The ring - Speculation - posible spoilers

GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am probably going to get shouted at for starting a new thread but who cares! I feel this one deserves it. :)

So, we have the new trailer where you can see someone (presumably Donna) wearing a ring. Yes its a bit dark but the shape of it somewhat resembles the masters ring and has started a lot of speculation, so I thought I'd compare the two:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x149/malibubbles/rings.jpg

So, what do people think?

I think I remember RTD saying that he wasn't going to build on the scene at the end of LOTTL and would leave it for someone else (although I may be mistaken on this, I just seem to remember it being said). But we also know that RTD has told porkies in the past about the direction he is going in.

And then we have:
The rumour that Donna ends the series with memory loss which could be the result of any possession, etc that she goes through from the ring.

Comments

• ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Don't get me wrong, it is always fun to speculate, but I think this theory will be way off.

Firstly, I think the Doctor would notice if Donna was wearing the Master's ring. But mainly, whenever fans have great theories like this, the actual outcome is always less imaginative ;)
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, it is always fun to speculate, but I think this theory will be way off.

Firstly, I think the Doctor would notice if Donna was wearing the Master's ring. But mainly, whenever fans have great theories like this, the actual outcome is always less imaginative ;)

I thought of that too. Does seem a bit unlikely that if she was wearing it then he wouldn't spot the great big quite tacky looking thing on her finger.
  • The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no similarity at all, except that they are both rings.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    I can feel it now, like a dagger in my side, soon this thread will descend into a 'Donna turns out to be the effin Rani' thread :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can feel it now, like a dagger in my side, soon this thread will descend into a 'Donna turns out to be the effin Rani' thread :D

If true however it would explain the hate for La Tate. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whenever fans have great theories like this, the actual outcome is always less imaginative ;)

Indeed.

Who can forget corkers like Adam is Davros.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Sir Derek Jacobi and John Simm were going to play the Master! :D:D:D

Oh, hang on... :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    Indeed.

Who can forget corkers like Adam is Davros.:D
    Donna is Davros - as proof just look at their names - they share some of the same letters and if you turn a "n" upside down and trim the other "n" you have Dauro which is almost Davros
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time Davros is mentioned in a thread, I make the same joke, but I really can't be arsed this time round, so...

Think of Harry Enfield's Kebab Shop-owning character.

...make your own jokes up! :D