Options

Theory on Rex

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
Forum Member
✭✭
Early in the show he said that he has 24 years of life experience and rather talk about that and hear about the other HMs lives than bitching that goes on in the house.

This is why he goes on about his restaurants and his girlfriend, beacuse that is important to him. But everyone else would rather gossip than have a intelligent conversation about life and learn from each other.
Thoughts:)

Comments

• Options
    CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    Early in the show he said that he has 24 years of life experience and rather talk about that and hear about the other HMs lives than bitching that goes on in the house.

This is why he goes on about his restaurants and his girlfriends, beacuse that is important to him. But everyone else would rather gossip than have a intelligent conversation about life and learn from each other.

I was hoping this BB would be more along the lines of that thinking, I know, some, would find that boring but there is always time to have a laugh also.
    The ones that expect or try to make it fun, fun, fun all of the time are the real fakes :D
  • Options
    bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's always Mo, Darnell, Kat and Rachel he can chat to and have intelligent conversations with if he wants
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CloudyE wrote: »
    I was hoping this BB would be more along the lines of that thinking, I know, some, would find that boring but there is always time to have a laugh also.
    The ones that expect or try to make it fun, fun, fun all of the time are the real fakes :D

Me too.
  • Options
    qwertyqueenqwertyqueen Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is why he goes on about his restaurants and his girlfriends, beacuse that is important to him. But everyone else would rather gossip than have a intelligent conversation about life and learn from each other.

Yes, he has so many valuable lessons to teach us! He knows all about spending his daddy's money and lavishing his trophy girklfriend with expensive gifts so that she'll stay with him;) We've also learned that it's important to boast about these "achievements" at every opportunity:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member

This is why he goes on about his restaurants and his girlfriend, beacuse that is important to him. But everyone else would rather gossip than have a intelligent conversation about life and learn from each other.
    That's a possibility.

I think Rex is just Rex.

Personally, I don't care how much he talks about himself, his family, his career, his wealth, or his GF... As long as his character remains the same and he doesn't bitch, round people up to target others or generally behave in a vile way, then he will always be more decent than Jen's crowd.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,850
    Forum Member

Well he certainly talks about his life experience :yawn: but I don't think he's interested in others' life experiences.

Thye aren't interested in his /him because of his manner and his poor emotional intelligence
  • Options
    lollyishlollyish Posts: 9,717
    Forum Member
    valium wrote: »
    emotional intelligence

You've recently learned this phrase haven't you.

Exciting.
  • Options
    mynx2020mynx2020 Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Yes, he has so many valuable lessons to teach us! He knows all about spending his daddy's money and lavishing his trophy girklfriend with expensive gifts so that she'll stay with him;) We've also learned that it's important to boast about these "achievements" at every opportunity:p

There is a difference between boasting and talking about your life. How many times have we had to hear about peoples hard lives- Alex had a hard life, Darnell had a hard life, Its so tough for poor princess Jen being a single mum, Mo and Sylvia escaped horrific wars, Poor poor dale is so traumatised about being so good looking in college he still cries about it!
    But Rex has the audacity to have had a nice life, he doesnt boast about it, he talks about it the same way they all talk about their lives. Just because he hasnt any deep issues, either real or imagined doesnt mean he is rubbing it in peoples faces. Im sure he has had hard times, his parents splitting up and his dad coming out cant have been easy on him, just cos he focuses on the positive and doesnt whine all the time doesnt mean he is boastful.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has a point, Id rather listen to housemates discussing these kinds of topics rather than constant B*thing behind peoples backs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mynx2020 wrote: »
    There is a difference between boasting and talking about your life. How many times have we had to hear about peoples hard lives- Alex had a hard life, Darnell had a hard life, Its so tough for poor princess Jen being a single mum, Mo and Sylvia escaped horrific wars, Poor poor dale is so traumatised about being so good looking in college he still cries about it!
    But Rex has the audacity to have had a nice life, he doesnt boast about it, he talks about it the same way they all talk about their lives. Just because he hasnt any deep issues, either real or imagined doesnt mean he is rubbing it in peoples faces. Im sure he has had hard times, his parents splitting up and his dad coming out cant have been easy on him, just cos he focuses on the positive and doesnt whine all the time doesnt mean he is boastful.

I didn't hear Sylvia talking about her experiences at all (other than on her audition tape, and that wasn't in a self-pitying way). Rex has been arrogant, controlling and boastful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,306
    Forum Member
    My theory about Rex is..........
    He's a decent bloke.
    :)
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tre wrote: »
    That's a possibility.

I think Rex is just Rex.

Personally, I don't care how much he talks about himself, his family, his career, his wealth, or his GF... As long as his character remains the same and he doesn't bitch, round people up to target others or generally behave in a vile way, then he will always be more decent than Jen's crowd.

Nice post:):):)
  • Options
    Seamus2008Seamus2008 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mynx2020 wrote: »

I agree with you mynx2020 ;)
    The ones who call him a boastful are just jealous of him. They don't perceive the slight difference between a constant & permanent boast and a life-experience.
    Just because you haven't lived the same way has he was raised does make him a boastful. He's a nice bloke and that's it :D End of the discussion :p Well, end of my discussion ;) You can still go on about it but I won't change my mind about Rexy :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seamus2008 wrote: »
    I agree with you mynx2020 ;)
    The ones who call him a boastful are just jealous of him. They don't perceive the slight difference between a constant & permanent boast and a life-experience.
    Just because you haven't lived the same way has he was raised does make him a boastful. He's a nice bloke and that's it :D End of the discussion :p Well, end of my discussion ;) You can still go on about it but I won't change my mind about Rexy :D

Do you fancy him or admire him? I suppose logic goes out the window when you like someone;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bottom line is that Rex is a threat. People are threatened by his intelligence, confidence and the fact he can 'stand alone' and not "follow the pack".
    The more he keeps his cool and does not respond to the baiting by Jen & her spiteful cronies the more they will keep digging.
  • Options
    ShiftyDundeeShiftyDundee Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    valium wrote: »
    Well he certainly talks about his life experience :yawn: but I don't think he's interested in others' life experiences.

Thye aren't interested in his /him because of his manner and his poor emotional intelligence

Or maybe they're just terrified of him because he's got some actual intelligence and they find that incredibly difficult to comprehend.
  • Options
    lollyishlollyish Posts: 9,717
    Forum Member
    Rex's problem is that he doesn't need them.

That makes people uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Baroness BunkumBaroness Bunkum Posts: 4,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Interesting angle :)
    Team Bitch, and some of the more retarded forum members on here, misconstrue Rex's talk of his outside life as boasting and arrogance.

It's not. He is deservedly happy with his life - it delights him, and he wants to talk about it. This is a perfectly acceptable thing to do in mature social circles.

Many of the other housemates have vacuous, useless and directionless lives on the outside (which is why they've come on Big Brother in desperation for fame and money) so they fill time in the house dissing their fellow housemates.
    Tragic.