Options

Sack The Ee Writing Team!!!

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
Forum Member
✭✭
Plotlines on EE are GREAT but the writing is that of a muppet, I can not believe my licence fee actually goes to pay these morons!!!

It's actually really starting to annoy me as I love EE and their writing is slowly ruining the show.

Ben the stalker why oh why oh why?

No smoke detectors in the BB WTH?

Zainhab not been taken to hospital after Yusef drugged her and the police apparently showing up?

Roxy not been able to see Amy, although alleged inncidents from Social services the courts would order supervised access between Amy and Roxy and no mention of a cafcass officer.

Shanice the random child, where is her mother?

Ian and Mandy, the most ridiculous story EVER.

Syeed and Amira what the hell is going on there?

Tyler and Anthony the most over hyped arrivals of the year as they have done naff all but shag Whit and Lauren.

I know it's just a soap but come on ffs make it watchable for someone with an ounce of intelligence.

Comments

• Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    LOL I love rant like these! I do agree on most of what you're saying though
  • Options
    mandead88mandead88 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop paying your license. I did. Anything worth seeing is on iPlayer/4oD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it you don't watch often?
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not forgetting Zainab (in her nightie) and Yusef having a blazing row in the street and not one person heard them (Mas and Jane were right next door)

.... afterwards they calmly walk back inside and have a cup of tea.

It happens in all soaps though. :)
  • Options
    cloudy80cloudy80 Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    i agree just sack the writers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL I love rant like these! I do agree on most of what you're saying though

It's because I love the show but the bad standard of writing is getting worse by the week and what is even more annoying is the plotlines have sooooooo much potential and it makes me wanna scream when they mess it up.

Sorry for the rant :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw tonights and christmas days episodes, its the first time i have watched EE in a longtime. I really struggled with why anyone would want to watch this show now. There was a time years ago when it was quite a good show, but not now. Tonights ep especially was dreadful, the excruciating scenes of people screaming and crying just never seemed to end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The writer called Lauren Klee is awful. Whenever I hear she's wrote an episode I know it'll probably be bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bambii wrote: »
    I take it you don't watch often?

I've watched EE since it started and I love the show but this year the writing has been past terrible it's actually becoming embarrassing for the BBC IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    I saw tonights and christmas days episodes, its the first time i have watched EE in a longtime. I really struggled with why anyone would want to watch this show now. There was a time years ago when it was quite a good show, but not now. Tonights ep especially was dreadful, the excruciating scenes of people screaming and crying just never seemed to end.

Without watching the build up its hard to get into it I imagine. I watched Corrie tonight while waiting for EE to come on. I very rarely watch it, and I thought hmm Tracy still being a bitch, deirdre still covering for her, Ken still oblivious. Becky still sounding drunk all the time oh and michelle collins with an attempt at a manc accent lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I've watched EE since it started and I love the show but this year the writing has been past terrible it's actually becoming embarrassing for the BBC IMO.

So why are you not aware of what is happening with Amira and Syed and where Shanice's mother is?
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Shanice the random child, where is her mother?

Ian and Mandy, the most ridiculous story EVER.

Tyler and Anthony the most over hyped arrivals of the year as they have done naff all but shag Whit and Lauren.

I'm with you on those three points.

I'm totally perplexed by Shanice. Who is she? And why are Kat & Alfie looking after her? And what is Jean's fascination with her?

Ian and Mandy just don't work as a couple. They are too ill matched (and not in a way that's interesting and/or amusing).

Tyler & Anthony should be binned asap. They have little depth of character and are played by second rate actors.

I'd add Lola to my list of irritants. I hate the way she muscled Julie out the picture. She's just another gobby tearaway. Unoriginal and annoying.

It's not all bad though. Tonight's episode was awesome. Every now and then, Eastenders gets it right.
  • Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The christmas storyline climax with Phil's stalker and Yusef have been terrible. And was the fire sequence tonight written by children?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So why are you not aware of what is happening with Amira and Syed and where Shanice's mother is?

No I am aware of what the writers have wrote to be acted out but are we as a audience really supposed to buy this?

After all Syeed went through to come out there is no way he'd ever put his wedding ring back on or give up on Christian.

Shanice is the most pointless character EVER, I would imagine social services would be involved if person with parental responsibility just handed their child to someone else friend of not!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've decided that as soon as David Wicks leaves I'm going to stop watching EastEnders. Bar a few good moments it is really is consistent only in its inconsistency and supreme mediocrity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I am aware of what the writers have wrote to be acted out but are we as a audience really supposed to buy this?

After all Syeed went through to come out there is no way he'd ever put his wedding ring back on or give up on Christian.

Shanice is the most pointless character EVER, I would imagine social services would be involved if person with parental responsibility just handed their child to someone else friend of not!

I see, I think Syeds reaction is due to the fact he is a father. Amira is manipulating him. Syed has always been conflicted with his religion and his sexuality. He has not shown any interest of 'going straight' though.

I like Shanice, so I guess its different strokes for different folks.

I think some times these 'sack the writers' threads are done for attention. There is a large thread normally frequented by the same people that exists for slagging off EE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Shanice, so I guess its different strokes for different folks.

Do you like beige?
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonights episode was brilliant, Pete Lawson wrote tonights and ive noticed he has written alot of great EE eps this year but id say tonight puts him up there with Simon Ashdown. I agree certain writers need sacking but I would also say the storyliners are to blame.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Callum24 wrote: »
    The writer called Lauren Klee is awful. Whenever I hear she's wrote an episode I know it'll probably be bad.

HAHAHAHA yes! Same here. She's awful.

The only time I'm assured it's going to be a good episode is when I see Simon Ashdown's name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a large thread normally frequented by the same people that exists for slagging off EE.

I love EE, I can't find fault with the cast or actors/actresses even the plotlines are really good but the script writing is abysmal.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    pete lawson is a legend people are never happy!!!!!!!!!! he is one of the writers he cant be sacked lol

oh and the writers don't come up with the storylines. thats the storyliners job. the writers only write what theyve been given
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk about passing the buck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Tonights episode was brilliant, Pete Lawson wrote tonights and ive noticed he has written alot of great EE eps this year but id say tonight puts him up there with Simon Ashdown. I agree certain writers need sacking but I would also say the storyliners are to blame.

I liked tonights episode but I feel it had holes all over bigger than the hole between Kat Slaters legs.

No smoke detectors in the BB?

Leaving Masood on his own after he'd just had his face smacked off a wall and knocked out and had his room set on fire? The whole square left the bloke and pi$$ed off to the pub!!!

Fire exits locked?

Yusef had tried to kill Masood why the hell would care if Yusef burned to death?

It would have been more convincing if the fire that blew up the BB was the initial fire that Yusef set.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    pete lawson is a legend people are never happy!!!!!!!!!! he is one of the writers he cant be sacked lol

oh and the writers don't come up with the storylines. thats the storyliners job. the writers only write what theyve been given
    Pete Lawson & Chris reason (and a few others) are good and have been with EastEnders sometime so know the show well.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and another thing, how many fires can Phil Mitchell survive!!!!!