Options

Jackie Chan - The One Show tonight

MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,584
Forum Member
✭✭
Jackie Chan is on The One Show tonight!

JACKIE CHAN! Total legend!

I don't normally watch TOS but i will tonight for this.

Other reason why i'll watch it is because i know it's going to be car crash tv and watching Alex Jones interview Jackie Chan will be hilarious! I can't wait! :D

Such a shame there isn't any UK chat show airing on tv at the moment to have him on properly.

Comments

• Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to my listings, he's also on ITV's Good Morning Britain tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a shame there isn't any UK chat show airing on tv at the moment to have him on properly

Isn't ''Lorraine'' supposed to be a chat show although she always gets the guests after they've been on the BBC (and she's never there in any case).
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Such a shame there isn't any UK chat show airing on tv at the moment to have him on properly

Isn't ''Lorraine'' supposed to be a chat show although she always gets the guests after they've been on the BBC (and she's never there in any case).

He's not exactly Mr Charisma is he? Never seen him on TV when he's himself and it being worth watching.
  • Options
    Default_UserDefault_User Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone think that the first film they showed about women's skin turning yellow during the war (in the munitions factories) was a little inappropriate, considering their choice of guest?
    Have to say I was mildly surprised, given all the fuss over Top Gear recently.
    Unintentional, of course, but still.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone think that the first film they showed about women's skin turning yellow during the war (in the munitions factories) was a little inappropriate, considering their choice of guest?

I can't see why it should be a problem and I can't imagine Chan worrying about a trivial thing like that.
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was astonished at how poor his English was considering, did anyone else think this?
  • Options
    mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd hoped that this would be a serious interview, but it wasn't, of course. I read his autobiography years ago and was horrified by the harshness - even brutality - of his upbringing and theatre school training. TV nowadays needs a proper, old fashioned, sort of interviewer in the style of Jeremy Isaacs or John Freeman to get the best out of people like Jackie Chan who have stories to tell but no-one worth telling them to.

I must say, though, that an interpreter would be needed.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    notin wrote: »
    I was astonished at how poor his English was considering, did anyone else think this?

Didn't he used to just learn his English lines by wrote, he couldnt actually speak much english at all?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    mel_drew wrote: »
    I'd hoped that this would be a serious interview, but it wasn't, of course. I read his autobiography years ago and was horrified by the harshness - even brutality - of his upbringing and theatre school training. TV nowadays needs a proper, old fashioned, sort of interviewer in the style of Jeremy Isaacs or John Freeman to get the best out of people like Jackie Chan who have stories to tell but no-one worth telling them to.

I must say, though, that an interpreter would be needed.

I read his autobio too and was also shocked by some of the harsh upbringing :( But it was clear that even if some details were embellished/invented or misremembered, he had some great stories to tell in there :)
    Surprising his English is still fairly modest even these days. Someone like Sammo (a contemporary of his) speaks much better English.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surprised that one of the professional complainers did not make the same complaint about Alex's dress also.