Nokia EOS - Nokia Lumia 1020 phone leaked!

15678911»

Comments

• TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I were to get a Lumia 1020, I couldn't imagine getting anything other than yellow.
  • Stuart PStuart P Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    agree with you there :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    wilt wrote: »
    I really don't like that hump on the back.

Thats what you say to all the girls.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilt wrote: »
    I really don't like that hump on the back.

Bumped into an ex a couple of days back, chatting about various things and got onto phones. I must have mentioned about some upcoming camera phone, she asked more about it.

Said it was a Nokia 1020, excellent camera, but it has a small bump on the back to accomodate the camera and flash. "What sort of size bump?". I brought out the 808, and said "smaller than this".

She spent a few moments wondering why someone would complain about something that is so darned small .... but figured it must be a bloke thing, they obviously want things to be smaller, because size is everything ... ???
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From all the info i can find so far. Online retailers Handtec and Expansys are selling it sim-free for £599.99. Cheapest i can see on Amazon is £595 but not being sold by them directly.

Clove is selling it for £588 but throwing in a free wireless charging pad, wireless charging cover, camera grip & tripod which i'd say is a great deal.

Can anyone else find it cheaper than £588?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £588 seems the lowest from what i can see too. whatever accs i don't plan on using i'll put on ebay and offset the 1020 cost bringing it closer to the £500 mark
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    From all the info i can find so far. Online retailers Handtec and Expansys are selling it sim-free for £599.99. Cheapest i can see on Amazon is £595 but not being sold by them directly.

Clove is selling it for £588 but throwing in a free wireless charging pad, wireless charging cover, camera grip & tripod which i'd say is a great deal.

Can anyone else find it cheaper than £588?

Might be cheaper to buy it on payg on the network of your choice. I think it's £549 on Three.
  • MinardiMinardi Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheBigM wrote: »
    Might be cheaper to buy it on payg on the network of your choice. I think it's £549 on Three.

That will be locked and operator branded tho, I don't think the £39 premium is too bad tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been waiting for this as it's taken absolutely ages for them to review it, but Nokia Lumia 1020 review from GSM Arena is here. They absolutely loved the phone. Better than the Nokia 808 Pureview by a mile.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_1020-review-989.php
    The Lumia 1020 is and will be probably remembered as Nokia's crown jewel. It is a great exit for once a legendary company that believe it or not, has been the same since its beginning. Most of the users out there consider the Windows Phone OS as its major flaw, while they shouldn't. The Lumia 1020 is a solid phone, with great hardware, amazing innovative camera technology and powerful messenger and office skills. It's a true Nokia destined to become a legend when it's probably too late. And that's why Lumia 1020 will be always The One That Got Away.

It's hard not be moved by the sentiments expressed on the last page of the review. Goodbye Nokia.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if pre-ordering a white or yellow 1020 with the acc pack from clove or expansys

'Accessories will be black in colour.'

boooya!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been waiting for this as it's taken absolutely ages for them to review it, but Nokia Lumia 1020 review from GSM Arena is here. They absolutely loved the phone. Better than the Nokia 808 Pureview by a mile.

It's hard not be moved by the sentiments expressed on the last page of the review. Goodbye Nokia.

What?*Has Nokia gone out of business already?:eek:
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They didn't actually state it was better than the 808 ... and they definitely didn't state that the camera was better (as it isn't).

However ... I don't see why its being made out to be "too late". I'm no fan of WP (much prefer Android), but WP sales are increasing - and that is pretty much down to Nokia.

It'll be interesting to see what MS does now that they're running things, but with the phablet (1520?) and the mid-range camera centric one coming along (929 - the Z1 competitor), I can't see "Nokia" disappearing any time soon.

Unlike BB, who are being readied for the slaughter.
  • stillgotaboxstillgotabox Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lala wrote: »
    What?*Has Nokia gone out of business already?:eek:

Microsoft is set to purchase Nokia early next year.
    Microsoft is to buy Nokia's Devices & Services business for £4.6bn

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a512004/nokia-sells-its-device-and-services-division-to-microsoft-for-gbp46bn.html
  • stillgotaboxstillgotabox Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I received my yellow 1020 from o2 on the day of release. I noticed that in all of the videos I shot (two videos in near silent rooms) that there was a 'white noise/static noise' when playing any recorded video.

I put the camera lens next to my ear and I heard the same sound captured in the videos. This sound is only audible once the nokia pro cam app has been launched. Nokia Support told me to hard reset and then factory reset my phone but the problem remains.

I notified o2 about this fault and they said that they would send a replacement out once stock has arrived. I received a call yesterday stating that the expected stock of the yellow 1020 has not arrived but it may arrive over the weekend and I'll be kept updated.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thank you.
  • jonspursjonspurs Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I've got the 1020 and love it.
    Yes I can hear a faint sound when using the camera but it's not picked up in the recorded video.
    I was tempted to get the 808 because I like Symbian and there are loads more features, FM transmitter, USB otg, etc, but software wise its being left behind.
    The smart cam can do funky stuff.
    Pictures are clear.
    Operating system is silky smooth.
    Apps i Need are there.
    Recommend this phone to all photo people.

1403382_10153346676805468_1043668568_o.jpg