Philip Schofield gets angry with Gino D'Acampo for "taking it too far" on TM

Comments

• whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    jamtamara wrote: »
    Gino's comment was unprofessional and as has been said crass. Crass is 'insensitive' or 'grossly stupid' so could be said to be unprofessional in a TV presenter.

Philip was crass in the list debacle but that does not make him wrong in everything.

Evev if there is antagonism behind the scenes, that is purely speculative, and he was still right to put a stop to such talk. I think there would have been complaints about Gino's remarks myself.

I like Gino mostly but he does drop in the odd sleazy remark that is just quite uncalled for on a Daytime show IMO. Still I do respect that he has come a long way from his criminal days and commend him for that.
    Just read that tweet, Gino I was sticking up for you but should save myself the bother, filthy little man:mad:
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Gino is very crass. Look at what he tweeted last night. :sleep:

Misogynistic twunt. :sleep:

Think he and Phil are as bad as each other though, but in different ways.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite apart from the fact that Gino D'Acampo makes my skin crawl and is a hideous misogynistic twot, his cooking is absolutely rubbish and pedestrian - he always cooks the same old shite - never any innovation in the recipes.

Anyway, a telling off from Headmaster Schofe could well be the beginning of the end.
    Forum Member
    Quite apart from the fact that Gino D'Acampo makes my skin crawl and is a hideous misogynistic twot, his cooking is absolutely rubbish and pedestrian - he always cooks the same old shite - never any innovation in the recipes.

Anyway, a telling off from Headmaster Schofe could well be the beginning of the end.

don't mess with Master Schofe will end in on air humiliation.

I made his cheese and Marmite puff pastry straws last night, pretty nice but not revolutionary I admit, still I'd never have thought of the idea:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Gino was completely out of order
    , It was such a sleazy comment and totally out of order considering this was daytime tv.
    Perhaps he should join the panels of sleazy so called comedians on channel 4 where crude mysogynistic comments are welcome
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    , It was such a sleazy comment and totally out of order considering this was daytime tv.
    Perhaps he should join the panels of sleazy so called comedians on channel 4 where crude mysogynistic comments are welcome

Are you a Daily Mail reader by any chance? :rolleyes:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member

Thats a bit below the belt from him, I know he's Italian and he probably meant it as a joke but how old is he - 12?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    I don't understand the outrage lol. I've never understood why he was on TV do much but u always know what you're goin to get with Gino. Sexual euphemisms, a so so recipe and "funny" mispronunciation of certain words. I'm pretty sure he's said worse on this morning before.
    Forum Member
    re- Gino's tweet, please take note itv, sleazy so called cooks are not welcome on daytime tv, by I suspect the majority female audience and the less of him the better
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    re- Gino's tweet, please take note itv, sleazy so called cooks are not welcome on daytime tv, by I suspect the majority female audience and the less of him the better
    Yet it's ok for Loose Women to slag off men on a daily basis?
    Forum Member
    Yet it's ok for Loose Women to slag off men on a daily basis?

they're a bunch of harridans anyway aren't they, I expect more from Gino than I do that loose bunch
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    they're a bunch of harridans anyway aren't they, I expect more from Gino than I do that loose bunch
    In fairness, his comment was crass but Phil was only delighted to turn it into an opportunity to humiliate Gino and put him in his place. If it was someone who Phil liked who made the same comment, he would've probably laughed and said "you shouldn't say things like that" or "that's not nice to say" or anything bland enough to make the point in an atmosphere of banter, rather than tension.
    Forum Member
    In fairness, his comment was crass but Phil was only delighted to turn it into an opportunity to humiliate Gino and put him in his place. If it was someone who Phil liked who made the same comment, he would've probably laughed and said "you shouldn't say things like that" or "that's not nice to say" or anything bland enough to make the point in an atmosphere of banter, rather than tension.

oh yes I can see Pip the master manipulator took advantage of the situation. First opportunity to get one over on Gino for not inviting him to the New Year/Xmas soiree, Schofe always gets his revenge in the end:D
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I thought it was quite funny actually, this morning is full of innuendo all the time

I took Phils comment as tongue in cheek tbh
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sums him up, he makes my skin crawl tbh :o
    Forum Member
    inuendo can be very funny and both sexes have always enjoyed it.
    Tense meat ..alluding to women is just crude and insulting
    and laughing it off as just fun exacerbates the put down and
    demeaning of women that for so long has become the norm
    in such a way that so many people simply just accept it.....and sneer at those who protest for fear of appearing "not with it"
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I can't stand either of them.

Phillip thinks he's the Godfather of ITV and Gino is a professional imbecile.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With you all the way. Cannot stand Gino, he is so incredibly immature and dislikeable.

Think he's just given Schofey the ammunition he needed to get rid.
    I doubt he'll be on the show again.;)
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And yet its ok for loose women to make crude remarks and innuendo to their male guests on a daily basis?
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats kind of what Gino is paid for in a sense (thats not to say its right though), he's partly known for his innuendo laden banter but ugh, it makes me cringe - I hope no-one takes him seriously... and that tweet makes him seem like a 12 year old, like someone else commented (I wonder how many men may have seen it and saved the picture for a laugh though? ugh).

If you want to laugh at him, check out these clips:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULp_oxppW38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnPMgte2CIA

:D (*ahem*)
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread reads like the comments at the bottom of a daily mail article
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree. I really don't think it is acceptable at all and should not be considered the norm or banter. In this case, well done, Philip!!!! Mature stance if you ask me.
  • EmmasmytheEmmasmythe Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Misogynistic twunt. :sleep:

Think he and Phil are as bad as each other though, but in different ways.

I looked at the youtube clip of this morning and in the mindset of innocent before guilty, i thought his comment comparing cooking and sex vis a vis tense meat with tense wife needing relaxing was not offensive considering his italianbackround overly sexual connotations,NOT that he was saying a woman is meat, far from it

Though havingseenthe twitter thing, wouldnt like my husband or boyfriend to put up a dot to dot thing puzzle wondering if one of the choices is swallow, bit disrepectful, maybe he is NOT married or maybe some people dont have a sense of humour maybe his wife/gf thinks its funny, hard to really judge
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To think that I used to like him once :eek:
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I would compare them to two rutting stags having a majestic set-to, but because it was Phil and Gino, I've seen my two little guinea pig boars have bigger ding-dongs.