they vote on a whim. It's more fun than being stuck to one housemate all series and refusing to believe they do anything wrong.
    How exactly has Perez 'shined brightly'? :confused:
  • pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike both Katie H and Perez and do not see either of them as victims, they both make their livings out of being nasty to others and deserve any bucket of sh*t that is thrown their way.

However, I dislike Katie H slightly more than Perez, purely because her choice of people to villify tend to be ordinary real life people who really do not deserve her vitriol and not the celebrities that Perez tends to take aim at, who, up to a point, have chosen their lives to be put under a spotlight.

So at the moment, I am quite enjoying the battle of the sh*ts, which, in my opinion, Perez is winning, which is fine by me and really makes Katie the underdog of the two of them.

Neither of them deserves support, but currently Perez is amusing me more out of the two of them.
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    Well what about Nadia? She is heavily victimised here (caught in the crossfire between Gobkins & Perez); unfairly and EXTREMELY so, i.e. a thread had to be closed because of the intensity of the bitching towards her. Who else is targeted on that scale here????

I constantly try to redress the balance and stick up for her (as do others here) since her good intentions are frequently glossed over in the biaised motive of certain people dissing her regardless.

I hope that the support of the general public to save Nadia now will make such posters take stock and review their clouded attitude.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I give every one benefit of the doubt when they go in, don't take much notice of the promo vids as usually they are saying anything to get in. Judge on what happens int he house, was not on anyone's side first week I thought they were all equally appalling (Keith I couldn't decide if he was playing a game) disliked Alexander and Ken, didn't like how people were taking Perez so seriously and have basically found myself wondering why grown ups cannot see what he is doing.

Decided I cannot like Katie H, and Michelle and think Cami Li is appalling.
    Like Nadia and Keith and wouldn't mind if either of them or Perez won.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or rather people are just seeing Katie for the vile TROLLop she is now... (Don't know what took so long, mind) but better late than never eh? She actually IS obsessed with Perez it dangerous and always spoiling for an argument with him.
  • MistyEyes321MistyEyes321 Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    You're right.

The Forum - and the wider public have a long history of supporting the underdog. Look at some of the past winners.

Nothing wrong with that - except all HMs are aware of it and many are happy to set themselves up as VICTIM in order to garner support.

Personally, I've supported victims, I've supported Power HMs too. But I've never supported anyone who set themself up as Victim. I can't support anyone who is playing me. Play the game by all means, but don't play me.

Well said.

Not just this forum but most reality forums do the same thing, Find someone they can make the victim & if they say it loud enough & long enough then. Hey Presto we have a new Victim & we will all stand together & fight the great fight to make our victim a winner! Works every time, Just like that :p
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've said many a time, I don't speak for 'the forum' and, as far as I know, 'the forum' doesn't speak as one person with one opinion .... so, no, I don't think so.

I don't like many of them in there, but each of them may make me annoyed, laugh, sympathise, agree with them at various points when they do or say something - doesn't mean suddenly I forget that they may not be particularly nice or pleasant, but serves to remind me that most people are made up of many personality traits.

I dislike Katie H intensely but have agreed with some of the things she's said as a housemate (that Perez is a coward and never owns things he says, for example). I like Nadia but don't always agree with her defense of Perez. I like Patsy but she comes over as a bit of a wimp, liked Michelle but have been disappointed by her - which isn't to say that I don't sometimes agree with something she might say... and so on.

I'd rather not choose a team, I'd rather watch the show and see how they are being that particular episode, or that particular conversation, and agree or disagree with that particular incident.

The only 'team' I'm on is mine :D
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,370
    Forum Member
    No, I don't think so. I think Katie H is still the most popular housemate by miles, and I think a lot of the people who dislike her, dislike Perez too, but just find him the lesser of two 'evils' (I know I do - and no, I don't consider either of them actually evil, just using the phrase!).

I think sometimes things seemed skewed, however, because maybe those with the opposing view to the majority (ie those who prefer Perez over Katie) feel they have to shout a bit louder, or start more threads, to be heard. I don't know, I'm just speculating here!

I also think with such a show as BB you have to expect a fair bit of fluidity in people's opinions from episode to episode.
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    I mean seriously?

I don't think that's the case...Helen won.

But to go into a bit more detail there is one pretty big flaw with your post while I appreciate the point you are trying to make.

By suggesting there is something wrong with the forum siding with "The Victim" then in a round about way it suggests that it is perfectly acceptable to support the person who makes "The Victim" feel victimised in the first place :confused:

If there is going to be a stereotype within the forumI would 1 Million times out of 1 Million throw my support towards someone who is being given a hard time...than the person giving the hard time :)
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In most BB's there has been, to some degree or other a 'victim'......what I have found is that because the mouthy, loud ones are often the forums favourite 'being honest, telling it like it is' etc , their actions are justified or even applauded .....there is an audience out there that have no problem or actually enjoy the poor treatment of others.....if someone is being victimised they actually (on this board anyway) have insults and the blame laid at there feet and accused of 'playing the victim card'.

It just so happens that in the current BB house, the occasions that Hopkins has blatantly tried her best to insult and ostracise those that do not tow the line have shown a lot more strength of character and she hasn't been able to continue.....for me anyway that shows those with bullying tendencies for what they truly are, weak and pathetic..........it doesn't automatically mean that those they target are likable people, just that some viewers don't see the poor treatment of others as particularly nice to watch.....I see Alicia was painted with 'playing the victim card' when she clearly did no such thing.......presumably to detract from acknowledging that a weak pack in there thought she was ripe for insults and initial attempts to ostracise her...thank fully for other strong characters in there I;e Nadia and Alicia herself they didn't succeed...but it wasn't for the lack of trying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    No.

• wakey1512wakey1512 Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    I mean seriously?

Victim of what? Answer me this and you might understand the reasons for Perez support.