Cheryl Cole: the Nations Sweetheart - HOW?!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that at no point in time did anyone mention any witnesses and it all appeared to be decided on the word of the toilet attendant.
    Now a black eye would not show immediately, therefore it is very possible that this could have happened after the altercation.

She was convicted by a court; in the eyes of the law she DID attack that woman. End of.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the adoration.

OK, so she's earning a successful living and making the best of what she has got, but prior to her spineless husband's dalliances she was seen as little more than a rather downmarket, hard-faced individual with a penchant for mouthing off at other (female) celebrities. On The X Factor she is generally monosyllabic, uninspiring and sullen.

There are other folk out there who are much worthier of recognition, who possess much more talent, class and intelligence but do not feel the need to shout it from the rooftops because they are not tabloid 'darlings'.
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Rain wrote: »
    Manufactured career,
    Manufactured look,
    Manufactured voice,
    Manufactured emotions,
    Manufactured marriage,
    Manufactured heartbreaks...

The perfect modern celebrity

You almost described Victoria Beckham....:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    She was found guilty...there fore she did it....she never appealed, and pleaded guilty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In every documentary I have seen, she comes awfully. She is negative, sullen and whiney. If I am honest she comes across as a spoilt little madam.

Add to that I feel that she is a little too 'knowing' and calculating. To me her 'sweetness' and 'caring' on the X-Factor looks contrived and manufactured for the cameras. Nor do I feel she gives her acts any meaningful support or constructive criticism - they are merely there as opportunities for her to showcase how 'nice' she is. She appears to be totally self-absorbed.

I know her fans get wound up by the ABH conviction and say it was a long time ago - but I am not sure I can let that go enough to actually LIKE her. I can certainly agree that she shouldn't be continually punished for it but it precludes me from actually admiring or respecting her.

She certainly has made a little go such a very long way... but ultimately when her beauty fades, there won't be much left to her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However much they want to spin it Cheryl is just another piece of flotsam, even if a popular one, on the sea of manufactured, ego massaged, talent limited fakery that is in vogue at the moment.

beautiful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can a leopard change its spots? Newly famous, and naiive to the showbiz game, she let go and gave somebody a good clout. She no doubt now realises that she had a lucky escape then, and somehow managed to cling to her fame.

I still reckon she has it in her to give somebody a clout, and think nothing of it, only now she knows it would spell the end of her career.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can a leopard change its spots? Newly famous, and naiive to the showbiz game, she let go and gave somebody a good clout. She no doubt now realises that she had a lucky escape then, and somehow managed to cling to her fame.

I still reckon she has it in her to give somebody a clout, and think nothing of it, only now she knows it would spell the end of her career.

I remember seeing her on a documentary where she was talking about it. She was very upset as she realised 'i'm always going to be seen by the public as the mouthy one'. Not actually upset about anything else.

Yes I think the incident was eye-opening for her and seminal in that it was the first step of awareness on the PR journey that has concluded with the Doe Eyed Innocent (TM) that is Cheryl Cole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember see her on documentary where she was talking about it. She was very upset as she realised 'i'm always going to be seen by the public as the mouthy one'. Not actually upset about anything else.

Yes I think the incident was eye-opening for her and seminal in that it was the first step of awareness on the PR journey that has concluded with the Doe Eyed Innocent (TM) that is Cheryl Cole.

It was eye-closing for this poor mare.
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manufactured career,
    Manufactured look,
    Manufactured voice,
    Manufactured emotions,
    Manufactured marriage,

Spot on. If people knew the truth they wouldn't think she is so wonderful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    It was eye-closing for this poor mare.

Already posted that picture.
  • bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God know's why she's classed as nation's sweetheart - what exactly has she done that so bloody amazing? Oh I know, climbed a mountain with a load of other self obsessed ego-maniacs.

Anyway, here we have miss perfect before the stylists broke out in a massive sweat to make her into a princess.

:yawn:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1085466/Pictured-The-amazing-transformation-Cheryl-Cole-working-class-convict-A-list-celebrity.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already posted that picture.

Yes, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to make a delicious visual pun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, seems like the luv for the nation's favourite bog attendant-batterer is waning:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find her quite boring! there is no colour to her personality and no individual style, there is nothing unique or edgy about her imho.

I honestly do not think she is as pretty as people make out and that is with all the enhancements. I can not see anything unique about her.

I also think she is too wholesome to be good and puts on the teary face for the cameras. I did not mind her until she started making snidey comments on the X Factor about the contestants, which is fine if that is your persona but dont try and cover it with the woe is me act.
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course she's the nation's sweetheart. Because above all, it doesn't matter how clever or good at sport, or gifted one is at an activity, or giving in a charitable sense. The bottom line is that whether we like it or not, people ADORE beautiful people. And beautiful people are above everything and get given everything simply because they are beautiful.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Of course she's the nation's sweetheart. Because above all, it doesn't matter how clever or good at sport, or gifted one is at an activity, or giving in a charitable sense. The bottom line is that whether we like it or not, people ADORE beautiful people. And beautiful people are above everything and get given everything simply because they are beautiful.

'tis true.
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No Cheryl fan here - Beautiful people don't get it that easy.
    They get a lot of jealously and bitchiness towards them. Especially in nightclubs.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is so far from the truth as it can be.
    People don't love beauty so you can't have been around many beautiful women in your life.
    Being beautiful is more of a curse and they have to work 1000 times harder than anyone else just to prove they're worthy.
    There are reasons for the Cinderella and Snow white stories.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    She was convicted by a court; in the eyes of the law she DID attack that woman. End of.

Our glorious legal system is not infallible :)
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    People don't love beauty so you can't have been around many beautiful women in your life.
    Being beautiful is more of a curse and they have to work 1000 times harder than anyone else just to prove they're worthy.

People don't love beauty?! It's a multi million dollar industry - every magazine is full of beautiful women! Not ugly or ordinary women....beautiful women. They may get jealousy from other people, mainly woman!, but ultimately beauty brings them success- as is the case in Cinderella - after all, she married the prince because he was in love with her beauty - he didn't know she was effectively a servant.

It's all about looks
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    So twatting a woman who is working in a bog to pay her way through her law degree makes you the Nation's Sweetheart™, just so long as you call her a "f**king bitch", and not a f**king black bitch"?

Congratulations to the woman for doing what a lot of us have done took the worst jobs to pay our own way through university and I wish her well and hope she has the greatest success :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manufactured career,
    Manufactured look,
    Manufactured voice,
    Manufactured emotions,
    Manufactured marriage,

Perfect sums up Biffa!....well the media don't speak for the entire nation calling her 'nations sweetheart' generally I assume there is a divided opinion on Chezza, she has no redeeming qualities, her looks seem to be the only thing appealing to the masses....It's a good job some people see through the nations sweetheart facade and others don't....The sooner she buggers off to America the better!.....they have their fair share of media wh*res too she'll have to compete with them to get the covers of magazines/papers....xo
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »

We're talking CC here - would she have got into Girls Aloud if she was ugly or even plain? Of course not - it most definitely wasn't her singing talent.....
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she is plain though.

or certainly was in popstars.

she got through on her personality as opposed to looks or talent imo.