Options

MILF kills over 30 police commandos

Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2015/01/dozens-police-commandos-killed-philippines-150125143349426.html

"More than 30 Philippine police commandos have been killed in a clash with fighters from the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) while hunting a top criminal suspect in the country's south, a local official has said.

Tahirudin Benzar Ampatuan, the mayor of Mamasapano, town told the AP news agency that dozens of police special action force members entered the village of Tukanalipao at dawn on Sunday to capture a bombing suspect.

As they entered the village, the police encountered and clashed with the MILF fighters in exchanges which lasted for 12 hours, the mayor said.

Ampatuan said some villagers entered the scene of the battle after the fighting subsided and retrieved at least five of the dead.
It was the biggest single-day combat loss for Philippine forces in many years.

The MILF, the largest rebel group in the south, accepted an autonomy offer from the government in March 2014, ending 45 years of conflict in which 120,000 people were killed and two million displaced.

Under the deal, brokered by Malaysia, the fighters were to surrender their weapons and disband after the government had set up a new autonomous government in the south and granted the Muslim minority wider economic and political power."

Seems like its kicking off in SE Asia too. TBH I had never heard of this MILF group. Quite shocking really.

Comments

• Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oohh, that MILF.
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

Yes, I was expecting something different too :D
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Was expecting some sex related mishap.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MILF and 30 stiffs? I've seen that film.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this was a sex game gone wrong.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was expecting some sex related mishap.

Hahaha sounds like some dodgy film ;-) :D
  • Options
    Tim_WilkesTim_Wilkes Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    You know, this is what happens when a whole bunch of people just get too eager.

And I'm waiting for the 'views' for this thread to go in the 100s of thousands in a couple of days time :D
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Looks like the OP was googling "MILF" today! ;-)

If we now get any news stories involving the Technological Institute of Textile & Sciences or Business Unit Managers, we'll 'ave 'im bang to rights! :D
  • Options
    lee_sharplee_sharp Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could've been worse......could've been a gilf..
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gah :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lee_sharp wrote: »
    Could've been worse......could've been a gilf..

http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/granny-gun.jpg
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this was gonna be like something out of James Bond. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If we now get any news stories involving the Technological Institute of Textile & Sciences or Business Unit Managers, we'll 'ave 'im bang to rights! :D

Haha :p

I have the Al-Jaz news website 'liked' on my facebook and it popped up as breaking news.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    MILF and 30 stiffs? I've seen that film.

Hahahaha :D
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member

Or the Worms Against Nuclear Killers.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Haha :p

I have the Al-Jaz news website 'liked' on my facebook and it popped up as breaking news.

Yeah right ... and you were actually just fumbling for some loose change in your pocket at the time! :D
  • Options
    Forza FerrariForza Ferrari Posts: 7,433
    Forum Member
    What exactly is funny about this? I would bet if 30 coppers got shot in London then it would not be a laughing matter and nobody would be making jokes.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You mean Al-Jizz?
    What exactly is funny about this? I would bet if 30 coppers got shot in London then it would not be a laughing matter and nobody would be making jokes.

That's true, but because it's 1000s of miles away, we can get away with the responses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its the MILF thing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah right ... and you were actually just fumbling for some loose change in your pocket at the time! :D

:blush::blush::blush:
  • Options
    VDUBsterVDUBster Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn you Pumping Iron. You lured me in with the thought of an exciting story for this crap! >:(
  • Options
    Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milf Milf Milf Milf Milf
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I thought this was gonna be like something out of James Bond. :D

Xenia Onatopp-esque
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I might.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading the thread title I thought some sexy middle aged woman had gone raving mad