Options

What a coincidence

mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,439
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I do the lottery Wednesday and Friday. I did stop when the price increased but I have started doing it again and have done so for the last couple of months.

I do two lines Wednesday and Saturday, which are set numbers, birthdays etc.
Because I still had some funds left in the lottery account after I had done the set lines for a few weeks, I decided I would do a lucky dip line for a few weeks also.

I was totally amazed when the lucky dip ticket showed the exact numbers I do already on one line bar one number. How about that for coincidence. Has this ever happened to anyone's else?
I am amazed!

Comments

• Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only coincidence that still amuses me -

I was thinking about Steve McQueen when a drink advert came on TV. It featured Griff Rhys Jones and Steve McQueen in a manipulated scene from The Great Escape.

While I was marvelling at the coincidence, a DJ on radio announced the next song would be 'When Love Breaks Down', taken from Prefab Sprout's 1985 album, Steve McQueen.

A few minutes after the song ended, a friend called to say that she had started dating a guy named Terry Queen. That was when I started laughing. Terrence McQueen was Steve McQueen's real name. :D

Edited:
    The Holsten Pils advert of Steve McQueen and Griff Rhys Jones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8pKGVmQ_50
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do the lottery Wednesday and Friday. I did stop when the price increased but I have started doing it again and have done so for the last couple of months.

I do two lines Wednesday and Saturday, which are set numbers, birthdays etc.
    Because I still had some funds left in the lottery account after I had done the set lines for a few weeks, I decided I would do a lucky dip line for a few weeks also.

I was totally amazed when the lucky dip ticket showed the exact numbers I do already on one line bar one number. How about that for coincidenc :-De. Has this ever happened to anyone's else?
    I am amazed!

Interesting that you would be so amazed that a random process could generate five out of your six lottery numbers that you describe it as "what a coincidence!" :D
  • Options
    newda898newda898 Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    Maths geek correct me if I'm wrong, but surely the odds are the same for getting the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6 exactly in your line of numbers.
  • Options
    AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    newda898 wrote: »
    Maths geek correct me if I'm wrong, but surely the odds are the same for getting the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6 exactly in your line of numbers.

Yes I think so every combination has an equal chance of coming up so you've as much chance to win by putting on 1 2 3 4 5 6 as you do with any other combination.