Options

Masterchef: The Professionals 2013... coming soon

Comments

• Options
    JoannexxJoannexx Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has been a very poor week, those put through would have gone out any other week. I felt ill seeing the raw kidneys, that is shocking from professional chefs, plus raw sausage on Monday. It can only get better:D
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of those kidneys were still suitable to be offered on the transplant list
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO the "chefs" tonight were all dreadful. If only all four of them could have been sent home. The sight of raw kidneys will live with me for a long time to come. :eek: But whether intentional or not at least the asparagus "tips" gave a laugh. :D
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    MJS wrote: »
    IMO the "chefs" tonight were all dreadful. If only all four of them could have been sent home. The sight of raw kidneys will live with me for a long time to come. :eek: But whether intentional or not at least the asparagus "tips" gave a laugh. :D

Agreed. They were shocking, and that raw kidney made me want to retch. How can they be so incompetent??

:(
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from Adam, they were all self delusional to varying degrees. I mean Chad - how could he possily think he was in with a shout after plating up 3 fried sausages after having been given 3 raw sausages? Not an intelligent decision.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    3 raw sausages > 3 cooked sausages - that wouldn't cut the mustard (sorry) on the amateur version! Hello from a long-time lurker on this thread. Always look forward to reading this, massively increases my enjoyment of Masterchef!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which is better: 3 cooked sausages or 3 raw kidneys?
    There's only one way to find out ....
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    I did feel a bit for Chad - I changed my career in my 40s so I can appreciate his feelings of wondering whether he had done the right thing, almost to the point of his wondering if he had done the right thing if he let MRJ down in the final stages, but with only 5 years experience, he made it onto MCP so whatever tests they do to get to this stage - he had obviously done OK there so h definitely should take heart from it... there are probably tons of chefs who have been doing it since school/catering college days who wouldn't even get to this stage.
    Good on him for at least trying.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    Which is better: 3 cooked sausages or 3 raw kidneys?
    There's only one way to find out ....

Are you suggesting a vomit-off?

Cats v Dogs?
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    chad looks like a dentist

He looks like one of our clinic doctors at work!! :eek: :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chad has (in my humble opinion, anyway,) left it a bit late to go into cooking, and as a husband with children I am sure his low starter wages and long hours haven't gone down too well!!:o

As for serving raw kidneys !! He deserved to go

this bunch have been hopeless!! :eek: not surprised that Monica doesn't rate the others, apart from a couple!!
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment Adam is way ahead of everyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment Adam is way ahead of everyone.

Lol that wouldn't be difficult but yes he stood out last night
  • Options
    RainbowsEndRainbowsEnd Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Petrus! Thats what I say! Charisma, personality and skill in one!
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kate36 wrote: »
    Lol that wouldn't be difficult but yes he stood out last night

In the teaser shown at the end of the programme last night the dish the critic said "was probably the best thing he has ever tasted on the show .. " [or words to that effect] looked very much in the style and presentation of the panna cotta Adam made for his invention test. Looking forward to seeing if this is the case.
  • Options
    marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if it's true that a man like Chad must have done ok to get there, it must mean that the base of good cooks is drying up and therefore Masterchef will soon go.
    But i rather think that, oh scandal, the production team choose some participant for entertainment value. Of course the good ones must stand out in the tests but after that it's sometime pathetic.
    But the nerves sometimes...
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Bring back Petrus! Thats what I say! Charisma, personality and skill in one!

Vinny, I want my Vinny back *sob* (and the lovely Petrus)
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Vinny, I want my Vinny back *sob* (and the lovely Petrus)

I LOVED Vinny :cry:

I think Andy and Rambo are probably the best two this week. Think we will have some unintentionally funny moments tonight :D
  • Options
    MeoquiMeoqui Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Petrus, Kit and Vinny. Flaming joke that they gave gone out with the so called 'talent' in some shoes since :( If I say it enough times maybe it will happen!
    I swear if Adam gets voted off I shall go chase MRJ with a paintball firer filled with cat puke...ah haha evil laugh
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    uh oh the voice over lady on bbc2 just spoilered some ingredients for tonight:
    oysters and mangoes

:eek:
    /I\
  • Options
    jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Meoqui wrote: »
    Bring back Petrus, Kit and Vinny. Flaming joke that they gave gone out with the so called 'talent' in some shoes since :( If I say it enough times maybe it will happen!
    I swear if Adam gets voted off I shall go chase MRJ with a paintball firer filled with cat puke...ah haha evil laugh

At least two dishes served up this series resembled cat puke.
  • Options
    strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all!
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening all! Cats are full and lined up for all sauce requirements! :D
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784