Matt Baker & Aliona Vilani Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

rita1 wrote: »
This is hearsay anyway, something I don't really like, whichever Matt we're talking about. Sorry Maisie and welcome anyway.

Beemail, I agree with you completely. I wonder if it's Aliona's choreography in particular the judges don't like, or all modern choreography? They seem to have given the most praise to the very traditional, comfortable routines. Because the producers must have known Aliona was a modern choreographer when they hired her, so presumably wanted to update the dancing a little. Why hire her otherwise?

I have at any rate been stunned (sorry to keep using that word) by all her routines except the last one, and that may not have been her fault. I'm mindful also that Matt has said he wants to push the technical limits to see what he can achieve rather than stay with the comfortable. I really don't think the pair are being given enough credit for innovation - especially from Len.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1350535

Comments

• labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Most especially for the New York AS which was the most amazing dance.

I love Sex in the City though, so I'd already loved that song. :)

But the red and white was mesmerising

Alesha saying " you dissappointed me this week Matt" and laughing afterwards about his face and how we danced.
      argggghhhhh Unforgiveable, she's so horrible and over-confident and stupid.
    • crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Oh wow we have been spilt :D I wonder if Matt is going to the Outer Hebrides if Matt is going to be on ITT tonight again :D It appears that Matt is not on ITT tonight so i will assume he is not going to the outer hebrides :D
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
      Forum Member
      Ooooh! How exciting being split before the other app threads! Either Matt's got more fans or we're more verbal diarrhetic......I leave you to decide!:p

And go that Aliona! I know Matt's behind her routines 100%...you only have to replay that bit on ITT when he looked her in the eye and told her "I love the way you teach uz!" I bet he's pushing her to push the boundaries. He's highly trained in an individual sport - the judges never take to this type of sports' person as they find it hard to see through their steely determination and rigid posture. (A posture that's been honed from years of a particular type of training.) Think Gabby Logan and Jade in SCD and Kelly Holmes and Sharron Davis in DOI.......they always pick holes with teeny things like thumbs!

Has anyone found out what his schedule's like this week? I just want them to have time to train properly.

ETA (completely off topic) if anyone needs a belly laff go onto the Ann W dance disaaaaaaster clip tweeted Erin thread and click the link. Be warned. Best not to be drinking at the time or you may ruin your computer!
    • beemailbeemail Posts: 2,195
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      sorry Masie Daisy if I misunderstood your post :)

I don't think Matt had hair extensions he'd just had it straightened.

I was thinking the same thing about ITT tonight! Praying they weren't on in case it meant another trip to the islands. Please God they've got a bit more time the next 2 weeks

:D
    • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Ann and Anton, Gavin and Katya and CRH on ITT this evening
    • Matt&AlionaFanMatt&AlionaFan Posts: 975
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Thread part 2, how did we manage that!! :D

We have to hope Countryfile have decided what Matt filmed last week is enough for their Winter themed episode. Also he must have been filming for the 19th Dec eppie, so let's hope no more day's away for a while (or until next year!).

I ventured out from our thread and have been told off for suggesting Matt didn't have enough time last week to learn a more technical jive, silly me what was I thinking!! :rolleyes:
    • crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Think Matt could be spectacular at the swingathon he always has so much energy which looks very neccesary for it :
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHH2yIPZMls

I just hope Aliona does'nt go to Quirky with the cherography :eek:
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,062
      Forum Member
      He does have the energy and she will go quirky - you can bet on it.

I don't like it at all. Reminds me of the film They Shoot Horses Don't They, which SCD is resembling more and more.

Note to self: stop being so negative:mad:
    • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

I doubt Aliona will get a choice in the swingathon choreography, I think it could be a generic routine that all the couples have to do!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Think Matt could be spectacular at the swingathon he always has so much energy which looks very neccesary for it :
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHH2yIPZMls

I was under the impression they would all be doing the same choreography :confused:
    • holly_oaholly_oa Posts: 935
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      When Countryfile do season specials all of the team are usually together at some point. Whoever though of the hebrides in Dec needs shooting. Julia usually does some sections with Matt in those specials so I'm worried he'll have to go back.
    • beemailbeemail Posts: 2,195
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      In the DWTS one they look to be all doing different routines. Agree Matt will be great at this - not that it might make much difference to how they place him........:p

Stamina could play a big part in whoever comes 1st & 2nd - I think its about 3 minutes long. Can't see Pamela sticking the pace that long.

looks fun but a bit messy, arms & legs all over the shop

:D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I hope they wont use the session as a way of artificially boosting Scott's marks.
    • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
      Forum Member
      Whoo Hoo a second part to Matt's thread :D

thanks for swingathon DWTS. Can see Matt doing well at this.

I'm not expecting to see them until Weds or Thurs ITT as a "normal" week.

Right need to get stalking......what are they dancing...off to see if I can find any confirmation clues about current guesses

BTW Daily Mail writer is a dolt! Matt didnt even get a mention in Stricty write up today!

Of course she didnt recognise him, thought it really was Austin Powers:D
    • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
      Forum Member
      ETA (completely off topic) if anyone needs a belly laff go onto the Ann W dance disaaaaaaster clip tweeted Erin thread and click the link. Be warned. Best not to be drinking at the time or you may ruin your computer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-viobgagnok&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

here's the link. It's brilliant
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,709
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Good evening, everyone! Look, we're on Part 2 - looks like we don't have any posts! :)

I was really pleasantly surprised at work today. We have a habitual Monday morning chat about Strictly, where I keep my Bakeritis firmly under wraps, but today everyone came in absolutely glowing about Matt's performance. For everyone in the room, his dance was the favourite! I was shocked - in a very good way!

Rewatching the dance, I think I did miss how good it was. Yes, they were hampered by the theme and the music, but they did a hell of a job with it, and this was one dance where Matt's development as a dancer and performer throughout the series was very apparent - even if it did go wrong!

I'm feeling very positive about next week's dances for some reason. Given my behaviour over the last few weeks, this feeling will wear off around Thursday, so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as possible.

Any ITT sightings?
    • Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Yya part 2, was suppose to come online to look at train times... I always end up here though :p
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Matts on the one show right now and looking INCREDIBLE
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      holly_oa wrote: »
      Matts on the one show right now and looking INCREDIBLE

Well I guess TOS is better than the Outer Hebrides. Don't go to the dark side permanently Matt though, we need you on Countryfile!

Twitter's going mad - I'm hearing things about a Bond Suit! hehe.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      WOW Matt looking hot hot hot on the One Show
    • westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I'm intrigued as to why Matt is wearing a suit because he looks so HOT in that suit.

From Hayley
    • Matt&AlionaFanMatt&AlionaFan Posts: 975
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      olivej wrote: »
      WOW Matt looking hot hot hot on the One Show

Yes, Matt is looking mighty fine on TOS, which makes me wonder if he has been reading these or the BBC boards as one or the other had been commenting it would be nice to see him on TOS kind of how he was dressed at the Children's Baftas. If so scary!

At least if he is doing TOS it means no trips to OH. I wonder if he started training yesterday to still get enough days before Friday.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
      Forum Member
      I am continually amazed by Matt's physical prowess. I know he did gymnastics years ago but he's 33 now. Amazing. Last week's performance was a bit of a setback imho and I hope he doesn't fade away. he is so talented.

And the (drooling) fabulicious Aliona ? Words almost escape me. Her smile sets me on fire and her dancing is electric. When they appeared in the first few rounds I thought to myself that Matt's wife must be seething to see him with this hot thing :o... but a couple of weeks ago they showed his wife at home in their farm and she is a stunner ... with nothing to fear I see :D
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I'm intrigued as to why Matt is wearing a suit because he looks so HOT in that suit.

From Hayley

We can but hope that this is his Paso outfit! Although I'm sure in reality, he'll be wearing a Kangaroo outfit on Saturday, given how Strictly is.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      For Christmas cheer:

Clips from last year's Countryfile Christmas Special - Matt demonstrates his cooking prowess...and nearly gets knocked over by hunting dogs/horses in a blooper.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI48GmAOVRc

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOa_zfy1asc

Looking at how brilliantly these presenters interact, you can see why he doesn't want to give it up.
      Last week's performance was a bit of a setback imho and I hope he doesn't fade away. he is so talented.

Welcome Saoir! From the looks of it today, he's come out fighting fit, which is exactly what he needed to do - Aliona seems in good spirits as well. I have every confidence that on Saturday, we'll see something amazing. And I'm usually the negative one on here!
    This discussion has been closed.