Options

Odds on Mary Byrne being on first on Saturday...

brylcreembrylcreem Posts: 2,423
Forum Member
✭✭✭
High I'd say. Will Cher be on last though. I'd imagine they want a 4way final witout Mary.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher won't be last... i think a girl is first this weekend, but i think Mary will be in the first half.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt, Cher or Rebecca will open imo. Since Mary and 1D went early last week. Rebecca has never opened the show so she could be the one. But Cher and Matt closed the show so they could also open it too. Depends on who Simon wants to leave will most likely open the show.

Mary has to be 4 or 5!! Only fair.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be absolutely absurd if Mary is on first and I'd want an explanation from the producers as to how exactly they pick the running order.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt, Cher or Rebecca will open imo. Since Mary and 1D went early last week. Rebecca has never opened the show so she could be the one. But Cher and Matt closed the show so they could also open it too. Depends on who Simon wants to leave will most likely open the show.

Mary has to be 4 or 5!! Only fair.

What show have you been watching where you think fairness comes into it. For Syco fairness will be that because 1D were 2nd last week they get to close.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it will probably go...

Rebecca/Mary
    Mary/Rebecca
    Matt
    Cher
    One Direction
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It should go...

1. One Direction
    2. Matt
    3. Rebecca
    4. Cher
    5. Mary

I think these are there averages from best to worst. Technically, Cher has a worse average than Mary but she's already closed the show twice and Mary hasn't at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think performance order matters at this stage of the competition... What are the chances of viewers 'forgetting' Mary, after just 4 other performances? Also, people have there favourites now, I suspect atleast 90% of voters will know who they are going to vote for on Saturday today, despite having not seen the performances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First Song

Rebecca
    1D
    Cher
    Mary
    Matt

2nd Song
    Mary
    Matt
    Rebecca
    Cher
    1D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    First Song

Rebecca
    1D
    Cher
    Mary
    Matt

2nd Song
    Mary
    Matt
    Rebecca
    Cher
    1D

I sort of agree, if Mary doesn't go first both rounds she will definitely go first in the last round. There is no chance of her going anywhere near last as it is probably a one on one fight between her and Cher to be the 4th person in the final and I'd imagine the producers would want Cher in there. So expect Cher to be either last or second last, no matter how unfair that may be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I think it'll go like this:

Matt
    Cher/Rebecca
    Mary
    Rebecca/Cher
    1D

Matt's probably the only 'safe' act, so sticking him on first isn't a big risk. One Direction went fairly early last week, and Simon is definitely going to want them in the final; however, if the voting leak that had them in the bottom three was correct, it could take a bit of extra help, and the pimp slot would give them that. Plus, having Cheryl's acts close 7/9 shows would be more than a bit ridiculous.

Also, I think that with the lines opening halfway through, sticking Mary on in the middle is actually worse than putting her at the beginning, because she wouldn't be performing on either side of the lines opening, so people wouldn't be thinking about voting when she performs.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Important that Mary is allowed perform her ballad second of her two songs this time : they did her no favours whatsoever forcing her to perform her better U2 song first on Saturday (at #3 in the running order out of 14 songs).
  • Options
    iloathedanniiiloathedannii Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think that Mary has been treated disgracefully in terms of the running order, and also has been unfairly singled out for sameness in her song choices whilst other acts have been equally if not more guilty of the same offence—but have received no criticism for it.
  • Options
    pgw71pgw71 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loobs40 wrote: »
    I really don't think performance order matters at this stage of the competition... What are the chances of viewers 'forgetting' Mary, after just 4 other performances? Also, people have there favourites now, I suspect atleast 90% of voters will know who they are going to vote for on Saturday today, despite having not seen the performances.

^
    This

I can't see that it makes much difference at this stage, to be honest
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I personally think that Mary has been treated disgracefully in terms of the running order, and also has been unfairly singled out for sameness in her song choices whilst other acts have been equally if not more guilty of the same offence—but have received no criticism for it.

Agreed - all of the final five this year have been very samey in their performances at times, aside from maybe One Direction (and I do not say this as a 1D supporter). Plus, when they have done something unexpected, they've tended to do fairly badly at it, as with Matt & 'Come Together'.

(although I guess Cher has semi-successfully switched between the uptempo rap tracks and the lowkey ballads, but she doesn't deserve half the praise she's getting for either.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All down to one man,Simon Cowell.He doesn't even try and hide how partisan and biased a judge he is these days : it's as if the X Factor is his personal plaything.

Apparently Mary is gutted and quite hurt at her treatment by Simon.She went into the show liking and respecting him,but now knows he can't stand her and wants her off the show.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What it SHOULD be...

First
    1. One Direction
    2. Matt
    3. Rebecca
    4. Cher
    5. Mary
    Second
    1. Matt
    2. One Direction
    3. Cher
    4. Rebecca
    5. Mary

But will it happen? Nuuuh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What show have you been watching where you think fairness comes into it. For Syco fairness will be that because 1D were 2nd last week they get to close.

Fine then:

1)Mary
    2)Cher
    3)Matt
    4)Rebecca
    5)1D
    6) Mary
    7) Matt
    8)Rebecca
    9) Cher
    10) 1D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should probably just clarify, I'm not being snide about your post, just cynical about the running of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary 2nd... Cher last...shocking
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon talking about Louis again and not Mary!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Simon talking about Louis again and not Mary!

I predicted this afternoon that Cowell would start an argument with Louis after Mary had performed :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Simon is too critical of her she'll get backlash votes...he has to be boring when reviewing her...or not talk about her at all in this case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brylcreem wrote: »
    If Simon is too critical of her she'll get backlash votes...he has to be boring when reviewing her...or not talk about her at all in this case.

This- Simon would do anything except actually review Mary or give her any credit :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This- Simon would do anything except actually review Mary or give her any credit :mad:

All the more reason to vote for her : anything that angers him has to be a good idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brylcreem wrote: »

They've been doing that a lot this year - John's backing dancers, Cher's staircase, Wagner's lyrics last week. It's such an annoying tactic, especially because it's something that the casual viewer is unlikely to notice, and it's very effective at making people forget a performance.

If he does it again during her second set of comments, she's in serious trouble.