Very nice, can be found for about £20.

Andy
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Moet is rank at any price. Try this

http://www.majestic.co.uk/find/keyword-is-Mumm/product-is-23195

Mumm is one of the very best champagne makers. they make this is California using all the right grapes and methods. it is very good. They make it pink, too.
    Alan

You said what I was going to, Moet=:( Mumm=:D

have to say though, I've heard good things about one that is sold in Lidl, perhaps its just an urban legend lol but I have heard from a couple of people that its great for the price.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and theres a Jacobs Creek Sparkling Cava is only like a Fiver/£6 a bottle and is well worth the money.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For £20 you're a bit stuck, but you should be able to get Nicolas Feuillatte for that, which isn't a bad bottle.

If you go for a Cava go for the Freixenet. It's not the best, but is definitely the best you'll find in this country. Anywhere between £3 and £9 a bottle depending on who's got offers on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chessie wrote: »
    Lanson Black Label is a good one.

Asda currently has it in store at £15, or at least it did on Wednesday...
  • marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    littlefro wrote: »
    I like the cheaper but very decent Jacobs Creek Sparkling. I buy it for my special occasions at £7-8.99 a bottle.

If it would be something to bath in when I win the lottery, it's going to be Piper Heidsieck red label which comes in at around £18-19 a bottle. I see no reason to be spending any more than that when I'm going to be adding Radox as well to calm my nerves while I'm thinking how to spend the dosh. :D

Jacobs Creek sparkling is acceptable as far as sparkling wine goes, but my all time fave Champagne is Veuve Cliquot. It's about £30.00 a bottle but it's worth it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,555
    Forum Member
    Cstar2229 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Cristal?

Yeah and I thought it'd be really nice but it was only ok - I'd like to try again (of course!) but it wasn't as good as Veuve or even Dom Perignon on that occassion - in my humble opinion!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maimou wrote: »
    Yeah and I thought it'd be really nice but it was only ok - I'd like to try again (of course!) but it wasn't as good as Veuve or even Dom Perignon on that occassion - in my humble opinion!

Funny you should say that, we thought it tasted like white cider! It was quite an old bottle though, and she hadn't stored it in the best of conditions (in the cupboard in the sideboard), so would give it another chance....... given the chance...... :D
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Bricout Cuvee Prestige Reserve Champagne

Is this one any good? It's on offer for £14.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veuve is the best, at the mo its £23 in both Waitrose and Oddbins, stock up quick!
  • HamsterCheeksHamsterCheeks Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I bought a few nice bottles from John lewis pink and white

http://www.johnlewis.com/Search/Search.aspx?SearchTerm=champange&Offset=1&SA=1&refined=1

Scroll down.

They also come in nice packaging if it is for a gift. Saying that I haven't tasted it, I just bought it as gifts for people. It probably tastes rank! :D
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Bricout Cuvee Prestige Reserve Champagne
    Piper Heidsieck Champagne Brut Non Vintage
    La Gioiosa Prosecco Frizzante
    Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut

What about the above four? think champagne, and sparkles in there.

Looking at those. Thanks.

If I went into a supermarket and looked I would get a headache from all the confusion, soooooooooooo many drinks on the shelves.

:)